Reviews for Regrets
a forgotten place chapter 1 . 5/4/2018
Thranduil PMed me asking me to stop attacking you. Nice to see you are afraid of me when confronted 1 on 1 without the strength of numbers.

Nobody is flaming in reality. You are just being told a reality as to why you aren't turning the head of the guy at muscle beach and instead getting emasculated beta males who feel too sorry for themselves instead of doing something to change their lives.
mrspencil chapter 1 . 6/29/2014
This is really well done, with a gentle humour and wistfulness.
Nice work:-)
Phantasmal Abduction chapter 1 . 1/19/2012
Melancholy, but not depressing.

Very thoughtfully written and I love how deeply you seem to understand the character.
O. Gallan Rager chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
All I can say about that was that it was a very deep and descriptive piece of work. I even learned a couple new vocabulary words along the way. I'm not sure I found any mistakes in this work in terms of grammar and spelling. Everything checks out solid. I just wish it had more length and extra detail.

Still, it was a good piece to read.
sparklinginkfics chapter 1 . 5/24/2008
"Why is it that short men so often feel the need to overcompensate?" made me laugh out loud. XD

"I am doomed to a lifetime in hell for my stupidity" Erm...wouldn't it be eternity, because he will be dead? Just curious.

It was pretty good, but I'd like to see...I don't know, maybe a metaphor or two? But as written, it was good!

~Zimmily~
Gemelliragazza chapter 1 . 10/14/2007
You have done an excellent job of capturing Norrington here. Although I disagree with you about the kiss, I don't think Norrington would have regretted it. I think he truly loved Elizabeth and made the ultimate sacrifice. But then maybe I'm something of a romantic...
Zippie chapter 1 . 10/2/2007
Congratulations! You and your wonderful story have been inaugurated into the "Pirates of the Caribbean FanFiction Hall of Fame."

Please visit my profile page for more details.

It's not as grand as it sounds, but we hope that by gathering all the best stories in one place we will provide a valuable service for all PotC FanFiction lovers out there.

Please come and make some nominations of your own, share your writing wisdom or just join in the fun!

[Should have added this ages ago - sorry!]
Jennifer Lynn Weston chapter 1 . 9/19/2007
This is the single best Norrington POV fic I've ever read. And one of the few that's entirely true to the man as portrayed in the movies (why do so many writers feel compelled to make him behave radically out of character?)

Great job.
Krickee Thompson chapter 1 . 7/8/2007
This was wonderfully melancholy. Personally, I felt kind of melancholy about all of AWE, and not in a good way. I prefer to think of James in your AU, dear!

But to stick with the Disney endoresed version (What do they know?), this was beautiful.
kaleidoscope heart chapter 1 . 7/8/2007
heh heh. I love this. The exact opposite of my fluffy little one-shot. And much more realistic, to be perfectly honest. I love the idea of him being angry at how that kiss will be "the one thing to torment him through eternity." I know it's sad, but it also makes me happy because it reminds me of that spark he has (the thing we love about him). :) Wonderful story.
Turning Pirate chapter 1 . 7/5/2007
You've nailed it... Norrington's personality and the irony the part he played in the events of the movies. Bt then I would expect nothing less from you! :)

My favourite lines:

'It was fantastical, almost as if an author with no knowledge of climate and weather patterns and geography had created that disastrous storm out of whole cloth.' This made me laugh. I brought to mind the conversations I've had about AWE being like a bad fanfic!

'Why is it that short men so often feel the need to overcompensate?' This elicited another little giggle from me.

'Here I am on a ship that is not my own to captain and within moments I shall very likely be dead. Killed by the father of the man who stole my fiancée and started this whole chain of unholy events. If that is not ironic, I don’t know what is. My life seems full of them; moments of irony, that is.' It is ironic, that a great deal of the PotC story was about Will and Liz's love for each other, yet at the end, through all the trials and traumas that they and everyone else went through, they didn't really get their happy ever after. Not straight away anyway.

Why *did* he give her that kiss?

Again, I say you hit the nail on the head with this one. :) Thanks for sharing this.
Captain MeraSparrow chapter 1 . 6/28/2007
Ahh, it was so well written that James' voice as narrating in my mind as I read. You have captured him wonderfully, and the flow of your writing/his train of thought just drew me right in.

Wonderfully written.
PineAppleLint chapter 1 . 6/27/2007
This one-shot is a wonderful peek into Norrington's mind. Last thoughts are always powerful things to examine. You did it extravagantly.

Ouch, his bitterness towards Miss Swann stung!

I wish Norrington would have gone with the pirates and fought to redeem his sins. I don't think the abrupt ending of his character did him justice.

I would love to see you write a fic about Norrington's piratey adventures. It would be interesting to see how you balance his proper, military persona with his rugged one.

PaL
PearlSparrow13 chapter 1 . 6/25/2007
Good bit about the irony of Norrington's fate. And that line about Napoleon... LOL!
Ivanolix chapter 1 . 6/25/2007
Dark humor it may be, but such is the way Norrington's mind works. Great job!