Reviews for Out of Synch
Vanessa Sgroi chapter 9 . 4/19/2008
I found your names on another author's "Favorite Authors" list and clicked to check out your stories. This was the first one of yours I read.

I just sat and read it in one sitting. I loved it. There were lots and lots of good brotherly moments even if the boys were bickering at each other (sometimes that's just plain fun and can certainly add to the story). The best parts though were the Hurt!Dean and Hurt!Sam moments. Those I adored as I am a hurt/comfort junkie.

I'll certainly be reading more.
EFW chapter 9 . 3/25/2008
What a great story. Honestly, you had some great twists and turns, lots of deep insight into both boys' insecurities and inner struggles, and a freaky little girl that you managed to tie into the Winchester's past!

Even in the end, just like Sam, I kept thinking, maybe she can be saved. You made me care for her, not a small accomplishment.

AND - you made me sad with the bit about Dean telling Bobby that Sam would be ready for civilian life in a year. It's definitely what Dean wants for Sam. Heartbreaking.

Excellent read. Thanks so much for writing!
EFW chapter 8 . 3/25/2008
I think your action scenes are great, you had me holding my breath. But I agree that they're really hard to do.

Loved all the torture you put Dean through - you do that so well. That poor boy...
EFW chapter 7 . 3/25/2008
Great argument between the boys in the beginning - very much in character. I wish the show had covered more of Sam's struggle - wondering if he was yet to turn dark side, etc. Maybe if we'd gotten a full season...

I'm always so impressed with writers that can do brotherly angst in the middle of a good supernatural scare. Excellent job on both counts so far.

Favorite line:

...and a look on his face that just screamed someone kicked my puppy. Very funny.
EFW chapter 6 . 3/25/2008
I love the twists in this story. I really thought Sam would be able to get to her - but this is so much better. Now she's mad at both of them.

And I love Dean all over him - in protective big brother mode to the point of being furious. Nicely done.
EFW chapter 5 . 3/25/2008
What a great twist! I didn't see it coming at all. I love that the demon goes so far back. Very clever.

And now you've hurt both of them. Seriously, how's a girl supposed to get any work done?
EFW chapter 4 . 3/24/2008
Loved that shower scene - very creative. Of course he wouldn't take the salt and holy water with him into the shower. Very nicely done all the way through.

I also really like the banter back and forth between the boys, especially in the end, with Dean complaining and Sam ignoring him. Very much in character.

I have to get back to work now - will try and finish tonight!
EFW chapter 3 . 3/24/2008
OMG - you really left Dean there, without Sam? Really evil plotting on your part.

Another great chapter - I loved that the little girl was playing games with Sam, making him feel that Dean was hurt, and still you managed to hurt Dean. Such a nice talent you have for that. :-)

I like that the brothers are tentative with each other - they know what the other one is thinking for the most part, but it's almost as if they're leery of getting too personal right now. It feels like a natural place for them to be in.
EFW chapter 2 . 3/24/2008
Such a great chapter! The scene in the spa, when Dean was drowning, left me taking in big gulps of air - so well written and tense.

I really like the melancholy too - the boys have lots to be sad about, but when you throw in Stanford and a former classmate, it brings another level of loss to their lives. It's a nice addition to all they're already going through.

AND - really like that Sam had a vision of sorts - I miss those this season on the show.
EFW chapter 1 . 3/24/2008
I know, it's like I fell off the face of the earth. I have been very absent from this site and today I decided to look up all my favorite authors - and you have so much for me to catch up with!

Loved the beginning of this - the argument over the half second was so in character - even if Sam hadn't gotten hurt, it was so Dean to be all over him about it.

And I really like how you've set it up, with Dean repeating that they're out of synch.

Okay, off to read some more.
lucablue chapter 9 . 12/25/2007
That was awesome - I was lucky enough to come across your story late so I have just read all nine chapters. (I'm supposed to be working but found a laptop & needed a little stress relief!).

Your story was great and you write the boys so well. I also think that you do the "actiony" parts, not to mention the angst pretty damn well.

Thanx for sharing this.

lb
sunnyjunedays chapter 9 . 11/9/2007
Hi, I've just read this story in one sitting. I loved it, it has all the ingredients necessary, making it a story packed with action, angst and those oh so wonderful brotherly moments.

Looking forward to reading more of your stories. x
Poppyflake chapter 9 . 10/31/2007
Thoroughly enjoyed it. Love the way they have to pick to most inopportune moment to argue about who should be doing what.

Thanks for posting.
Xdaisy chainX chapter 9 . 10/29/2007
awh that last part was super fluffy

loved this fic, it was a bit to read chapter 8 again to remind myself what was going on, but im not being critical of you, i have my own fic on the go which should have been finished months ago lol

but anyways, awesome fic, loved it to bits, the storyline was fab and your spirit was the shiz

wicked,

dont leave me hanging here, get writing a new fic soon!

kudos

XsarahX
chb76 chapter 9 . 10/29/2007
well it wasn't THAT long a wait but that real life thing can be a real pain can't it? Anyway that was a fantastic conclusion, really actiony ( ;) ) edge of your seat type stuff and the part where Sam nearly gave up and fell off the loft but Dean wouldn't let him - fab. Like your bossy!sam too, it suits him and i reckon we're gonna see more of that these days - hope so. Loved the ending, cute but not ott - fantastic job.