Reviews for At the Edge of Oblivion
Clan Dragoodle chapter 1 . 10/3/2007
Hey,

I never reviewed this but I've been a fan for a long time. Better late then never I suppose.

First off I nominated this fic in a fourm called the Genesis Awards and if oyu want a link to that fourm just ask and I'll give it. But I but it up because I loved it that much.

Most slash fic bend characters to achieve the pairing but I love how to true this one stays and how real the dialogue is. Speakng is constantly butchered here and it's nice to see a small light of hope somewhere in the world. There's not much else I can say but know that I very much appreciate you writing this, it sets base for insperation and your style is very formal and classic.

Thank you.

Clan Dragoon
harrypotterperson chapter 1 . 7/22/2007
hey, aren't those vienna teng lyrics? she's good
mon chapter 1 . 7/13/2007
A nice snippet of their travelling. I like the little details like food and room and the cold. The way Yuffie related to Tifa is sweet, as is how they had gotten closer. A warm, comforting piece :-)
small fish chapter 1 . 7/11/2007
what a great story but it not really yuri what you really need if a few more chapter where thay get closer you know what I mean
chibichoco chapter 1 . 6/27/2007
Hehe... That was sweet. I liked it. Yup! So if you write with this pair again, message me so that I can read and review it. I really do like reading sweet things. Yeah XD
Overedge chapter 1 . 6/25/2007
Aww, that was actually really sweet. It's nice to find a female romance story that isn't all "z0mg boobiez sex yay!" Not that I, uh, read those. *cough*

Cocky Vincent cracked me up, I must say. And that Shinra chant of Cid's...did you make that up? I got weird stares from people here at work because I was singing it out loud like a sea shanty. Classic.

Also, I love how Cloud is once again the emotional bad guy. Sorry for you non-haters, but I just don't like Cloud. Never have.

Like I said, this is quite the sweet little oneshot. One of those stories that makes you smile at the slight sappiness. I like those.

I look forward to your next stories!
The Tiramisu Of Impending Doom chapter 1 . 6/24/2007
I'm gonna freakin' kill something if I have to look at another one of those eBay ads. Bitches. Anyway.

Well, you know I don't read many yuri or yaoi fics, but I did enjoy this one. I wanna watch The Breakfast Club now though, with Cid shouting into the night.

Tifa's strong, for sure, and tears don't make her weak, but it sure is refreshing to see her breakdown from time to time. Even though it's easier to picture Yuffie crying.

Oh. And Vincent's a badass. You know how I feel about badasses.

If I read this one way it doesn't feel like yuri exactly. Just very sweet, and I like the interaction between the four of them.
Cendri chapter 1 . 6/24/2007
This stands out from a lot of hurt/comforts because of the peripherals. I admit that Yuffie going "Shut up!" at Vin was ten shades of adorable and very in character for a sixteen year old.

But I like the setting, atmosphere, and most of all, Cid's singing. Oh Cid.

Cendri
Bleuwyn chapter 1 . 6/24/2007
I don't like yuri much (sheesh, I don't enjoy yaoi and now I don't like yuri. Am I a bigot or what?) but this story was very sweet.

And even if I still don't like Yuffie at all, I think you portrayed her very well. I'll always think of her as a little childish and her saying "Let's play a game" lived up to my expectations. Given her age, Yuffie doesn't have much tact and I could see her yelling at Tifa to get her act together.

And oh god, I have to say I cringed when Cid was spouting out those cadences. Especially since I remember running while having to sing some of them. Thank goodness you didn't use the C-130 one. I'd probably have to shoot you.

Anyway, nicely done.
Tijuana Pirate chapter 1 . 6/24/2007
Hey Dark,

I really enjoyed this story! I think it was quite cute. I'm not so much a yuri fan myself, personally, but I did enjoy this one. I had several favourite parts but one was definitely the lingering touch Yuffie placed on Tifa's hair before snatching her hand away again. That really was quite cute.

I liked the way you wrote Yuffie in this. 'Let's play a game' sounds exactly like something she'd say. I liked the way you flipped this around: Tifa normally -is- the strong one and so you'd expect Yuffie to be the one to break down. After all, she's only sixteen in game. It's to be expected. But somehow she ended up being the one who looked after Tifa. It was a nice change.

Your Tifa seems very human in these stories. What you were writing about could've been very over-the-top and dramatic but you straddled that line very nicely. She was just -upset-; she's allowed. All in all, it was nice.

I was continually wondering what the fuck Cid was on during this entire story ... I imagine it's a bad case of cabin fever. XD I -adored- Vincent to pieces! I confess that I squeed a bit when he shot that rabbit. Since most of the story is pretty soft, adding that tonal bit where you hear that shot - it was refreshing. XD

I also loved how he just -knew- when he looked at the room and talked to Yuffie. It really was perfect. I also sort of adored Cid and him together. Vincent was so clearly annoyed! I've never ever ever been a shipper (at all; um, ew) buut, putting those two together -does- make for some fun story dynamics. They're fun to bounce off of each other.

I loved the ending and Yuffie's logic. 8 vs. 1 seems like something she'd think. I invite those girls to many more long nights together, as friends or something else. ;)

-T. pirate
Shinra Rose chapter 1 . 6/23/2007
Aaw, so sweet. Almost a shame that its a one-shot. :-)
Sputin chapter 1 . 6/23/2007
I love the way Tifa and Yuffie are characterised. It's just like OMFG, I've never thought of them like that. Cid, I think, was a little... not himself. But all in fun, eh? And Vincent was in the mood to put a pullet through Cids skull, I can tell. :P

Seriously, though, GREAT job with Tifa. This is a great way to read about her in a more vulnerable state, instead of always being stoic and LIFE GOES ON ME BEAT UP MONSTERS LULZ.

I can see (in the part of my mind that's all wishful thinking) several sequels with kissing and groping and orgasms. {nodsnods} {hinthint} {please} {it'll make me happy} {you know you wanna} {come on}