Reviews for Of Whitehats, Redshirts and Yellowbellies
thewiggins chapter 1 . 2/27
You show truly impressive restraint here, leaving in only the details that the story needs. And those details that you leave in are simple but very evocative. I read this story a while back but it stuck with me, probably better than some of the longer ones I read at about the same time. You portrayed Jesse's survival guilt really well, the way he goes to the Whitehat meeting but doesn't have the heart to continue, the way he stands outside of the Bronze until right at sunset, tempting fate... And then how Xander and Willow torment him until he just gives up. Good stuff.
Insane Troll Logic chapter 1 . 7/25/2007
Brilliant, fantastic use of BtVS's most underutilized character. I love the idea that in the Wishverse, it was Jesse who survived while the others didn't. I also like that you didn't have him as an active participant in the fighting, but the silent observer. Very compelling.
MiniShrink chapter 1 . 6/26/2007
Interesting play with the title. Masterful how you manage to say so much in so few words too. I've always felt that Jesse was treated unfairly as a character, but then, it also shows the danger of the Buffyverse - you can literally die ANYTIME... but they still should've done something with him. Apparently Eric Balfour couldn't fit filming for Conversations With Dead People into his schedule, which just sucks. COuld've been the best episode, but loads of people didn't have time to appear in it. -pause- Hm. Inadvertent challenge for you there. Halfrek, Jesse, Tara's mother, Miss Calendar etc.
FanFictionFantom chapter 1 . 6/23/2007
:O Yikes. It took me a while to remember who Jesse was...this was really good.
fligurl chapter 1 . 6/23/2007
that was awesome!
Howard Russell chapter 1 . 6/23/2007
Damn, that's depressing. Powerful, but depressing.