Reviews for Comfort
Dkshrudjskskdjfjsk chapter 1 . 8/6/2011
What an awesome story! I love Alec and Joshua's friendship and this story is a perfect example of it! Great job! :)

~Tango
FarFromActive chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
Beautifully written!

I love Alec's and Joshua's friendship (:
TheKritty chapter 1 . 3/8/2009
HeyHo!

Wouh, I SO love this story! I really needed a really good Dark Angel Story right now, 'bout Alec and this Rachel - thing. And there it was. Amazing!

I always saw Alec as a little bit forlorn guy, like you said, adrift and so on. He's such a smart ass, but he really has a heart and he's so empathetic and sensitiv. And your story shows that, in a really really AMAZING way!

(And you story shows, that Alec is so freakin' Dean-like...smirk)

Love the way you let Joshua act! Just like in "reality" - u know what I mean I hope - and what a great idea to let Joshua say the same words Max said to him when Isaac died.

I felt so sorry for Alec when he began to cry :(. Glad , that Joshua's such a good friend and was there for him.

And the last scene was cute!

(Reminds me on dozens of Dean and Sammy-scenes lol).

Great job!

Kritty
Nehasupnfan chapter 1 . 8/9/2008
This was so sweet and cute! I always loved Alec and Joshua. They were the two best characters on Dark Angel! I have the warm fuzzies now thanks to you :) Thanks for posting.
wolfGirl812 chapter 1 . 8/3/2008
great job
staceycj chapter 1 . 7/3/2008
I now officially have to go rewatch this episode. Great story!
Kelcor chapter 1 . 4/19/2008
Wow! You wrote this? I read this story a long time ago - before becoming a member - and have thought of it many times since, but I've been unable to find it again! Now that I have, I'm definitely adding it as one of my favourite stories - go figure, eh! I love Dark Angel - own both seasons on DVD - and, even more so, Alec! Sounds like we have a few things in common! :o) Well done, once again!
Nana56 chapter 1 . 1/11/2008
This is my favorite episode...this and "Fuhgedaboudit". I really like the way you did Joshua. Jensen was so young during DA! Just beautiful!

It was good to see him and Joshua be friends here and in the show. Well done.
heraldtaliar chapter 1 . 1/1/2008
That was absolutley beautiful! I love the friendship Alec and Joshua had and I wish they had focused more on it on the show. I always felt like Alec was the only one who treated Joshua like an equal rather than like a child (albeit an innocent equal). Max and OC meant well, but they acted more like fussy mothers than friends. On the other hand, Joshua was the only one who seemed to really understand Alec and didn't take digs at him every time the opportunity arose. You captured that relationship and the characters themselves perfectly in this story. I could just picture this scene in my head almost as if I were watching my DVDs. Thanks for posting this!
Muffy Morrigan chapter 1 . 8/14/2007
"Cannot un-care" how beautiful a sentiment, and such a lovely tag for this ep. Great job and this one might find itself in a SN binder!
Angelbyname chapter 1 . 8/10/2007
Oh my God, just found this and its wonderful (sob). Off to read the rest of your stuff now.
chb76 chapter 1 . 8/6/2007
loved this, so sweet - poor Alec needs a bit of comfort now and then bless him
Crogos chapter 1 . 7/10/2007
Oh, that was a very sweet story! I really enjoyed that. I just loved the deep understanding Josh had of Alec, he was always the most perceptive and accepting of all the characters. It's a nice thought to think that Josh would've been there for Alec in his time of need, and it really makes sense-even when taking into account canon.

Great Job!
nicklebackfan chapter 1 . 7/2/2007
i really really liked this it was original and heart up the good work.
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 6/24/2007
You really nailed that girl, it sat so well with the episode, awesome writing! You got the Alec/Joshua friendship just right, the words perfect, just as in DA!

Joshua wasn't fooled though. “You are not fine. You are sad. Rachel gone – Alec loved her. Blames himself for her death. Not your fault though. Manticore. They are the ones. Not Alec.” he said and Alec dropped his head so he was looking at the floor, unable to meet Joshua's gaze anymore.

Through his 'functional' (or want of a better word) speech Joshua conveyed Alec's feelings perfectly, getting to the very heart of his suppressed emotions.

The simple feeling of being able to let go and have someone else take care of things - take care of him. And so he did just that. He cried for Rachel, for the future that was taken away from her, from both of them. He cried for all the hours spent in a dark, solitary cell. Beaten, alone, and wanting nothing more than to be with the woman he loved who was now gone forever.

And all the while Joshua just held him. He knew there was nothing that could be said, no words that could make this better. So he acted by instinct. Soothing. Caring. Taking care of his friend.

Eventually there were no more tears left. Alec pulled away, slowly, and Joshua let him. He rubbed his hands over his face, wiping away the remnants of the tears. He felt drained, exhausted. But he also felt lighter somehow. As if the real grieving process had begun, the one that would allow him to remember Rachel one day without the pain, without the guilt.

And Joshua instinctively comforting Alec, something he desperately needed but would have walked away from if not for Joshua's persistence and insight. Because of his friend he could finally begin to grieve and also remember the happiness she brought him.

Really enjoyed that, blew me away!