Reviews for A Long Road towards Recovery
Sharlot chapter 24 . 5/16/2013
Such a sweet, moving story. I'm so, SO glad Dean was feeling better at the end. I'm sure he was driving the Impala at his 3-month check-up! Thanks so much. I enjoyed this.
FORGEDprincess chapter 24 . 1/7/2012
Thanks for this, it's really well written. I haven't reviewed yet, but I loved every chapter! Also, 'Jordan' is a great character, and I love the way you gradually worked in a bit of his back story. Thanks again for the great read!
Char-chan chapter 24 . 12/23/2011
that was an AMAZING story! I just spent the past couple nights staying up late reading this and.. UUNG! so many emotions! poor poor Dean D: very nicely done! I'm such a sucker for hurt!Dean and a caring Sam. great job ;)
MyGuiltiestPleasure chapter 24 . 11/21/2011
I truly enjoyed reading this brilliantly written story! Reading it was so smooth and flowing and felt comfortable. The character voices were perfect and reflected the Sam and Dean I love. Even through the changes Dean had been forced to endure the character was true to cannon. Sam and Deans relationship was beautifully depicted as strong, loving, and unconditional. Sam's pain was so well written that I found myself emotionally connected to his character. It is very difficult living with, and trying to help a loved one who has fallen severely ill and is having difficulty dealing with being incapacitated. the loss of a comfortable dynamic between you can cause identity struggles that are very painful to experience. My mom who took care of everything and was the pillar of my world became severely ill and our roles began to shift. She needed me like I always needed her. I had be strong for her and take over most of her responsibilities. The two things that help the most were my faith in God, and the fact that my mother had given me an excellent example of what being a responsible, caring and loving adult should be. Her example helped me care for her and be there for her. Our relationship had struggles just like those you discussed. It was like someone had died and we both were morning her loss. We both went through the stages of grieving and came out the other end stronger, and wiser. Your story made me remember my mom who I loved with all my heart. She passed away in 2005 but I feel like she never left. My 9 year old daughter and I remember her everyday. She was a strong, loving and spiritual woman who gave of herself daily. Thank you for this story and the memories it brought back for me.

Here's a plot bunny: What if Mary is the surviving parent and even though she never wanted to bring her boys up as hunters does it anyway because she knows why John died. Basically the demon deal was that she would allow him to pay her a visit and not interfere, but Mary had been investigating and planning on stopping the YED the whole time. She knew the day was getting closer and the birth of Sammy had been a precurser she had found in her investigation to the return of the YED. Something was going to happen to her kid and the YED would then kill her. Mary sat a trap that backfired and only enraged the YED, so he took his revenge by killing John in front of his family. Mary at the moment of John's death made a vow to hunt the YED down, and stop it before it could take her son and bring about the end of the world.

Okay let me know if you use my plot bunny. It would be an honor to have a gifted writer like you use my idea and bring it to life:-D
Kit turned Mighty chapter 24 . 11/8/2011
OMO that was LOVELY! I would have reviewed each chapter if I had stopped between each... But I read this nonstop! Lost sleep over it even! I would be more sad by hurt!Dean if you hadn't done such a good job of convincing the reader to want Dean to get way better! Gaah! Great job! Amazing story! One qualm I've noticed, maybe it's different wherever you are, but you've spelled "practise" consistently; I know it to be "practice." That was so minor, however, that it didn't hinder the reading at all! (I would let you know,because sometimes frequent things like this bother me increasingly until I have to stop reading.)
Brightshadow-chi chapter 24 . 4/12/2011
great job on this story, liked it ;)
Lathena Mercion chapter 24 . 11/5/2010
Awesome story
onanickle chapter 24 . 8/20/2010
I just love this story! I've read it all the way through several times, and it just gets better with every read. Thank you for wiritng it.
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 24 . 8/17/2010
Well that was cool

I think that story was good because that show us to have hope, to believe that people can get better, that if you try you can really make a difference.

Really good

See you around

Rosetta
Cynnnie chapter 24 . 7/9/2010
I'm telling you, you write the best stories! This one was great.

I hope to see a sequel. I want to know how Dean is doing in 3months, 6 months, a year. Will he ever be able to hunt again? Doesn't sound like it, but what will he do to earn a living as well as help save lives...even if it's only researching or using the knowledge he has built up over a life time of hunting.
lace and silk chapter 24 . 2/24/2010
brilliant story, i read it all in one go and i absolutely love the ending! great work!
Death-Muncher chapter 24 . 10/21/2009
This is a realy interesting story. Different perspective then I usually see in fics.

Good job. :)
masondixon chapter 24 . 7/5/2009
Just ran across this story today and I read it all throughout the day. I really enjoyed it. I had found another story a day or so back that also dealt with Dean overcoming a crippling injury and at the end of that one ( a very well-written story too) Dean died. So I was hesitant to dive into this one but I am very glad I did. This story was very well-written and it really covered so much ground. How different Dean is at the end of the story from how he was at the very beginning. It was a long journey but I got to travel alongside him throughout it and it was very rewarding and satisfying to see how far he came. You did a great job with the characterizations of both Sam and Dean and your two original characters- Jordan and Dr. Barker- were both very well-written and they interacted naturally with the boys. Another thing that was so enjoyable about this story was that there was no "supernatural" essence within it; no hunt, no mytery. Just Dean's struggle to overcome the limitations brutally set upon him and Sam's determintation to get him all the help he needed. A very thorough story and very enjoyable. Glad I "found" it and glad you wrote it. Thank You.
babyreaper chapter 24 . 12/10/2008
Hi, I've just finished your story and thought it was absolutely brilliant, I'm a Dean fan and love reading stories centered on and around him and this was great. Glad to see though that you managed to fix him nearly all the way back to being perfect. Thanks again for writing it. 10/10
finajk chapter 24 . 11/22/2008
wow that was a whole lot of hurt!Dean to make me blubber at times. I think you did an excelent job with your research on the medical aspects. Thanks very much for posting