Reviews for A Matter of Will
Moewe24aol.com chapter 26 . 5/24
Hi, hello, hallo, ciao and hola, salut, marhaba, shalom!

I don't really know whether you still read, or even receive any reviews to this amazing story of yours after the considerably long time that has gone by meanwhile. I found it only recently, however, thanks to Whitehound's list of favourite stories which I intend to follow up by and by, so I do hope sincerely that you'll be able to find this little review of mine yet. I really think that a huge thank you for this wonderful story is absolutely appropriate. I loved to read it from the beginning to the very end, and it took us readers on a breathtaking journey through the depth of mortal danger, complete desperation, pain and darkness (no pun intended) via hope and friendship, love and persistence to to a heart-warming happy ending. I loved the way you found the words and mental images to make us all feel along with all the protagonists. Your ability to describe their feelings, their state of mind, their hopes, desperation, guilt, whatever, is really amazing. I sometimes read with bated breath, believe me, and I was so glad about the ending, last but not least with regard to the wonderful Dr. Ingham. It was such a relief to see them all survive and be freed from all their pain and suffering, and start a happier life with their intended partners. I knew, because you said so in the beginning, that there would be no special romance for Severus, and so I knew what was going to happen, or what was not going to happen respectively, but it's a bit sad to see him still alone in a more personal sense... with friends, yes, but still without a special, dear one. This is not meant as critique, however, because the story is perfect the way it is... just a feeling I had when I was done reading.
I think that I will browse through your other stories for awhile, to see if there are others I like just as much.
Special thanks for sharing the story of your beloved aunt with us. May God bless her soul!
With best regards from Germany to bella Italia!
excessivelyperky chapter 26 . 3/30
Awww...I love this ending! Thank you so much for this story.
excessivelyperky chapter 25 . 12/19/2015
Well, I hope Snape has beat himself over the head hard enough for Harry’s satisfaction…but I am glad he’s finally healed. Sadly, Harry really is like his mother that way; not happy till the teacher who yelled at him has groveled enough (unfortunately, Snape could never grovel hard enough for Lily).

Still, things are on the mend, and with that I am content.
excessivelyperky chapter 24 . 12/11/2015
And of course Tonks and Remus aren't ever going to admit how the camera was broken. After all, they are good guys and Remus is only getting the help that he deserves.

Oh, and Albus finally got around to leaving something to keep Snape out of Azkaban. It’s only a couple of years late! And the Ministry tries to make up for all their follies—but it’s a bit late, too.

Isn’t it amazing that all these good things happen to Snape only when *Albus* decides it should. But we all know what the real sacrifice is for all these people being healed, and it’s not just Hermione’s tears.

It does seem that some of the people there at the school are beginning to realize this, but again, it’s not till *Albus* makes a move that anyone besides Hermione seems to care at all. Lord, are all these people still Dumbledore’s hand puppets?

But I’m sure that Tonks and Remus really care. Not. After all, *they’re* fine now, and Remus has only pretended to care about Snape all this time; he’ll always be a real Marauders. Tonks picked up her attitude towards Snape from someone close to her, after all.
excessivelyperky chapter 23 . 12/5/2015
Good chapter. Isn’t it amazing how Snape is supposed to sacrifice everything for everybody, but whenever he actually gets something people like Tonks sneer at it and kick at him? And Snape is right—Remus never really cared for Snape till he needed Snape’s help, and even then let his friends beat and hex him.

But as ever, Snape is the one who is wrong and has to give everything up so that everyone else might have a good life.

I feel sorry about Hermione, though. Snape ought to realize how much she loves him and return it.
asma4life chapter 26 . 11/3/2015
Hola, cara! Did you realise I actually wished to meet Becky one last time before ending this lovely fic? :)
Such a beautiful end... I have no words to express... Only I wish I could favourite this fic ten times over! Thank you for sharing it with us, - Asma.
asma4life chapter 25 . 11/3/2015
Oh joy! Pure joy! It was beautiful...and the little comical interlude between Severus and Hermione was cute :) please do thank Harry on my behalf for the huge gesture.
asma4life chapter 24 . 11/3/2015
Thank you for not building Severus' and our hope, cara... It would have only hurt a lot more acutely if he had been the last to try.
I'm happy for the healed victims... But my heart breaks with our hero. Like with him, none of the little joys (he had so desired in the beginning) are able to reach my heart. None. But I will still hope for him till the very end of this fic.
asma4life chapter 23 . 11/2/2015
That silly, exasperating, stubborn and proud man! Why did he break the camera?!
asma4life chapter 22 . 11/2/2015
A happy chapter at last! :) I'm so happy for Severus... But there's more to this mysterious benefactor than Severus thinks. Right? But I have a question again. When the whole wizarding world experienced different levels of healing with the destruction of the two accursed wands, why were the four affected in the battle an exception. I mean they should have atleast had a minor improvement, or a halt in the progression of the curse?
asma4life chapter 21 . 11/2/2015
Oh dear, What an adventure! I just couldn't let this story wait till the evil was conquered. And I love the way you did it. The mind and wand connection, Becky to their aid and Harry's mysterious magic! Amazing!
asma4life chapter 19 . 11/2/2015
I was waiting to read Remus in this fic. Quite an amazing character. And I was wondering of the effect of the battle's curse on his lycantrophy? What happens during full moon to him now?
And you say in this chapter, Severus is unclear of the way to his quarters as he has rarely travelled them in his tenure before. How so? If he had to be sure or most familiar with anything it should be the Headmaster's office, his lab and his quarters. Then the library, and the infirmary. Why is he unsure?
asma4life chapter 17 . 11/2/2015
Heartbreaking yet beautiful. Every character, every scene and every emotion so vivid yet distinct. My admiration for your writing has elevated to a whole new level. From Molly to Severus, everyone undergo such terrific mix of emotions like the colours of the leaves... I truly admire you for this symbolism.
asma4life chapter 15 . 11/2/2015
So, it was Voldemort! Oh, horror! He isn't really gone. The most unexpected, shocking and scary twist I've ever read.
asma4life chapter 13 . 11/1/2015
You know! Minerva was the first character I fell in love with in HP universe. I love her all the more here. It was a heartbreaking chapter, but a truly beautiful fic.