Reviews for A Matter of Will
duj chapter 24 . 6/22/2013
"What happened that made all those people change their opinions?" Perhaps it's that they're finally looking past the green and silver tie. But more likely it's pity, pity and gratitude - and I don't know which he'd hate more.
duj chapter 23 . 6/16/2013
He had reason to be bitter, but the face one turns to the world becomes the face the world turns back on the giver.
deep85 chapter 23 . 6/15/2013
The story is as usual great. the pain is all too real when you describe it in your artistic way.
Amazing read as usual.
Lordban chapter 22 . 5/17/2013
I'll try and comment again when I have time, but for now... You are followed. By a very bad person.
Kerubim chapter 22 . 12/29/2012
Harry's getting way too powerful for me, but again, that's the only problem with the story.

This story is brilliant. Keep going!
Kerubim chapter 7 . 12/29/2012
Holy shit you updated!

The only possible flaw I can find with this fic is that Harry is too powerful. But that's it.
bookivore chapter 22 . 10/23/2012
Good to see more of this story.
I guess that the camera is too heavy to wear on a headpiece? Not terribly important, but these days we're used to head-mounted cameras in certain situations.
I find it amusing that he is missing being able to tell visually if fruit is ripe, because often enough I check by sniffing at fruit, so often the color is misleading.
Gladoo89 chapter 22 . 9/20/2012
I don't see what's wrong with the last lines :) It's a great chapter, I'm so glad for Severus! And I don't know why, but I expect Harry to be the anonymous benefactor O_o
duj chapter 22 . 9/18/2012
I'd have thought the best solution was to put the camera on a sort of headband or helmet to keep it placed in the middle of his forehead.
Dipi chapter 22 . 9/16/2012
That was a great chapter. And inner workings of Severus' mind are as fascinating as ever. Severus has gotten hope and a miracle. Let's hope Hermione, Ron and Lupin get it too. Or perhaps only Ron and Lupin might get it.
OhShirleyUJest chapter 22 . 9/16/2012
Sweet! Well, not really, but you know what I mean...

It's good to have you back on this one! Especially when tou just added such an awesome chapter, too! I'm lloking forward to the continuation very, very much...
Gladoo89 chapter 21 . 8/26/2012
Sorry I took so long to read and review this chapter!
Poor Severus, his hope of seeing again is understandable even if it would be way too dangerous to use the wand...
OhShirleyUJest chapter 21 . 8/23/2012
Well, I've finally caught up! I find it kind of nice... Not that I wouldn't greatly enjoy being suddenly behind again! - Which, just to be absolutely clear is a completely unsubtle plea for future updates. As I said, completely unsubtle. However, I'll gladly wait longer for amazing updates than five goofy 'just get this over with' quickies.

I'd like to express my sincere appreciation for your writing, while I can. You often remind us that you are Italian, so English isn't your native language. Yet, you write with such good diction, exceptional word choice, and such clever manipulations of sentence structure and grammatical constructs... Sure, some of the consistent good grammar might be due to supremely awesome betas, but the overarching flow and the turns of phrase? You are a word genius. Word-smith, if you prefer.

You put many of us whose primary (or only) language is English to shame.

I'm just going to gush a little bit more, I promise. The wonderfully smooth and thoughtful writing style aside, you also have a delightfully twisty flair for creating believable, but unexpected, plot twists. This fic in particular has lovely amounts of character development, mixed with just enough plotty goodness to make life interesting.

Thanks so much for spreading quite a bit of awesomeness by sharing your great gift for tale-weaving. It was an incredible ride, and I'm looking forward to your next updates!

To sum: you awesome, me impressed. Update soon-ish?
OhShirleyUJest chapter 11 . 8/23/2012
Ah, the beloved game of tenses. Your friend was mostly right; usually, we stick with past, and only past, tense. But, rules (especially those that govern the English language) were made to be broken. Tony Morrison, Faulkner, and heaps of other writers of 'literary merit' got to get away with tense mayhem at various times... So, why not you?

Just be as diabolically clever - and as careful - in the execution of tense slaughter as you were in this chapter. We'll survive, and maybe even enjoy the experience!
Silverthreads chapter 21 . 8/7/2012