Reviews for Changes
JaniceC678 chapter 11 . 3/21/2017
Wow! I can't remember the last time I've read so much over such a short period of time! It usually takes me a week or two to get through a medium length multi-chapter, and often just read a one-shot here and there for days at a time, but I am totally addicted to this verse and your writing. And I can't even put my finger on exactly WHAT the magic is - I've read a LOT of great authors here. (Life is too short to waste on bad fan fic) and have betaed some amazing stories, but this has grabbed me more than anything I've come across in a long time. Obviously, the amazing characters you've created in the Swedes and their loving relationship with the boys is a huge part of it...maybe THE main part of it. But whatever it is it works!

And I'm not just fawning over you either, because there are moments when I do the "that's not how I really perceive this or that," but it doesn't seem to matter. I still love it. You definitely see Sam a little differently than I do at times...I would always have seen Sam as turning to Dean for safety and reassurance always before John, so having little Sammy so longing for John even after he had accepted that Dean was Dean was not what I would have expected, but it made for an interesting perspective than what I'm usually used to. And I got a little twitchy with the references to things being so bad between the boys when Sam left for Stamford or even Jo's observations about tensions between them until this happened or Dean's reaction to Sam trying to thank him... In many cases, I would have found that off-putting, but it works for you and these stories. In a way, that could be because what you have captured is actually closer to what we are given in the show. That's why it rings true despite my having grown accustomed to fan fics where their relationship is a little more...I dunno. Constant devotion? In any event, as I said, it totally works!

And more specifically for this story, I LOVED seeing little Sammy have a chance to have the experience of being mothered a bit. Would have loved to see him recognize that and maybe a moment between him and Jo...gee, that seems to be a theme with me in my comments, doesn't it? And the chance for Sam and Dean to reconnect on a different level because of what happened was amazing. Even watching Tommy and Sammy play and become such good friends was so touching, and I could really feel for Tommy when the time came that he had to give that up.
aapenname chapter 11 . 3/13/2017
Every time I read a story from this series, I'm like "No. THIS is the best one." And then, somehow, the next one tops it. This was amazing. I actually found myself sad when Sam inevitably returned to being an adult. I loved the muse piece about Sam taking care of Wee!Dean and I love this one equally (although this one is even harder on my feels because John's not around to reassure his son over the phone). Excellent work!
drood chapter 11 . 11/2/2015
Thanks so much for this story. I really enjoyed the way you wrote all of the characters and especially the relationship between Sam and Dean.
Jade Ice Fire chapter 11 . 7/24/2014
This was such a cool fic. That relationship between the brothers at the end is exactly what I wish the writers would slip back into Supernatural. Sadly there have been few moments of brotherly affection like that in the latter seasons. I love your story.
severinas.96 chapter 11 . 6/5/2013
again, awesome fic...your little sam is sooo cute... and i loved the ending :)
maltose chapter 7 . 11/13/2012
Oh my god! what the hell man? Is this story...

ACTUALLY MAKING ME CRY?

I thought I had a better amount of self control then this. Guess I was wrong.

*Curls up in a corner, sobbing loudly...and grossly.*

TOO MANY FEELS!
Heavenli24 chapter 11 . 2/24/2012
Wonderful story :D!

I normally steer clear of 'De-aged' Sam or Dean fics because they usually seem to come off as silly and unbelievable (or not well thought out), but I think this is the first 'De-aged' fic I've come across where the child (Little Sammy in this case) and the situation are very real - Sam is written so well that I actually saw him as a real child... he wasn't a young version of adult Sam, he really was a '9-year-old Sam'. Both Dean and Young Sam acted/reacted realistically to the situation and really I believed everything that happened :).

Great job :).
x.lizzy.x chapter 6 . 5/22/2011
"No longer "just" little brother and constant companion, but now best friend and partner, as well."

that breaks my heart :'(

it kinda makes sense that Sam would be closer to the guys cause he's never really had a mother figure in his life... I figured that all out on my own...I feel so proud lol

good job! I'm likin it so far :)
x.lizzy.x chapter 5 . 5/22/2011
wow... I LOVE the part that talks about how Sam is "every bit as shielded as Dean". Perfect wording :)

poor Jake! he couldn't sleep cause Tommy and Sam wouldn't shut up! lol makes me think of when I was a kid...too funny lol

good job! :) I haven't had the chance to read much lately and now that I've gotten back to it, I realized how much I missed reading this verse lol
x.lizzy.x chapter 4 . 5/22/2011
yay! they finally made it to the sweeds :)

I love the introductions and stuff...especially the whole "taller/not taller than Dean" thing...too cute! lol

"Jo said, interrupting what would probably have proven to be an embarrassing confrontation between a grown man and a child over who was taller." LOL
x.lizzy.x chapter 2 . 5/16/2011
awww! this was so cute! I felt so bad for lil Sammy...he's scared and wants his Daddy :(

good job! I've been busy lately so I haven't had a chance to read at night like I had before...but I haven't abandoned the stories! I'm gonna get through all of them! :) lol
x.lizzy.x chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
So I can't tell you how glad I am that this story has eleven chapters! That means I get more to read :D and I can be like "alkboaudfoiasjgaln!111!" when I get to the end of a chapter and it's all cliffhangery and then the next chapter is pretty long...and it's a flashback...so I don't getta find out what happened right away! lol but I'm excited cause you're an awesomely awesome writer and well, ya...lol (have I mentioned how awesome of a writer you are? I don't believe I have before :P lol)

so Sam's a kid again? ...weird...lol

awww :( he thinks his Dad is still alive...that's super sad :(

this sounds really cute! I can't wait to read more but unfortunately I have to get some sleep :( super sad times lol
borgmama1of5 chapter 11 . 2/1/2011
Young Sam is written very believably, and I could see Dean acting like this to 'Sammy.'
JediMagnet09 chapter 11 . 6/27/2010
Great story! Love it! :)
colorvoid chapter 11 . 3/21/2010
Like others have said about this fic, you've taken the lil sammy story and done it as realistically as possible, with all the psychological effects that it would have on Sam and Dean. I especially like the way Sam began to remember elements of his adult life - it made the story that much more poignant and interesting.

Again, you treat all the characters well. The dynamics aren't just about Sam and Dean - but also about how they integrate into the Sweeds and your insight into the way Jake feels left out (and Tommy's insecurities over Sam turning into adultSam) felt like a turning point for me in this 'verse, where I went from really liking it to loving it - it was just a perfect demonstration of the way you care about every character in your story.