Reviews for No Time Like the Present
triniti3n1 chapter 5 . 5/31/2012
well, it's 2012, and i can only assume you've abandoned the story, which is too bad, because it's very good. you have a way of capturing the characters' personalities, and the buffy-speak. i can see her and giles sitting talking in the apartment in chapter 1. And a mystery! i'm dying to know what's in that satchel. and the parts about anya and the fertility statues made me laugh out loud. i'm going to go againstthe grain and say, if you ever get back to this, please DON'T make it a b/g thing. I suppose i could see her getting something of a crush on Giles, but the idea of them actually together is too disturbing. please finish this!
cflat chapter 5 . 11/18/2010
This is a pretty good story. It's a shame you haven't updated it since the beginning of Nov. in 2008.
KMacD chapter 5 . 9/1/2010
I'm intrigued and non too patiently waiting for the next installment. I do like anything B/G
Dimkaagon chapter 5 . 2/10/2010
Please, please, please, please, please, continue this! I think it is an absolutely fantastic story idea, I love your new characters, and I love your writing! I really want to know where you will take this story. I know it's been a little over a year since you updated, but this story is so worth continuing if you're still up to it. I always love a great story and this has already reached that and it has the potential for so much more. Please update! Thank you for writing, and good luck writing and coming up with ideas!
Firewolfe chapter 5 . 1/8/2009
I do hope you write more soon. I really like this piece a lot. I can so see Buffy handleing Riley and Giles like that.

Lisa
Firewolfe chapter 2 . 1/8/2009
Buffy and Giles were a logical pairing given their lives. I do hope you carry it to that level. It is very easy to see Buffy fall for Giles and for him to have grown to love the woman she becomes.

Lisa
charlie chapter 5 . 12/6/2008
I think its time you updated? *looks pathetically hopeful*

this chapter was great and riley is just so oblivious.
faelyn leaf chapter 5 . 11/2/2008
Awesome! I was going through some old emails, spotted a PM from you, clicked the link and new update!

I am really, really glad you decided to finish with this story. You've got quite a knack for Buffy speak and humour. :D

The plot thickens, and I can't wait to see where it goes.

"She just hadn't told Riley that yet." Had me laughing for about five minutes.
Tibs chapter 5 . 11/2/2008
Okay, I definately think that it should be a Buffy/Giles fic. Just 'cause I love them so. So far I really enjoy it, this seems like one of the more "realistic" Buffy/Giles fics out there. I agree thinking that she is oblivious. Please update soon, I am enjoying this one so much!
CindyB chapter 5 . 11/2/2008
I'm really enjoying this story. I love how you are slowly having Buffy & Giles realize that there is something between them...even if you decide not to have them get together.

Riley is a nice guy, but he is like that dog that you pet once and it just will not go away annoying. I hope he is beginning to get the picture that Buffy isn't really into him anymore.

Ari sounds nice and I can't wait to find out about the satchel. Please post more soon.
CindyB chapter 4 . 7/10/2007
Ari seems like a nice character. I kept expecting you to say that Sam was her girlfriend. It's okay that you didn't, but it would have been pretty cool.

As for Buffy hopping the denial train, that seemed perfectly natural especially regarding Giles. Personally, I think they could be the perfect couple. However, that is after they both make the decision that they are willing to take such a risk. Neither means more or could hurt the other more than they could each other.

As for Riley, I think he's fantastic...for someone else. I would take Riley in a heartbeat, but for someone as special as Buffy, she needs more and I just don't think Riley can provide her with what she really needs. Xander would try his best to give Buffy what she needs, but he too would fall short. With Angel, she wouldn't care that he couldn't give her everything...for a time. Spuffy is just wrong. However, with Giles, Buffy would probably take longer to accept him as a lover. Still, I think once she got past the "Giles is OLD" idea she would throw herself wholeheartedly into the relationship and fight anyone to the death who tried to come between them. He is the only one who truely knows and accepts her warts, blemishes, weaknesses and all.

I can't wait to read what happens next.
Fiarah chapter 4 . 7/10/2007
Great start! I'm interested to see where it goes.
faelyn leaf chapter 4 . 7/9/2007
I like this a lot! I'm not a huge Buffy/Giles fan as Buffy/Angel has been my ship since the show first aired when I was eleven. However, this fic is original and funny, and I love the idea of Buffy dragging Giles to a Watcher's Academy reunion.

Just don't fall into to the trap of making Ari the Sue who brings Giles and Buffy together without a hitch. I'm certain that if Giles was really attracted to Buffy in canon, he'd find the entire thing terribly wrong, and repress. Remember, this is the man who thinks of Buffy as a daughter, so I'm sure there'd be loads of issues there.

Other than that, I'd love to see some of the council members try to get Buffy to talk about things like Angel, having friends, and basically being a Slayer who has a life.

Again, great fic, and I can't wait for the next chapter!
Mz Mischief chapter 3 . 7/8/2007
the prologue was certainly interesting enough to make me read further and i'm glad i did. i like the pace, good buildup to further chapters and you've definitely got the chars spot on, so looking forward to the next chapter.
Travilah chapter 3 . 7/3/2007
Love to read your work and this looks to be another good one. Altho I can certainly enjoy a Buffy /Giles story written well, it might be fun to see this storyline play out more to canon - with some excellent Watcher Slayer bonding! Can't wait for more, no matter what direction it takes. . .