Reviews for A Matter of Will
Barb8 chapter 5 . 7/7/2007
So sad, I can understand most of what Severus must be going through and feeling but I hope he realizes soon that people do care and want to help him.
misundersnape chapter 5 . 7/7/2007
And finally Harry is grateful to Severus for all he has risked and all he has sacrificed. Lucky he seems to be a kind and understanding young man, he's going to need the patience to deal with a bitter and hurting Severus. I'm glad he got a pension, at least he won't have his financial worries hanging over his head whilst he travels his road to emotional and physical recovery.

As usual, excellent work!
wynnleaf chapter 4 . 7/2/2007
Very moving chapter. Being of a practical nature, I can't help but start thinking about getting Snape around and about in some way and getting him the tools he needs to start learning some independence. I hope that happens soon.

Poppy is wonderful.

Your story reminds me of a professor I had in college who strongly influenced my future husband. He was a very Snapish sort of man - a single professor, black haired with dark eyes, rather given to drama, highly intimidating - who became a paraplegic after a car accident. I knew him 10 years after the event, but he *never, ever* gave up his hope to walk again. In fact, he didn't approach it as a "hope," but as a certainty and he worked toward that end until his death. He had become far more independent than practically any person I've known who experienced that particular disability. And he remained highly intimidating, commanding, sarcastic, and fiercely independent until his sudden and untimely death.
wynnleaf chapter 2 . 7/2/2007
I'm very impressed with how well you convey the frustration, fear, dread, even terror of finding oneself so suddenly and drastically handicapped. And you put all of this on Snape, who has already been going through such extreme isolation by being deeply under cover among the Death Eaters. A very terrible circumstance for him to bear. Very well written.

Excellent work in a language not your own.
duj chapter 4 . 7/1/2007
A traumatic chapter. Learning to cope with permanent disability is even harder for the untrusting and friendless.
Barb8 chapter 4 . 7/1/2007
Loving all the Severus angst.
misundersnape chapter 4 . 7/1/2007
Unimaginable predicament when you are blessed with sight... it's interesting and heartbreaking to contemplate - especially for a man such as Severus Snape, where the consequences seem ten fold.

Great job - more please!
whitehound chapter 4 . 7/1/2007
Extremely well-written and evocative chapter - I think your aunt would eb impressed.

From a purely practical point of view, somebody needs to introduce Severus to the concepts of Braille, the audio-book and a dicta-quill adjusted to suit his particular style.
Barb8 chapter 3 . 6/30/2007
Wiw this is so sad.
misundersnape chapter 3 . 6/30/2007
Gasp... spectacular! It's so unfair - but hopefully he can eventually gain some good from his torturous experiences. When are they going to do something about his physical pain - isn't suffering everything else enough? *sob*
CoyoteWolf chapter 3 . 6/30/2007
Yup. All of that seems exactly like old Voldemort.
misundersnape chapter 2 . 6/24/2007
OH my God, this is so much worse than I ever imagined. Thanks for your warning, but I'm wondering at this stage whether he would have been better off dead. I'm actually sobbing myself.

Brilliant work. And about my first review - I wasn't sure if this was merely a one-shot and you'd forgotten to mention. I take it, that there is at least some hope for my Severus... Dear, dear Poppy, work your magic - please!

Sensational writing!
CoyoteWolf chapter 2 . 6/24/2007
*really sad* Poor Severus. At least they don't think him a guilty bastard though...
Iva1201 chapter 2 . 6/24/2007
Until now a really nicely written fic (-: - I hope to see more of it. (-: Poppy became somehow one of my favourite characters - good to see her having a bigger role here. Well, at least I hope she will have it also in the future. On the other hand, I rather hope you won't turn this into a romance between that young girl and Snape - not my cup of tea, sadly. Good job.
whitehound chapter 2 . 6/24/2007
Sad and very well-written, considering you're working in a foreign language. But the statement that Snape had always perfectly controlled his emotions before this is bizarre. We see him *trying* to, in the books, but it doesn't work.

Child Snape sits in the corner and weeps. Teenage Snape snarls and swears and rants and lashes out, and has a nickname which means "crybaby". Adult Snape flushes and blenches and shakes and snarls, he throws things, he falls into outright hysteria in the Shrieking Shack - apart from Hagrid, and Trelawney when drunk, he's probably the most emotionally open among all the staff.
227 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 12 13 14 15 16 Next »