Reviews for Changes
PADavis chapter 11 . 10/9/2007
I've truly enjoyed reading your Strangers and Angels stories. I was perfectly willing accept this gentle family and how the boys fit into it. Until now the only AU I took time to read was Ridley's, but found you through a community. And found Janissa11 and her heartbreaking story Under a Haystack as well. Like Jo, your writing style for all of your stories (AU or straight) is gentle, human, and understanding. I've now plundered through your author page and read all the SN pieces now. Will look forward most eagerly to a new piece. Phoebe
Spense chapter 11 . 10/4/2007
I'm so sorry that I haven't reviewed this one in it's entireity. I absolutely loved it. As I've commented before, I tend to not care for the age regression stories, as they don't tend to have the depth. Your's on the other hand . . .

You just don't dissappoint. I couldn't wait for each chapter to come up. You really used the situation to explore how the dynamics of the whole family would change should the age change for one. Michael and Jacob was very classic, and Jake's reaction to the possible change back compared to Tommy's. One boy praying for one outcome, the other for another. Talk about conflicting emotions!

But I think I especially liked Dean's whole confusion about the mess. Missing his brother, but doing his job - taking care of Sam. Sam, realizing that he'd just wanted his father and how that must have hurt Dean. And how he dealt with it. Typical Winchester - mangeing to muck up just saying thank you!

Your exploration of both Dean and Sam's complex emotions regarding the situation was both realistic and very well done. And as usual, Jo and her family were a wonderful foil for the boy's lack of 'normal' in their lives, and their graditude when it comes their way.

Excellent writing as usual. You know your craft and how to convey the story your telling with a deft, delicate touch. It's a joy to read, and I can't wait for your next one.

S.
geminigrl11 chapter 11 . 9/27/2007
Wow. Just wow. I can't repeat enough how much I absolutely adore this fic. In every way. And the resolution was perfect. I wish I could find a better way to express it, but I hope it suffice's to say: still and always a favorite, and to me, the defining AU-wee!Sam fic. It feels just like an 11-chapter hug. *hugs back*
Tarien Lakilea Tel'anor chapter 11 . 9/23/2007
Another great story in this verse. I loved how you made Sam scared of Dean at first. All the underlying fear behind the don't talk to strangers rule. It hit me hard and I really felt for both Sam and Dean. Usually I don't like the little kid stories but this was just great. And I love the development behind the other three boys as well. You make them more than just OC's, they are real characters that I feel for. Thanks for this story! I can't wait for the next installment.
sphynxcat chapter 1 . 9/17/2007
Another great addition to the Angels & Strangers universe but I don't think it qualifies as Crack!fic. Which is fine, most Crack!fic is bad anyway. Eagerly awaiting your next work.
Angelbyname chapter 11 . 9/9/2007
Another wonderful, ficlet. You totally understand these boys
NC Girl chapter 11 . 9/8/2007
Well, I have to admit, I was a little skeptical at the idea of a story in which Sam actually turned into a child. It just seemed a little too “far fetched” for my taste. However, to be quite honest, I would probably read a technical manual from cover to cover if I found out that you wrote it, so I gave this a shot… and boy, AM I EVER GLAD THAT I DID! As usual, this was absolutely fantastic. I love the entire Sweed clan and just adore the role that they play in the lives of Dean and Sam. You write these characters to perfection and do such a remarkable job telling a story. I would love to know your inspiration for each of them because you created them with such detail and in so many layers.

I have been checking your profile page nearly every day since June, waiting for the “complete” notation to appear (because I have such a hard time reading your stories in chapters; I just want to get lost in “Reading-world” from start to finish) and I can say that this was so worth the wait. Thank you for posting this! I’m off to read it again. :)
ShinobuSaiga chapter 11 . 9/7/2007
And a satisfying close to another wonderful fic. While the hunt itself had a feel of one of those win some, lose some things, it's nice to see Dean and Sam get something positive out of a supernatural thing for once. I'm still more fond of little Dean as opposed to little Sam (because I just want to see how Sam deals with the role reversal) but your Sammy was so adorable.

And may I say yet again how much I love Jo and Luke and all of your characters and how much they are people in their own right apart from Dean and Sam (Tommy and Jake and their issues). The entire family is so real and so much something that would do the boys a world of good...

BTW... I take this is pre-AHBL2?
RedDragen chapter 11 . 9/7/2007
I enjoyed this story, I will miss it.
NathMG chapter 11 . 9/5/2007
This was such a good story. I'm sorry I wasn't reviewing regularly, but I wanted to let you know that I just love the "S&A" Universe that you've created.

Great moments between Sam and Dean. I love it when you let us see them through Jo's eyes. She has a wonderful way of seeing them that strips away all the barriers.

Sam's realization at the end that the time he spent with adult-Dean was the happiest and safest he had ever been was such a wonderful moment. Terrific job!

I hope you have something new in the works:-)
CrashnBurn chapter 11 . 9/4/2007
*wipes away tears* That was great. Oh I loved this story so much. You did an awesome job. I can't wait to read anymore fic you got planned in the near future. ;)
Becomingwhaturmeantobe chapter 11 . 9/4/2007
That was so adorable. I loved the ending. Great job!
sendintheclowns chapter 11 . 9/4/2007
I really enjoyed this look at a vulnerable Sam and the way Dean cared for him. Smartly done and very poignant. Thanks for sharing!
meldavis chapter 11 . 9/3/2007
I loved this story! And this whole series you have created! Thank you for writing it and sharing it with us! I hope you plan on continuing this series!
Master Li chapter 11 . 9/3/2007
I love this story so much! Thank you for writting it! It was an amazing story and I'm sorry to see it end. I love this verse, I can't wait to see what you write next. Consider me hooked on it already.
327 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »