Reviews for Into the Ether
zaubernuss chapter 11 . 11/5
Wow - that was a very stunning story idea! I loved it! You really have Snapes character pinned down nicely - at least, he's exactly as I see him.

A few words to those funny magic tricks, since you mentioned them. I don't believe humans can truly transform themselves into inanimate objects to 'jump time'. Otherwise, that would be a neat trick to defeat death at many opportunities. Slughorn, when he transfigured himself into that armchair, must have remained a conscious wizard despite his altered form - otherwise there would be no turning himself back, and where would that have left him? I suppose that, were he to stay an armchair for ten years and only then be transfigured back, that he would have aged by ten years. After all, an armchair ages, too, just not as visibly as a human. Besides, if transfiguration into an object was that simple, Death Eaters could easily have invaded Hogwarts at any given point, simple by transfiguring themselves into books or pieces of clothing.

But Hermione's idea about the Basilisk might have worked. We don't know whether she aged during these three months spent in petrification. I think it would be more logical if she did, but then, I like your story idea about giving her a chance to get back into her timeline, so I think that is not too much of a stretch. (A petrified human is a petrified human, after all, not an object).

Anyway - a very nicely written story that might just be canon. I'm glad you saved Severus in the end!
sarCHAEsm chapter 11 . 10/24/2015
A beautiful story which tore at my heartstrings and set me thinking about the complexities of time as a concept. Very likely will re-read this story and perhaps gain more insight. Thank you for writing (:
lena1987 chapter 1 . 9/2/2015
I have to save this for later so I can read it once I've finished writing my own letters centred story, but ohhhhh I am hooked from merely skimming this first chapter. I cannot wait to sink my teeth into this; beautiful so far.
Clarine chapter 11 . 8/29/2015
Votre histoire est magnifique, merci pour ce partage. J'aime votre version de Severus, dont on voit la facette cachée (dans les romans de Rowlings) : pleine d'humanité (tout en étant parfaitement conforme avec le canon).
Je suis admirative devant votre talent. Bonne continuation.
Readerjkr chapter 11 . 7/15/2015
Beautiful story, brilliantly written.
thankstotheauthors chapter 11 . 6/15/2015
Love the plot devices you have come up with to manage a romance across time. The suspension, showing less rather than more, you write into these Snape/Hermione interactions is some if the most romantic fanfiction I've read. The implication of great adventure that Snape has traveling back in time is also mouthwatering...but that would be another fic entirely. Never got into Snape/Hermione until I read your stuff...now I consider it headcanon that rivals exclusive Snape/Lily. Well written, too. Just overall lovely.
jensteed chapter 11 . 7/26/2014
I'm absolutely blown away by the final letter. I don't even know what to say except thank you! It is so well thought out and so, so amazing. It's pure magic x x
jensteed chapter 8 . 7/26/2014
Wow, this was an amazing chapter...well, they all have been but this one really jumped out. I love your idea of the time spelled letters and the last one in place of a confession, it's beautiful. Hermione's thought process through them, the hatred slowly seeping away until she realises it's up to her to halt such an injustice from happening was just perfect.
jensteed chapter 2 . 7/26/2014
The letters are amazing, once again you get inside his head so well. I can't wait to read the rest :)
Bonnie Gaynor chapter 11 . 7/6/2014
Wow, this story is so amazing, God, I love it!
The letters are so very touching, especially towards the end, and I really like the idea of Severus growing fond of Hermione (whichever, child or future adult).
Of the two endings I think I like the second more, but not because it's canon but because the idea with Sev coming "back" to Mione as a time-spelled letter is marvellous and ingenious! How did you come up with that? I'm extraordinarily impressed!

Thank you for this great and lovely piece of fanfiction!

Best wishes,
Bonnie
AP.Violin chapter 11 . 6/3/2014
Bloody brilliant! This should have like 1000 favorites!
MinervaJB chapter 11 . 1/21/2014
Perfect. Just perfect.
The way of presenting it was brilliant: reading the letters sent into the ether (I love the title) without knowing Hermione's reaction, and then showing us too finals, two "Hermiones", both with HEA, one DH-compliant with epilogue and all. That's a hard thing to do.
I read it while listening to Ludovico Einaudi (I had I giorni, Primavera and Love is a Mistery on repeat) and that made the story even better.
bluefirefly5 chapter 11 . 9/16/2013
That last letter was bittersweet, in a way, and beautiful.
bluefirefly5 chapter 10 . 9/16/2013
That ending seems sadder somehow. Sure, Ron lived, but Hermione shouldn't have married him in the first place.
bluefirefly5 chapter 9 . 9/16/2013
Yay! I love this ending, it's very fitting.