Reviews for To Remove the Curse
xavia chapter 4 . 3/19/2008
will you be continuing this story?
evs127 chapter 4 . 8/25/2007
Hey there - absolutely loved it - please write more soon! I really like how you portrayed Elrond, his gentility and kindness (as of all Elves). Your chapters are not excessively long - the longer the better in your case! Look forward to your next update x
Padme4000 chapter 4 . 6/28/2007
i loved it and i am glad you are putting information from 'The Silmarillion' because i haven't read it and i learn new things reading this now yay.

can't wait for the next chapter but i will wait
Maid of Imladris chapter 4 . 6/28/2007
Aha! So we have a name- Lómëriel. And she's the daughter of Celembrimbor, and Elrond's first cousin once removed, and the great-granddaughter of Feanor. What a family!

And Glorfindel has a grudge. Well, I suppose I don't really blame him, but talk about awkward timing for old hatreds to be resurfacing.

Yes! Let's go Morgoth-hunting! I'll bring my sword and daggers, and see if I can borrow Huan from whoever he's currently hanging out with. I love Huan- he's the best dog in the world.

I love you characterization of the twins, as well. They're a nice cross between serious and fun loving.

Happy Writing!

MoI
ohfuckthis chapter 4 . 6/28/2007
-faints from the tolkienesque joy- its...AMAZING! Omg, i have to go read my copy of the silm again...I'm kinda lost and am DYING! what sections are most of the lore you used?/? I'm QUITE intrigued...besides that i seel so bad for poor glorfy. He's such a great elf -sigh-..heh...pretty hair...
Sarahbarr17 chapter 4 . 6/28/2007
Hi! I am really enjoying this. It is really well written. Would it be possible, though, for you to add a few author's notes giving your readers the required background info - I am having difficulty understanding what you are referring to all the time...

Many thanks.

Hugs,

Sarah x
Celegorm Fanorion chapter 3 . 6/27/2007
Methinks this is exactly why my servants left Dior's sons to die.
ohfuckthis chapter 3 . 6/27/2007
I KNOW THAT NAME ..ooh but I can't place it...-paces- you are quite fluent in lore aren't you?
Maid of Imladris chapter 3 . 6/27/2007
Another great chapter, and a really fast update, too! Don't worry about the length of the chapters- I like long chapters just fine. I really loved Elrond's interaction with your OC- he seems so nice and kind and friendly.

Ahh! I really, really want to know who her father is. But I guess if her grandmother was the sister of Elrond's grandfather that would make them, what? Cousins several times removed? (I'm awful at figuring out stuff like that).

And yes, they should certainly let us deal with Morgoth. (No, I'm not grinning manically, why do you ask?) Just to think of all the trouble he caused the elves, and ESPECIALLY all the Feanorions...personally, I think a good striking-down would improve his disposition a great deal.

Happy Writing!

MoI
Padme4000 chapter 3 . 6/27/2007
i really loved and believe me it doesn't matter how long your chapter is someone writes 10,0 words for a chapter and thats long.
Kaytee chapter 3 . 6/27/2007
A very enjoyable story and well written. Keep the chapters coming and the length is fine. It doesn't need to be any shorter.

She is Elrond's cousin. No wonder she looks like him. How long as she been a slave and why won't she mention her father's name? Did the slave traders kill her parents or were they killed by a Feanorian because they had a silmaril. Then the children were sold into slavery by the Feanorians. Questions, questions, but no answers. Will have to wait for the next chapters for answers.

Keep up the good work and continue updating quickly.
Kim chapter 2 . 6/26/2007
Aahh! This is a lovely beginning for a story, with such (lyrical ?) prose, too! I love Galadriel’s last words in the first section. May I make a suggestion? In your second section titled, “Meanwhile, in Imladris:”, can you add the phrase, “while waiting for the second patrol to return”? I was confused about the timeline as I was reading it for the first time. I look forward to your next update.
Sarahbarr17 chapter 2 . 6/26/2007
M... the plot thickens! This is becoming quite a mystery!

You have an excellent grasp of Elvenkind and Elven cultures, unlike some other (inferior) fanfiction writers. And your story is plausible. Well done!

And thanks for updating so promptly, by the way...

Hugs,

Sarah x
Maid of Imladris chapter 2 . 6/26/2007
Yay! Fast Update! Another great chapter, too. Gosh, this mysterious elleth is sure causing alot of panic in the elven community. And the Avari...I'd never really thought much about them, but where DID they go? They just sorta vanished...

Favorite Feanorion...that's a tough one. I'd have to say Maedhros, but I love them all. And my 'favorite' changes on a day to day basis.

Random note here:

I LOATHE Grond! It's cool, in a darkish-evil weapon sort of way, but it was the weapon that killed Fingolfin, and that caused Fingon to become High King, and if he hadn't become Hing King, Gothmog might not have targeted him, and he might have survived! So I blame Grond for Fingon's death. And Fingon was one of my fave characters.

(Adds story favorite stories list, and adds Siriusgirl1 to favorite authors list) Happy writing!
Padme4000 chapter 2 . 6/26/2007
aye you know how to make people want an update quicker than usual don't you.

i loved this chapter and it is very well written and i can't wait for the next chapter