Reviews for The Lake
Turtle Lover101 chapter 1 . 7/26/2014
This story is very sad and emotional, but I really like the way you wrote it.
Sarachan chapter 1 . 9/28/2013
Wow you just broke my mind, I'm crying so much right now.
MarieTheManiac chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
Oh my god, this is so beautiful! I'm still crying!

I could really feel the emotions in this story, it's...wow!

So sad! Donny! Poor Leo, I don't think I could ever imagine the pain and agony he feels! So well done, it's...amazing!

I can't find words to describe the beauty of this oneshot...great work!

MarieTheManiac
El' Caliente chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
PLEASE PLEASE FINISH THIS STORY PLEASE!
Koriat Cyredanthem chapter 1 . 8/25/2008
Once again, an excellent story! I loved the idea of Leonardo wanting to save his brother but unable to, so he dreams of Donatello's death in order to touch him again. Poor guys. Excellent writing style, as usual. A masterpiece, I believe. Awesome job!
Leepet chapter 1 . 6/7/2008
Oh wow. That was really sad. But good, sad though. Liked it strangely enough... Good job.
KameTerra chapter 1 . 3/16/2008
*blubbering like a baby* Agh! Kay! It takes quite a moving story to get me to tear up, and even short as this was, I literally had tears streaming down my face. So powerful, and even more so because you were wise enough not to use too many words to convey the emotions. *sniff* The way you touched on how everyone was dealing was marvelous, but for some reason Raph's hit me particularly strongly:

"He’d thought about going to Raph and joining him. They could raise the storm together and when it quelled, Raphael would not be alone. There would be someone to bandage his hands. Someone to listen to the weeping that’s not loud enough to move past the barrier of his door, but that Leo feels, deep in his bones, as thundering as his own breathing in his ears."

Especially that last bit, it makes me start to cry all over again. Okay, time to pull myself together.

*Blows kisses to Kay*

Thank you!

KameTerra
nukagirl chapter 1 . 3/10/2008
this is great, so emotionally. I have tears in my eyes, well done this is a fantastic story, so sad
BubblyShell22 chapter 1 . 3/3/2008
Awesome story, Kay. I really liked it. It was heartfelt and sad, but very well-written. You are a good writer.

The Bubbly One,

Shell
Tatsumaki-sama chapter 1 . 2/28/2008
Gotta love and respect the angst. Poor Leo, wishing to dream and stay in that time at the lake where Don's still alive. I loved the way you described Leo's grief, pain and guilt. Your words truly made the story come alive and I was able to feel the pain radiating from a shattered Leo.
LadyDragonRain chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
Oh poor Donnie...and poor Leo. *Sniffles* You made me cry.

I love your stuff Kay, everything you do is just wonderfully written, images put into words burned into the back of your brain..

just magic.

This one goes into my faves along with all the others.

Lady Rain
PrettyArbitrary chapter 1 . 8/14/2007
Your writing is beautiful, vibrant with sensory impressions, like painting a picture with words. It's also...uncomfortable, in the best way. I read something like this or Clarity, Her Tomb (which creeped me out so bad I could barely sleep, by the way; that's some of the best horror I've ever encountered, and barely a drop of blood shed yet), and I can *feel* it like a knife twisting in the gut. It's actually painful, with a powerful sense that something is wrong, broken, can never be made right again.
Goddess of Idun chapter 1 . 7/30/2007
What, I didn't review this yet? I thought I did. Stupid me. Anyway, I love this fic! You make it really believable, what with everyone's feelings, especially Leo's. My favourite parts are:

He still hasn’t cleaned his swords. Let them rust. Let the blood flake and dry. They’re no good for saving anyone, anyway.

Leo bends and tries to cover his brother with his body. Maybe if Raph and Mikey can’t see, maybe if no one else can see—

Maybe Leo just wants to touch his brother again and this is the only way he can.

And the part about the upcoming party... it's those everyday things that make little differences, you know? They were going to have a birthday party and a ceremony, and now they won't. Leo was going to give Donnie that book about genetic analysis, and now he can't. Such things make you cry.

One of the better death fics I've ever read. Fave!

Idun
Largely Inconsequential chapter 1 . 7/5/2007
Oh. My. God.

This made me cry!

I love you for this, because of how good it is.

Eridani23 chapter 1 . 6/29/2007
Wow, very tragic story bet a very good read none the less!