Reviews for Changes
sgs09 chapter 11 . 2/2/2010
That was a MASSIVELY amazing story! Little Sammy almost broke my heart...especially when he finally found out about John, and when he asked Dean if he was going to die when he switched back to "old Sam." Broke my heart! I just wanted to hug him throughout this!

Also-Dean? I adored him in this fic. He was so wonderful.

One thing that occurred to me while reading this is your attention to details. You don't skimp out. I've read a fair share of de-aged stories, and not a single one has ever been so beleivable as this one. I mean, no one else accounts for the change back to being old,and the awkwardness of physical and emotional issues post-changing back. It was amusing to watch Sam growing into his height again, and it (again) broke my heart to see him hurting from feeling his 9-year old tendencies come to head every now and then. *hugs Sammy*

Few people have written convincing opening scenes too, where the de-aged kid reacts badly to the world around him. I thought your rendition of little Sammy was amazing. He fought back, but he was cute and terrified, but it was amazing. I don't know how to describe it, but I was impressed.

I was glad you added near the end the part about Tommy not wanting to lose his new friend in Sammy. That made me want to bawl. lol

And poor Jake? I would have completely missed the need to put something for him near the end about how he's felt throughout this. But truth be told, he would have been affected very strongly were this a real life situation. So again, I'm impressed with your care to details. :)

As always, I ADORED Jo in this fic. She's like the coolest step-mom the Winchesters could ever have! And dude, Luke is an awesome beast!

My favorite character was Sam. I felt like there was so much depth to his character in this fic. You really went all-out. I loved it because it was so detailed in how he was doing, what he was thinking and feeling, everything.

My second fav character was Dean, of course. Again, see the note above about Sam. You went all-out, giving me TONS of detail about his view of this whole situation. And everything for both characters was totally believable. It was fantastic.

I just...I'm out of words. I don't know how to say it. I loved this story. Like LOVED this story. [insert: bold, italic, underlined, ] LOVED it!

You are most definitely in my fav-authors section now, as is this story, and this AU universe with the Sweeds. 3 lol

Thank you so so much for writing this. As a fellow writer (though more of my own work than fanfic yet) I know it takes a long time to write something like this. A lot of time and a lot of effort. I for one, would like to tell you it is appreciated. :) I got sick this morning, and I was miserable most of the day, but I kept myself amused all day looking forward to my evening because I knew I could read fanfic after doing homework, and I planned on looking through Mask of Insanity again. *grins gleefully* (Hope you finish it soon!) You totally made my night tonight, reading this story. It was beautiful. One of my favorite SPN fics of all time, and let me tell you I've read a lot.

I should stop now, because it's 2:40 in the morning, and I have a 9am college swimming class in the morning, and I'm sick. But at the moment, the loss of sleep doesn't even bother me. I had too much fun. :) You totally made my day! Thank you again for the awesome work and effort you put into this! It was/is totally appreciated.

And just know, I'm one of those people who re-reads all of their favorite stories time and again. I will most definitely be back for re-reading soon. (After I finish reading all of your other fics with the Sweeds, of course. lol)

sgs09
HAMUCHA chapter 11 . 12/20/2009
Such a sweet sweet story.
HAMUCHA chapter 10 . 12/20/2009
(“Does that make sense?” )

Hm. Nah, I don't get it.
HAMUCHA chapter 8 . 12/20/2009
(“Will I remember?”

Dean sighed.

“I don’t know, kiddo,” he admitted.

“If I don’t remember…,” he was looking at Dean with almost frightened eyes, “how will I still be me?”

Dean was quiet for a minute.

“If you don’t remember, Sammy, I will,” he said finally, softly, eyes solemn as they met Sam’s. “Michael will. Tommy and Jake and Jo and Luke will. We’ll remember for you.”).

Such a good answer. I was hopping he was gonna say that.
HAMUCHA chapter 7 . 12/20/2009
(“Are there more bad things you don’t want to tell me?”

“Yeah, Sammy, there are,” he admitted.

Dean felt a tremor run through Sam and the nod of his brother’s soft hair against his bicep. The boy curled small fingers around his brother’s forearm.

“Do you think I’ll remember them, too?”

Dean turned his head, pressing his lips against the top of Sam’s head.

“I don’t know,” he breathed.)

Poor, Sam (sniff).
HAMUCHA chapter 6 . 12/20/2009
(“Do you think those hikers that disappeared got turned into kids?”

Dean sighed. “Yeah, probably. The timing is right.”

“What do you think happened to them?” Michael’s voice was hesitant.

Dean rolled his shoulders. The hikers hadn’t been reported missing for almost a week after the full moon – they’d had a back country pass for the weeks on either side of the lunar change. Dean shivered. Two little children. Alone in that cave, wandering through the wilderness. Lost. Scared. There’d been no report of found kids. Or bodies.)

Oh, god. That would be awful.
HAMUCHA chapter 5 . 12/20/2009
“Yes,” Dean said pointedly. “I can.” He handed Sam his pillows. “I’m the big brother,” he said angrily. “So move. Now.”

“It’s not fair,” Sam complained again. “You’re mean.”

Great.

“We’ll go to sleep now, Dean, we promise.” Tommy sounded betrayed even as he pled his case.

Aw, poor Sam. Dean should've been more gentle.
HAMUCHA chapter 4 . 12/20/2009
Aw, Tommy also sounds like a sweet little boy. The way he excitedly went running and stopped by his mother is a very interesting and funny picture in my mind.
HAMUCHA chapter 3 . 12/20/2009
When will they go to see Jo? When? When?
HAMUCHA chapter 2 . 12/20/2009
(“Good. How much time do I have?”

Sam angled his head toward the clock. “Twenty-seven minutes.”

Dean could see the anxiety on Sam’s face.

He was back in fourteen.)

Hurray, Dean!
HAMUCHA chapter 1 . 12/19/2009
(So. You can blame Janissa11 and her wonderful, amazing Under a Haystack series for this bit of insanity. I fell absolutely in love with her little Dean and wanted Jo to meet him. :) But, of course, that couldn’t happen, because I could never write a little Dean as awesome as hers. Sniff. But that did get me thinking about Jo meeting one of the boys as a child. Which left poor Sam. Here was the beginning. More to follow…)

Nice beginning! And I've read little Dean first, so I saw that you also can make an awesome little Dean.
Disneymagic chapter 11 . 11/22/2009
Lovely story, just lovely.

Great brother moments and little Sammy was so cute. Big brother Dean ever the protector, but still vulnerable and missing the affection of Sam's youth.

The rough housing/wrestling was a nice touch and well do I know how realistic that is as a mother with two boys of my own.

Awesome, thank you so much.
ziggy.uk chapter 11 . 9/18/2009
Just loved this fic. Perfect how your wrote their relationship with Sam de-aged, at first not really believing Dean was his brother as he was an adult and desperately wanting their dad, not remembering he was dead. Beautiful how Dean cared for his little brother and Sam putting his trust in him, giving both of them something they had missed with them both being adults. Believable how Sam was first de-aged then reverted to his adult self but still found himself needing Dean like he had as a child but stopping himself. Great the talk between them, though at first it looked like Dean had taken it the wrong way but they got there in the end and their relationship was better for it. And again, the addition of the Sweeds to the mix was experty done - the change in the dynamic with the boys when Sam was around Tommy's age and then when he was back to normal. Pity they don't have this love and support from such friends on the show.

Can't really do this fic justice with my review, but yet another one of yours added to favourites.
LizzieJoe chapter 11 . 6/4/2009
AMAZING!

xoxo
elderwitty chapter 1 . 2/8/2009
I know I told of the glee-squealing when I first read this, Son of Under the Haystack. It still delights.

-The slightly wondering sound of the admission, made Sam sound ridiculously young.

Foreshadowing? Or just hilariously funny? Tell ya what, we'll split the difference and go with, both. *glee*

Oh, dear. Dean's stunned reaction to wee!Sam. Sam's shouts for Dean, his Dean. Makes my heart clench. And then Dean (mostly) managing to gain Sam's trust, even after all John must have warned him.

-“I just… I just want my dad.” The tears in his voice were breaking Dean’s heart.

Not just Dean's. And it must be killing him to have hurt and frightened Sam, even if unintentionally or for his own good.

-“You smell like Dean,” Sam said again, drowzily. “And kind of like Dad.”

Ouch.

The bath. All of it, from the tears, to the shirt, to Sam's too-small palm. Especially Dean, non-contact Dean, unhesitatingly reaching out to soothe Sammy when he needs it. All so sweet.

Sammy grabbing his own breakfast and just dropping the rest is so perfect an illustration of the selfishness of childhood that I can't even quantify it. And Sammy's wonder at his first computer makes me giggle every time, what the edging in front and touchpadding and "trusty sidekick geek boy."

The nine year old b!tchface really makes it, though.

-“Come now,” she said without hesitation.

Family. In six words. Brilliant.

I know I delineated in the first review how amazing the images are that you've conjured to show us the meeting between Sam, Tommy and Jo. Tommy's instant obedience at Jo's call. How, despite training that let Sam almost escape Dean (what the flailing and eeling) even when injured, he hangs back shyly, using Dean as a protective wall. How he's unsure of Jo but still trusting enough of Dean's judgement to let her close. How he stands up to Tommy, then makes friends once Tommy reveals his eventual overtopping of Dean. And Dean's grumping at same. I _know_ I did, but when I went back it didn't say any of that. Fiction so good it causes hallucinations, that's what I like. And this:

-“I think the two of them together may prove somewhat challenging,” she said thoughtfully.

What she said.

I love Jo watching the boys in the kitchen, doing their pas de deux of comfort. And her analysis of Sam's see-through mask is masterful. There's no way he's as open as he seems, not when he and Dean had the childhood they did. But hiding in plain sight is always the most convincing disguise. And then Sammy and Tommy, thick as thieves - giggling, chattering, hyperactive, non-sleeping thieves. Good thing Dean's not jealous, huh?

-“I don’t want to be the adult,” he said, somewhat petulantly.

Me, neither, also petulantly. Work and bills and responsibilty, and I'm supposed to do the dishes and the cleaning and feed the cats and go to bed at a reasonable (for me) hour. Sucks. Sammy/not!Sam. Jo's realization that Sam just has no basis for relating to her, and her reversal of that. Cookies is always a good plan. Sly!Sammy cookie baker FTW!

-“Not too much longer, baby,” she whispered against his ear. “Just hold on a little while longer.”

I miss my mom. Thank god Sammy has Jo. I think that's why I love this 'verse so much. Sam and Dean get the emotional support they need and deserve and almost never get on the show. Overt, and that's what a nine year old needs here.

-Jo took his ear and gave it a twist.

:giggles with a slightly unholy glee:

Tommy tacklehugging Luke, although in my mental movie he looks more like Hobbes than Cato. Sammy getting pulled into the tickle pile. “They didn’t have Dean.” And then the devastation, not only of Daddy (jesus, 'daddy' not 'dad') being dead, but everybody he trusts lying to him. With more bad things to come.

The bad things come, adult emotions in a baby's dream, but there're good things, too: love, forgiveness, Looney Toons. A plan to get Sam back and Michael to keep watch. Luke and tacos and jump rope diversions. Why didn't I know about this during my babysitting days? Poor Jake - I know how he feels. All my siblings correspond to cousins except me. Aunts/uncles not as into Irish twins my parents, I guess. "Baby" as both a pejorative and endearment. It really is all in the tone. And then a successful plan (that was a plan?) and Sam's return. Good.

I can't point at anything specific in Chapter 10, I can only read it three or four times and smile like a loon. Success, explosion, reunion, apology, laundry, lunch, realisations, decompression, reconnections, reorientation and detention. Action-packed.

Luke and Jo's awesome ability to read Sam and help him, even with stuff he doesn't know he needs. Like how to fix his relationship with Dean. Not just the current stress, but the long term tension that's almost unnoticed. The talk by the car. Guh! I want Kripke to film this, now. Jo's surprise every time they leave echoes my own. Why would they ever want to leave a place that is so patently good for them? What? Fate of the world? Whatever - they deserve a break. And Jo worries when they're away.

Concrit - none. This is perfect. Well, it is posted on this site, where the review screen is seriously lacking. Other than that - yeah, perfect.
327 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »