Reviews for On Horror's Head
Tressa chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
This was incredible. First off, I love your OC. Its very rare to find original characters that are developed and interesting and help to carry the story as well as the canon characters. You did a great job showing Roy as he might have been between the series and the movie. And the irony of the whole situations was heartbreaking; him not realizing that the man who was to replace him was in fact the Flame Alchemist. Heart-renching and very emotional. Thank you for sharing this. It definitely deserves the praise in the reviews that its received.
Shizuku Tsukishima749 chapter 1 . 10/15/2011
AW! This is so sad! Gosh, poor Dobson, but this is wonderful! Wonder how he's going to feel if/when he ever finds out who that 'lowlife' is... XD Rock on! I usually despise OCs (Dobson is one, right...? Or did I miss something...? XD), but this one was so well-developed and really caught me! *U* Rock on!
Ghost of the Crescent Moon chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
Excellent one shot, I really liked the third party view, lends a different perspective to the events. Great stuff!
laydee kai chapter 1 . 2/17/2009
okay... so i have finally read this oneshot and the other, and i must say that i LOVED it. i am not much on oneshots because if they are really awesome (like this one) it leaves me wanting more and i don't get it because it IS a oneshot.

you are super talented and once again... WELCOME BACK!
yumeniai chapter 1 . 10/11/2008
SO sad! I feel so sorry for Roy in this one ... Would the commanding officer be Pride (in the anime)?
reikahikaru chapter 1 . 8/16/2008
awesome... nice angst!
pippermint chapter 1 . 7/23/2008
Aha! I read this a while ago, but forgot to review it.

This has got to be one of my favorite oneshots, and not just because Roy is amazing beyond all reason. It's funny, it's poignant, it's sad, and it just makes for very interesting reading. It's always nice to get an outsider's perspective of a well-known canon character.

Thanks for writing this!
Girl Wonder 2005 chapter 1 . 7/14/2008
that was darn good

I really hope you could write more like this
J Plash chapter 1 . 7/13/2008
This is beautiful. So terribly sad, and just wonderful. Excellent writing, and a very creative take on the theme. Great fic.

J
Kimono Kay chapter 1 . 7/10/2008
I really do wonder why I haven't noticed this one-shot before, I swear sometimes I am just totally blind. -_-

That job does sound utterly boring... and very, very cold. I think it's interesting why Mustang went up North, from the anime and movie, and how I wish Hawkeye had went to see him. (

It was actually pretty funny when that officer, Quinn, asked Mustang why he was there. Hm, well he got what he asked for, even if he didn't believe him. That said, I'd never believe it, it's a pretty big thing. He's gonna be in for a shock when he gets home. :P

"Who the hell did this guy think he was, anyway? The freakin’ Flame Alchemist?"- Hahaha, that's just brilliant. _ He's obviously heard of him, but can't put the name to the face. It's a great little story you've written, and I wish I'd noticed it sooner. )
Full Metal Fangirl chapter 1 . 5/31/2008
poor roy :(

great ending though, i loved the whole thing :)
Coco-Minu chapter 1 . 5/30/2008
That was sad, and slightly disturbing. But it was sort of befitting a punishment for Mustang, and I felt sort of...sorry for him, perhaps that is a good way to put it.

Nice work.
DreyaCira chapter 1 . 5/2/2008
Best part was Quinn thinking, "Who the hell does he think he is, the Flame Alchemist?" This was a depressing, yet very realistic look into the somber existence poor Roy had to lead up at that poor, lonely little post. Great little story.
Red's 21st chapter 1 . 4/20/2008
I really enjoyed this! I like how you wrote it with a character not from the series. It adds flavour and certainly lends understanding to Roy's dismal attitude and stationing up in the north!
Lukoni chapter 1 . 11/18/2007
I really enjoyed this! It's a fabulous look at Roy's desolation and vulnerability. I loved seeing it from an average stranger's point of view. It makes it so much more poignant for those of us who know Roy's story. And the voice of your OC is excellent - just the right amount of curiosity mixed with self interest.

After wading through a sea of very similar Roy-based stories, this one really stands out! Thanks for posting.