Reviews for A Matter of Will
Mikee chapter 12 . 12/8/2007
Whoa ... thank you for the mention in your message. That was most unexpected.

With every chapter of this story that I read, I am struck by how well you write about Sev's plight. You really are good a capturing the full spectrum of emotions that he is going through, especially the desperation and insecurity, the anger and fear.

Sev being able to see - even if just for a flash - was cool. I can't help but wonder if it was the result of the hug by Becky. I'm wondering if maybe his heart is softening, and if once that happens, and the process is finished, his eyes would be restored...? I'm just speculating here, but I'm must admit that I'm doing so with crossed fingers. *grin*

I really like Becky and am wondering if she will play a continuing part in the story. It would be cool if she could break through Sev's walls and become, if not a romantic interest, then at least a true and trusted friend. I know they have had their differences, and that Sev's sharp tongue can wound her, but I can't help but think that after he's back at Hogwarts, she'll begin to miss him. Oh, not right away, but eventually. I can imagine her wondering how he's doing, and that that curiosity would grow until she finally just has to go and find out how he is. Sorry - I guess there is a bit of a romantic in me. Besides, I always want Sev to be happy and loved. *shrugs*

Looking forward to more, please.

Thank you.
Dipi chapter 12 . 12/8/2007
finally sev is going back to his home.

and that twist makes me wonder...

anyway, a well written chapter

see you soon
Silverthreads chapter 12 . 12/7/2007
Such a tragic scene, I could feel everyone's own pain.
Silverthreads chapter 11 . 12/7/2007
Wow, that's some bitterness Severus holds onto. I only hope it doesn't blow up in everyone's faces.
CoyoteWolf chapter 12 . 12/7/2007
He could see! Omg! That's wicked!
wynnleaf chapter 11 . 12/7/2007
I'm catching up on reading this. There's absolutely nothing wrong with using present tense as long as you don't get trapped into making mistakes with tenses. There's no unwritten rule against it either. The only real problem with it is that many inexperienced writers who use present tense can end up with confusion. Don't worry about it. You're doing quite well.
Iva1201 chapter 12 . 12/7/2007
Happy to see you have updated - and yes, this seems to be promising for him. Hope it will be permanent sometimes in the future... (-:
duj chapter 11 . 11/17/2007
But is it only a temporary defeat for Rufus?
CoyoteWolf chapter 11 . 11/16/2007
*sobs and sobs more* *sniffs* Yay Severus!
misundersnape chapter 11 . 11/16/2007
So glad to see you put up another chapter. So finally some positive things are starting to happen for poor tortured Severus. Looking forward to seeing what Howgwarts and Albus have in store for our dark hero. Well done! A great chappie!

Love misundersnape
Dipi chapter 11 . 11/16/2007
you write very well and describe the emotions perfectly

and i dont find a problem with your present tense

i, actually, had not noticed the difference till you mentioned it

cya after a month
PotionPolice chapter 10 . 10/15/2007
Ah! Wonderful as always! Keep it up - I can't wait until the next chapter with Minerva.

Congrats,

HulaHula
the-dreamer4 chapter 10 . 10/14/2007
Why does Dr Ingham keep referring to Becky as his niece when she is his granddaughter?

Anyways, nice chapter ... Severus should understand the irony quite well.

Watching for more,

dreamer
Mikee chapter 10 . 10/14/2007
I can't understant it - this chapter wasn't particularly sad, but I teared up throughout. Maybe it was because of Severus' sense of crused hope - again. On well. Whatever the reason, I really liked the chapter. I especially liked Dr. Ingham's visit with Sev. I do hope someone will teach Sev Braille, both how to read it and how to type it - perhaps someone will also provide him with a Braille-writer.? ... I do hope so.

I knew at that last knock on the door that it would be Minerva, and was very happy to discover I was right. I am quite looking forward to reading about her visit, and I do hope we see more of Harry.

Looking forward to more, please.

Thank you.
Barb8 chapter 10 . 10/14/2007
So happy and sad at the same time. Poor Severus never to see again but hopefully he now understands there are others like him and other willing to help him.
226 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »