Reviews for Innocence Lost
sonicfan7895 chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
Wow. I've never read such an interesting and riveting JC2 story in my life! I'm definitely going to read your sequel; this was so dark in the beginning, like a hero brooding over the past! Much like Cloud in FF7 and Advent Children, or maybe the moment before the Big Bang. When the Drac Beasthunter moved Kahu to press forward with his adventure, it was like the Big Bang had ignited and gave birth to a brand new beginning for not only Kahu and Nico, but for the Drac Beasthunter as well, giving the Drac a new reason to be a Beasthunter! Not just to look for Kemeul (who is now no longer existant), but for the main reason Beasthunters are around; to hunt Kalma and protect the Temple!

A very moving adaptation of JC2, and it makes me wish THAT was part of the story after Levant's death. Also, the blood-stained hands of Kahu only seem to reflect the sadness of not only Kahu, but Levant's as well; Levant only saw his mother for a few brief years, and his father only once. Levant was always sad, but he had to keep a poker face to the Beasthunters and Kahu. When he died, it was like his sadness, along with his very soul merged with Kahu's, giving him that sense of melancholy in the beginning. The sense of quietness is contagious in the beginning, until the Drac beasthunter interrupts the sad and quiet with glee and sound!

It was a fantastic beginning to a new imaginative saga in Jade Cocoon 2, and really; I wish this was part of the story! Expect another review for your sequel, and keep up the great work!

wonder-launcher-7895
ThePyroInTheCorner chapter 1 . 5/12/2008
So there are other people who have played Jade Cocoon, I'm not alone! :D
ville hermanni chapter 1 . 2/8/2008
yay
Yoshomo chapter 1 . 11/21/2007
Short, but still quite enjoyable. I think you did a good job. I'll be reading the next one in a bit.

Also like the other reviewers I didn't know anyone else who so enjoyed & beat JC2.
Halcyon Disturber chapter 1 . 10/24/2007
Wow, there are actually three other people who've played the game. T_T You'll have to excuse me, I have something in my eye *Sniff*. I loved the game, customixing the monsters was the best part lol
Darkle chapter 1 . 9/6/2007
You'll have to excuse me if the first thing I exclaimed when my eyes wandered a little left in the games section and noticed Jade Cocoon happened to be: "WHAT THE SHIT. WHEN DID THAT GET THERE." Followed by what I would've liked to be tears of joy, but sadly I'm not very good at crying when the moment calls for it, and I certainly consider this a moment that called for it. The other reviewer spoke so truly-I've never met another who had even heard of the game, much less played it.

Jade Cocoon 2 was, and is quite simply my favorite game of all time. The graphics were lush and colorful, the divine beasts(especially the Dracs!) imaginative, and all the characters so amusing and endearing and most importantly, amazingly well-rounded, especially the ones you see the darkest sides of. The plot was intriguing as well. And the wings thing was cool, for all of the hour you got it.

Anyway, there is now a fic of it, something I'd desired for years, and it's a pretty good one. I am very pleased. Although I could've sworn the fairy's name wasn't spelled that way. More like Neco I thought? Man, I should know that. Anyway, for a brief critique: Your tenses flipping pretty often is your worst problem, you lost the apostrophe in "The pains still there." and you mispelled reflection as refection in the paragraph below that. Might want to think about getting a beta-reader, another pair of eyes always helps. But screw critique, it's a JC2 fic. Granted it's missing Gil, but I can't have everything I suppose. Can I bribe you into another? I've forgotten all my own ideas.
TheRantingLogician chapter 1 . 8/16/2007
You rock simply because you wrote a Jade Cocoon fan fic. I've never met another soul who had played that game.