Reviews for Counting Up, Counting Down
labroussard chapter 1 . 11/29/2015
I enjoyed this little fic. Thanks. ;)
Anon chapter 1 . 7/1/2014
So beautiful. I loved every word!
writeforlove chapter 1 . 5/29/2014
Awesome, amazing, heartbreaking fic... I loved it!
punnylove chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
This is lovely. Please write more!
lenouchka chapter 1 . 4/5/2012
"Veronica's forgiving nature...that girl has never held a grudge in her life." Oww I love that sentence. Reminds me so much of the dream she had on her graduation day in season 2 when she is the Veronica that never lost Lilly and says: "So what, I'm trusting, sue me." Hilarious.

None of these characters are caricatures, you just get them and wrote it beautifully. Veronica's no sweet vapid innocent, Lilly's no heartless self-centered bitch and Duncan's no cheesy boring will-less guy, and I love how you put that. This is the grey area Rob Thomas would have had created, so thank you.
Maida chapter 1 . 3/28/2011
Wow. That was amazing. I love the detail, and the insight into the characters, and the lyrical flow of the writing. The way you captured all the emotions was perfect, breathtaking, and the relationships between all the characters was easy and natural, and just right.

The one little thing that I noticed - Santa Clause is Santa Claus, no 'e'.

But really, brilliant.
some blue december chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
Did he gain a reputation as a trouble maker and goof-off because of the bruises and busted lips and broken noses, or did he develop that personality to hide them? - That's one hell of a way to think of it but it makes sense.

They're good partners. Duncan has no real imagination or initiative, but he's more than willing to go along with whatever fantastic plot Lilly's concocted today. Lilly has no sense of proportion and couldn't be practical if her life depended on it, so it's up to Duncan to point out the impossible bits of her plan. - I really like this. Duncan is the yin to her yang :P

Lilly was the first one in her grade to be the slightest bit interested in boys. - Heh, funny that.

Veronica, all knees and pigtails and quiet smiles in her soccer uniform; - Love the reference.

Logan is sobbing so hard that Duncan suspects he can't breathe either, and that's scarier than anything. After all the nights when Logan would show up at the Kane house in the middle of the night, climbing through Duncan's bedroom window, shirtless because his back was far too raw to handle the brush of cotton, dry-eyed and sarcastic, Duncan never ever expected to see his best friend shattered and weak in front of so many. - This whole paragraph just tugs at my heart.

Logan had never understood how Lilly and Veronica, who spent almost every waking moment together anyways, could have so much to talk about—could lock themselves in Lilly's bedroom with nail polish and Avril Lavigne albums and a bowl of popcorn and talk and talk and talk for hours and hours and hours. - Lol, it really is such a girl thing.

It isn't fair that, when she's zoned out, numbed by pain, her legs automatically lead her to Lilly's locker between classes. - The bit about Lilly's locker paints a great picture. Depressing, but great. Everyone elses life is moving on (except Logan and Duncan, obviously), and Veronica is still stuck on Lilly as though she is expecting her in her everyday life.

This kinda blew me away. Lol, it was posted almost three years ago, but that's no the point. You're use of numbers at the beginning of each scene was really great and so original. It took me longer than it probably should have to realise it wasn't just counting up and down - as the title suggests - but it also went for the scene - who was in it and who they were with. If anyone. I've seen plenty of fics in this format (though I still cannot write in this format to save my life) but I've never seen one with this kind of originality. I love it.
SushiChica chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
You have some truly incredible works to your name. I usually avoid angst because it is so often butchered in fanfictions, but you clearly understand how to pull it off without making it a giant crying emofest. There's something visceral and disturbingly beautiful about what you write, and I love every moment of it.

Alien Altered chapter 1 . 9/7/2008
Awesome I love it!
hippogriffs chapter 1 . 11/4/2007
"They’re watercolors, not oils, and they bleed into each other and create new colors and it’s useless to wonder where one ends and the other begins."

that was beautiful, loved, loved, loved it.
michellio chapter 1 . 10/10/2007
That was...amazing. Simply amazing.

I especially loved the Duncan parts.

Great job!
Hcrobe0 chapter 1 . 8/10/2007
I almost never read oneshot fics, but this one was fantastic and I'm glad I did. I never thought what V must have envisioned down the road for the foursome, but houses side by side and fair-haired cousins to play with sounds like the perfect dream, espcially for an only child.
softhallelujahs chapter 1 . 7/29/2007
So great. You got their voices so well. Def. going into my favorites.
enchantedlight chapter 1 . 6/26/2007
loved it! it captured everyone perfectly!
Mancy chapter 1 . 6/26/2007
i love it it was brilliant so sad and even made me tear up(but i dare to say i am a baby like that lmao)but i is an awesome story ur writting skills are incredible great job!