Reviews for This Other Eden
Ariyah chapter 1 . 11/29/2013
Wow, I think this is one of my favourite transition stories! Very sweet with just a hint of bitter at the beginning and a heaping serving of maturity! Very nicely done. :-)

Ariel_of_Narnia
basaltone chapter 1 . 8/10/2013
Great story, I love the idea of them sharing dreams both of Narnia and Spare Oom and together finding new purpose. Thank you
Clio1792 chapter 1 . 7/10/2013
...For heaven's sake let us sit upon the ground, and tell sad stories of the compulsory migration of kings (and Queens)- some sent through a wardrobe; some brought by train...all transported...

This excellent story of processing transition was recommended by Rth Stewart and was clearly worthy of lavish praise!

Thank you for writing it!
Clio1792
Miss mia chapter 1 . 5/30/2013
And I agree- Aslan would not have been so cruel. As a child, I read those books and only envied them the chance to go. As an adult, I can't imagine what an earth shattering event it would have actually been- "cruel" doesn't touch it. But Lewis was writing, after all, for children, who take everything on face value and just believe.
Miss mia chapter 1 . 5/30/2013
Lovely, lovely, lovely. Thank you for painting such a beautiful picture in muted tones and leaving it for us to admire.
LuMezenga chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
You reviewed my story so I decided to return the favor ;)
I loved the quote at the ending. I like reading Shakespeare, but not in teathrical form, if that makes any sense. As actual books. I mean, have you READ Otello in teathrical form? It just says (Otello kills Desdemona). There's absolutely no emotion to it.
Anyways, back to your story! Will there be more? Cause I can see it's not 'Complete'.
-LuMezenga
Starbrow chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
I was entirely transported by your careful crafting of the language and landscapes of this work. The pictures you paint, first of the idea of separation and change and the strangeness of their new world, then the way they come not to just accept but embrace the world here, just all work together so beautifully. The moment you got to Peter's third dream, and the line "You are needed here", I just broke down.

And then they walked into England, and you could FEEL the ancientness of the land, just as old and wild and joyous as Narnia, through the legends and histories of its past and the beauty of its earth and creatures. This was incredibly well done. It made the change feel not like a loss, but a new beginning. Thank you many times for sharing this.
MCH chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
Lovely idea how you connect the Pevensie to the country of England and how the children can feel the many ages of England.
servant123 chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
Cool idea :) I like it!
WillowDryad chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
Oh, that's gorgeous.

Brava!
Crazy Dyslexic Nerd chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
Interesting beginning. Please update.

-Dyslexic Nerd
Freawaru chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
Wow. This was really, really wonderful. I think I've read it before, but it loses NOTHING in a second reading. Being a bit of a history of England nut, I adored all the references to old places which were very well done, as well as the Shakespeare quote. Everything was very much in harmony - rather like the scene you captured.
blueyblonde chapter 1 . 4/2/2011
i love it
Lady Asher chapter 1 . 2/16/2011
all things happen for a reason... and things never happen the same way twice.

thanks for sharing )
Pendragon2601 chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
Oh my goodness, this was so beautiful. You have a very strong description of everything throughout the story. I must say my favourite part of it all was the part where the owl landed on Peter's arm. That part was very vivid in my mind. :)

Very very good. And this is also going in my community.
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »