Reviews for Plummet
Icicle Streams chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
Nice suspense. I didn't read which character this was about until I finished reading, and the suspense was great. The dialogue and actions were reminiscent of Kenshin (I haven't read the manga, so I don't know what Kenji is like) Very interesting idea too. I'm curious about the crimes, but it's all part of the suspense of this short story, eh?
AlterEgoSadist chapter 1 . 9/18/2010
Nicely done. I loved the calm, casual tone, and the dialogue, morbid thought it was, offered minute details of Kenji's crime (Did he kill his father? If so, why?). The suspense was gut-clenching and heart-rending, and in the end, one cannot help but be surprised at who was sentenced to death. Great work.
Golden Mean chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
I have read this story about four times since I found it a year ago. It's about time I reviewed it.

First: I like it. I like the imagery of the swallows and the emotions of the piece. It's succinct, but it conveys a larger story beyond this (very nice) interaction.

I also loved this line, macabre humor though it was: "Yes. We didn't import that part, though."

Second: What did Kenji DO? Snap and kill a lot of people? It's been bugging me...I'd really like to find out.
HeadingNorth chapter 1 . 1/23/2008
O.O NO! MY KENJI CAN'T BE DEAD! NO!

*sniffle* Well, I'll favorite it. I hate to admit it, but it really is a good story... *weep* I'll read it when I get too happy... - lol
BAFling chapter 1 . 9/2/2007
No! You're horrible! Oh, well...beautifully done. Too dang beautifully if you ask me! I'll smart from being depressed over it for a while! T-T
Suttee chapter 1 . 7/8/2007
Who's the hangman? The suspense is killing me!

Wonderful start to a tale (that is, if you're planning on writing a longer one)!

Poor Kenji!
gure chapter 1 . 6/28/2007
That was chilling. The imagery is so vivid. The sense of quietness, sadness, tension is so well done, and I love the interaction between Kenji and Saitou. And with the way Watsuki describes Kenji, this scenario seems plausible, unfortunately. Nicely done!
LadyRhiyana chapter 1 . 6/25/2007
...Where on earth did this come from?

I love it. I've got so many fascinated questions, but the one that really stands out is: how did the hangman know Kenshin?

Thanks very much! This is a lovely, self-contained snapshot of a scene, right at the end of an unknown story.
Sarahfreak chapter 1 . 6/24/2007
Holly crap! Way to get people to sit on the edge of their seats...i was practically holdong my breath the whole time and when you wrote the name of the condemned man all I could think was what, why, when, how? You have the bones of a great story here...I'd love to see how this story unfolds when it's started off so well...
janey-in-a-bottle chapter 1 . 6/24/2007
Oh!

All through the story I was wondering what on earth a red-headed swordsman could have done to warrant a death sentence (since, honestly, I totally forgot that there's not only Kenshin who fits the description). And then came the last 3 words...

Now, more than before, I wonder about the reasons. What has he done?

Could this be inspired by something from the anime storyline (because I heard that Kenji was a DIFFICULT guy there)? I've never watched the anime up to there because of the way it ends. It's the manga ending that is the only true one for me. For that reason I wouldn't know if the anime provided the potential of Kenji going berserk that much.

I do hope though that what he has done was worth it in the end. After all, with him probably just died the last Himura.

Very well written. Short, to the point and still carrying so much emotion.

Keep up the good work.
Michika-chan chapter 1 . 6/24/2007
I don't know how to start, but I start with saying that this piece of text managed to speed up my pulse faster that my morningjogg... this one is great and so much hidden feeling behind every word.

Excellent one short.. truly!
SpaceRoses chapter 1 . 6/23/2007
Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! What did Kenjii get himself into? And how was the hangman connected to Kenshin? And why was Kenjii being hung? -sigh- Questions I'll have to let my imagination answer I guess. Awesome one-shot, truely incredible. One-shots are often the hardest to write because you are trying to tell a whole story in a short amount of time and you handled the challenge wonderfully! At first I thought it was Kenshin being hung! Great, great job! I give you five stars, a thumbs up and a lot of cookies!
sueb262 chapter 1 . 6/23/2007
Wow, what a vivid, tightly-focused moment. The details bring right into the scene, right up on the platform with the two of them, distancing the crowd.

I get the feeling this is a side-piece to a story I haven't read, but that may not be important, if its effect on me is any indication. I'm awed at Himura Kenji's composure in the face of this horrific death, and moved by the hangman's implied connection to him (and to Kenshin!).

The swallow was heartbreaking.