Reviews for Animal
GoodyGleeb chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
Oh, wonderful! It's so refreshing to find a story which is both interesting AND well-written. These stories are surprisingly hard to come by these days.

Keep up the fabulous work, friend! I intend to read all your stuff!
mendenbar chapter 1 . 7/3/2009
Phenomenal.
bb-4ever chapter 1 . 7/11/2007
wow omg what a tough piece to write all that torture, well done booth for holding on through that and then to find the stength to kill him. well done you. so glad he shared his nitemares with bones she won't judge him.
amobd chapter 1 . 7/8/2007
Wow... I never expected this !

It felt like torture to read but you brought the kind of images to my mind that one cannot look away from... totally captivating!

I don't think this was at all easy to write as it is not easy to read but i am very very proud of you for being brave enough to explore the depths of human misery, power, instinct and rage.

And we know this happens in real life and no matter how peaceful one is being reminded of what is out there and the beast that is very much alive in many you just want justice done.

I am glad you gave us from the beginning a sense of what the conclusion would be ...only this made the images bearable. And at the end it was as if i felt my own weight, my own thoughts pushing down that wood on the beast's throat!

I don't know the song that inspired this but i do remember a dark look in those eyes that can perfectly suggest images like that.

And thanks for the soft and tender note at the end... bringing Bones into the picture was a soothing surprise because it somehow compensated a bit for the utmost loneliness he had to endure in that most horrific moment.

Very , very very well done!
avevale chapter 1 . 7/8/2007
Wow, this must’ve been releasing to write! Like you said, this is a perfect first-fic. I loved the details, especially in the beginning. I think it was necessary to write that part very thoroughly because the reader has to understand why Booth would do such a thing. It’s also very helpful to visualize what must have been going on. My point of view; you did a wonderful job doing exactly that. It definitely a different genre, but boy, it sure does suit you. I'd like to see more of that :-)
Musik34 chapter 1 . 7/2/2007
I'm glad to see you didn't break this up with "Animal I Have Become" lyrics, the story was very powerful on it's own. All in all, this makes me want the writers to go back into Booth's past. Descriptions were incredible, and the ending tied past and present togehter well. My fav. line?

"Booth patiently waited until the man had raised himself up on his arms before lifting his weapon high above his head and bringing it down again, putting all the misery he had gone through in the primitive cry he uttered. The Beast's skull was smashed to pieces with his own implement of torture, thereby ending his life and Booth's nightmare."

Talk about poetic justice.

The only thing I'd suggest would be to combine some of the shorter paragraphs.
I hart Booth chapter 1 . 6/25/2007
Wow. Yeah, different, I'd say. That was...I could definitly hear the song in my head as i read it. Wow, description was amazing, the whole time I wanted it to end, you know the torture and all, and yet I couldn't stop reading. Truly amazing Niah. You're...you're...well, i'm at a loss for a word that does you justice. When I get it, I'll let you know. ;P

Hart
fanofbones chapter 1 . 6/25/2007
Wow lacey, that was dark, deep, depressing, and sad. You did a great job girl. It was intense and took me until the end to realize not only was I holding my breathe, my whole body was feeling every blow Booth took and had me whenching for the end. So much for going to bed after that!

Great job as always. It was excellent.

Final note: A hehe, he shared it with Bren...
kmmp99 chapter 1 . 6/25/2007
Wow! Very intense fic Niah! Definitely different from your others but d mn girl you rocked this one! Great job!
conspiracy bug girl chapter 1 . 6/24/2007
holy sh*t that is one good little piece. you must continue
squint-squad chapter 1 . 6/24/2007
That imagery is burning in MY mind. Fantastic work.
btvsfifi chapter 1 . 6/24/2007
That was VERY well written well done!

Fiona
Northedebatedemond chapter 1 . 6/24/2007
i AM SO happy I added you to author alerts this isn't my usual cup of tea but I loved it! It was writen amazingly well and had a nice little bit of BBness at the end I loved it really I did!
Sarcastic102391 chapter 1 . 6/24/2007
oh my god that was so scary i but i think you could add a little more sympathy from bones and a hospital stay to if you want to add another chapter it was very good though
Amasayda chapter 1 . 6/24/2007
OMG! You didn't tell me you were going to post a one shot. Did you? Wow ... I'm lacking words right now. I really don'T know what to say - this is so different from "flumour" and all, I'm stunned ... but I knew you had so much in you. Your potential is huge! :) This fic was intense, pretty intense! But perfect. Very, very good. I'm still speechless, although I'm rambling here! :) Great job, great job.