Reviews for A Matter of Will
Mikee chapter 16 . 5/16/2008
I liked Hermione arriving 'just in time' and taking care of that nasty Ravenclaw.

Oh ... poor Sev. Is it that he suddenly has something evil in him that's preventing him from getting a new wand? Is that a by-product of the 'attack?'

I'm glad Harry accepted. I do so hope he'll be able to help Sevvie.

Looking forward to more.
lidiladilom chapter 16 . 5/16/2008
Waoo!

Chrystal clear!

When can we see the next chapter? (not-so-subtle hint...)

Dipi chapter 16 . 5/16/2008
i wonder what hermione wants to ask and what this new development is

seems like finally harry and hermione are together again

i forgot hermione is tranfiguration teacher, right?
Silverthreads chapter 16 . 5/16/2008
fascinating
whitehound chapter 16 . 5/16/2008
Very good chapter. It sounds like he's not really helpless or without magic, though - he could do wandless magic if he can learn how to control it.

The slightly odd English which comes from not being a native speaker doesn't normally interfere with the clarity of the story, but in this case you've got one oddity which needs to be corrected. You refer to Minerva crossing her fingers. I'm not quite sure what you mean, but I'm pretty sure you don't mean what this phrase means in English.

To "cross your fingers", in English, is a very specific action where the middle finger is folded sideways across the first finger of the same hand. It's a sort of spell, a magic sign, which has two meanings. One is for luck; the other is that if a person crosses their fingers whilst making a promise, that promise is false. Neither of these fits Minerva's situation here, so you must have meant something else...

Perhaps you mean she laced her fingers (that is, interlinked the fingers of her two hands) or steepled them (interlinked them so that the index fingers form a point)? Or laid one hand over the other?
Marna Christianna chapter 15 . 5/4/2008
Really enjoying this story. Hope you update soon.
duj chapter 15 . 4/22/2008
They really should have suspected that students who'd seen their families die or disappear into Azkaban might be bearng grudges, no matter how well they play-acted.
Jibbzy chapter 15 . 4/20/2008
Hello!

This story is absolutely amazing. I know that you are Italian, but the English in this is perfect! Please please please, update very quickly, because it's so very well written!

Well done!

Jibbzy
misundersnape chapter 15 . 4/19/2008
Wow, awesome chapter... So the Dark Lord lives on in some form... wow! And finally Severus reaches for Harry. I hope the new relationship can last beyond this time.

Looking forward to more to see just how Severus and Harry react together...

No baby yet... due on Tuesday. I'm totally fed up with being so uncomfortable :( Hope I'll have some news for you soon... with a name to top it off ;)

Later... misundersnape...
whitehound chapter 15 . 4/19/2008
Hmm. What is there to say that this image of Tom wasn't just a Boggart?
Silverthreads chapter 15 . 4/18/2008
This chapter is completely entrhalling!
DementedLeaf chapter 15 . 4/18/2008
I've only just come across this story - well, I've had enough time to read it, anyway.

I like it, so far. Your English is remarkably good, definitely better than that of most native speakers. Yeah, even in your author's notes :-P

One thing, though... I've noticed that you use "beautiful" in thoroughly odd ways. Things like, oh, what example should I use? "It's beautiful to see you again" - it's odd, and not something I've ever heard here. In most of the places you've used it, "wonderful" would be a more plausible word.

Also, I like the way your story makes me think about language.. you use words that I don't see very often, and it makes me solidify my understanding of my language. :)

Keep it up, and I'll carry on reviewing.
wynnleaf chapter 15 . 4/18/2008
Well, that was quite interesting! I liked the way Snape made sure he connected with Harry in order to communicate what had happened.
Mikee chapter 15 . 4/18/2008
I was glad Minerva called Severus a 'secret agent' instead of 'spy.' That was a very good choice since 'spy' often tends to have a negative connotation. Well done, indeed. I also liked that Harry was the first to rise and applaude Severus. That everyone followed his lead was also very good.

Well, those Slyterins were a surprise. I do hope Voldie isn't truly going to return and that what Sev heard was due to some sort of spell cast by the Slytherin boys.

I hope, too, that the aurors will be able to reverse the obliviate from the Slytherin boys. Someone needs to be able to find out just what they are planning. Then they need to be locked up for good, kissed, or thrown beyond the veil.! How dare they hurt Sev.!

I liked that Sev reached out for Harry and shared what he heard. I hope Harry can help Sev - and if Voldie truly isn't gone, that he can banish him for good.

Looking forward to seeing what you do next.

Thank you.
Dipi chapter 15 . 4/18/2008
no! i dont want voldemort back... no no no

nice chapter... seems like we will get more of harry as well
253 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »