Reviews for Occlumency
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 8/10/2013
Very well written.
ClosedErin chapter 1 . 8/1/2010
Despite all the other fandom out there, this is probably as close to Canon as you're going to get. This is brilliant
lundigurrl chapter 1 . 7/19/2009
your story was really good. it was an interesting, different take of things. bit of a spin off from usual but insightful. i found it refreshing how much detail you put in!
Angelfirenze chapter 1 . 8/7/2007
*sighs* Severus is just as bad as James, in this case. But you know that, of course, or you wouldn't have written this fantastic little gem. Bravo.
Omorocco chapter 1 . 7/18/2007
A brilliant look into Severus' head.

Totally loved it!
wynnleaf chapter 1 . 7/14/2007
I liked this piece and thought you did well conveying Snape's progression of feelings and thoughts about Harry. There were some little things I disagree with, as regards interpretation of canon, but on the whole this was a very effective one-shot.
cylobaby chapter 1 . 7/14/2007
Aw. Makes me feel bad for Snape
Bluebird88 chapter 1 . 7/8/2007
An interesting take on Snape's perspective. You do a good job of making readers feel some degree of sympathy for him, and yet making it painfully obvious how he attempts to justify and explain away his behavior towards Harry.

I especially like the reference to the Occlumency speech - An interesting idea, and very well done.
Jan-AQ chapter 1 . 6/26/2007
Great job! Fantasticly done. I loved Snape's thoughts, and all the events from first year to the last. A great story to read before the 7th book comes out. Thank you for sharing it!
Ashley luvs Snape chapter 1 . 6/26/2007
great story
Iva1201 chapter 1 . 6/24/2007
Nicely done. (-: I liked this line the most, for whatever reason. (-:

"To even his shock, Dumbledore had awarded him the Defense against the Dark Arts post. "
misundersnape chapter 1 . 6/23/2007
Excellent - all I thought about Severus and more...
duj chapter 1 . 6/23/2007
Interesting piece. Holds up well despite some canon errors, eg the "weak new teacher" (whom I presume is meant to be Quirrell) was not a new teacher but a returning one.
whitehound chapter 1 . 6/23/2007
I'm sure it's right that when Harry cut Draco, Snape thought Harry was doing what Sirius did. Harry didn't tell him Draco was trying to Crucio him at the time, and you can bet Draco didn't tell him either.

There's no canon evidence that the Marauders were anybody except Hagrid's favourites, though. Albus speaks moderately well of James, in that he says James wouldn't have killed an unarmed prisoner who was grovelling for mercy at his feet, but he doesn't seem much affected by his death. He tells Harry in the very first book that James was to Severus as Draco is to Harry. And he thought so little of Sirius that he cut him out of any influence over Harry's future, both before and after his stay in Azkaban, he accepted his guilt and never seems to have doubted it until he heard about Peter, and he could hardly find a good word to say about the man even when he was not yet an hour dead.

As for Minerva, all she has to say about James and Sirius is that they were academically bright but dreadful troublemakers and the ringleaders of a gang.