Reviews for Spider, Spider
Sailor Pandabear chapter 21 . 11/6/2012
nice
Guest chapter 21 . 7/4/2012
Awesome story! I love this thing. I wish that you would update soon, though, because the wait is DRIVING ME NUTS!
worldwanderer2.0 chapter 21 . 6/10/2012
Sorry that I haven't reviewed much but your story is just awesome. For me, it is you who has the ULTIMATE-verse continuity right. It was so wrong of them to kill off Peter Parker after tying him to so much to the ULTIMATE-verse just so that they could replace him with some biracial wannabe idiot for the sake of political correctness. Peter Parker IS and ALWAYS will be Spider-man to me, not that Miles Morales fool.

I really love how you expanded Jessica's role in the ULTIMATE-verse, since so little of it was explored or covered after the Clone Saga and showed how much impact her presence has in the whole ULTIMATE universe as much as Peter's. That scene back in chapter 19 with Kingpin confronting Nick Fury and all those heroes in the same room was priceless and absolutely my favorite scene of this whole story. I also like how you kept Gwen and made her the Scarlet Spider with her Carnage powers rather than have her stayed dead or depowered. Can't wait til you get to the part of the continuity where Human Torch and Iceman move into the Parker household. If it sound great with you, than may I suggest you also also make Mary Jane Watson a hero too, either as the ULTIMATE verison of Jackpot, Mockingbird, or as the second Ultimate Black Widow; according to Wikipedia, ULTIMATE Natasha betrays the Ultimates and is killed by Hawkeye.
deathgeonous chapter 21 . 4/22/2012
Hmm, thanks for coming back to us, it's been a while. No blame, just fact. Well, great fic here, thanks for writing this, bye for now.
Amazing Bluie chapter 21 . 4/18/2012
I don't know if I ever reviewed this story or not, but I should have. I've followed it since just about the beginning. I just want to say, as far as I'm concerned, your continuity is my considered canon as well. ;-)

I'd love it if you updated more, though...
necro-wulf chapter 21 . 4/15/2012
Very daroin throwing us two new characters and nothing else with them. But I like the chouces you made, Mecury and Ghost Rider are good choices for any number of intersting plotlines.

And this is a suggestion, but maybe focus on Peter a bit more? He is the protaganist of the story after all, even if you have shifted twoard an ensemble cast. I get theat the girls are more intersting because they're yours and they put the butts in the seats and you can only have Pete adjust for so long, but just give hime something to do in the interactions from now on. It seems like you may be strating already, whichis all for the good.

Also, fuck cannon. I'm all for it as far as backstory goes, but from the jumping off point its your baby. Your story has its conceite, you stick to it, see where it goes and plunder all the good bits from the source. Another superhero story that has jumped off of canon is the Cat Tales series in the batman section. They're a great read and never look back fron theier diversion from the comics years ago, and even retroactivly estaablish their own canon in the process of writing backstory that borrows from several sources and forms a cohesive whole.

Just go with it. We trust you.
jordylilly777 chapter 21 . 4/9/2012
YAAAAAY! You UPDATED! Another perfect chapter to this amazing story! (Probably why it's number 1 on fanfiction)Update soon!
Dusel chapter 21 . 4/8/2012
Mercury? YAY! She's one of my favorites in the New X-Men comics! I can just where you're going with this...no, no, not the lesbian orgy, no. Well yes, in my head, but you...nevermind...Just forget about it. Awesome that you included Cecily, a bit differen't, scratch that a lot different then in 616 continuety! But I think I will very much like it!
Kyuubi-Titan chapter 21 . 4/8/2012
This made my Easter Worth waking up for. Thnx and keep writing homie.
Tikigod784 chapter 21 . 4/7/2012
Your canon is infinitely better IMO. I look forward to any of your future UxM works. Thanks for returning.

Cessily, huh? Considering their friendship (I'm cheating with the wiki), it could prove... interesting, considering the relationship between Laura and Jessica. Still not sure if you're going THAT route. Ghost Rider has definitely peaked my interest.
leonidus chapter 20 . 3/4/2012
Love your story. Just love it. Actually the only good one I've found so far in the Ultimate-verse. Everyone's spot on in character. My only complaint is-too many OC heroes. I'd have liked it better if it were just Peter & Jessica. Kind of a spider twins deal. Hoping for great things from the clones.
Bloodhawk 248 chapter 20 . 2/19/2012
Oh my. This is practically my dream fic. Spider-Man's always been my favorite Marvel hero, both because of his admittedly odd sense of humor and his staunch refusal to abandon the idea of the 'good fight'. I never liked the Ultimate Universe for two reasons: Ultimate Wolverine and Ultimate Cap, both who were favorites of mine in mainstream Marvel but who I felt ended up into violent caricatures of themselves. While certainly more realistic than their counterparts, it was because of the realism I disliked them.

That said, I love the entire premise of this story. I felt kind of cheated when Jessica Drew kind of waltzed out on Peter, even though it was a fair enough decision. I also didn't really like the way they wrote off the clones, though my reading of comics tends to be piecemeal and that may or may not have been the case. I think it was because the authors were afraid of redundancy, with so many spider-people around.

You, however, seem to have avoided that most awesomely. The Scorpion ends up as a Stark employee and Gwen keeps the symbiote. I'll admit that those two aren't my favorites, though; I love the relationship you've created between Jess and Pete, even the horribly bad 'twins at birth' excuse. It's interesting to see the bonds of family that are starting to spring up in the wake of the life-screw that is the Clone Saga.

And then, when I was already enjoying the Spider-Family, you had to go in and bring in X-23. X-23, my favorite character in terms of possibilities. Lumping her with the Spider-Family was excellent (I play UMVC3, and Spider-Man and X-23 are usually on my team) and having her imprint on Jess was also a stroke of genius. She's been having problems of her own, and Laura's one of the things keeping her from breaking down. I do find it kind of sad, though; the Ultimate Wolverine wouldn't take in Laura, just like you portrayed, while the mainstream Wolverine would no matter what.

So, I think you get the gist of it. I like your story.

There are a few grammatical errors that spell check would have easily found, and some awkward sentences, but no big problems. Me gusta, and I hope you're not planning on leaving it like this. I hope this review helps give you some motivation to write, should you be lacking it.

Good stuff.
CajinAsian chapter 20 . 12/5/2011
Great to see your still here and that the stories still rolling right along.
Anna Marie Raven chapter 20 . 12/4/2011
I'm trying to give the new series a chance. The whole thing became a hell of a lot more interesting for me with the last page of issue #4, as you kind of mentioned, so hopefully I'll still care as the issues continue to come out.

Meanwhile, I loved the glimpse into the Parker household at the end of the chapter; the little looks into everyone, even though the majority of them were asleep! Well done!
Ratdogtwo chapter 20 . 12/4/2011
another great chapter keep up the good work