Reviews for Wallower
Maus17 chapter 1 . 7/1/2013
This. Is gorgeous. I almost teared up.
Willowfly chapter 1 . 2/18/2009
I've been reading your work hungrily for the past few days, and still I find myself ravenous for more. The imagery you steep into every line is astounding, no matter how simple or complex a subject you are describing. The small actions, the thoughts and all that powerful meaning you can pack into one small sentence is enough to make my gut churn in an inexplicably wonderful way.

For this little ficlet, I decided to leave you a message about the impression it had left on me. The quick glances into reality that Leonardo allows us brings that of bandaged arms and blunted blades, and the thoughts of clawing at his own flesh, loneliness, invisibility, and emptiness bring to mind that this fever is from self-inflicted wounds. Is this all stemming from a suicide attempt, or is this simply dark thoughts in the making?

I absolutely adore the poetry in this fic, and to pick it apart like the gears of a clock is simply wonderful. Thank you, thank you for sharing your astounding gift of spinning such deep and beautiful tales in so few words. Personally, I would wish one thousand times over to even close to obtaining the talent and insight you so strongly possess.

Much love,

Willowfly
Koriat Cyredanthem chapter 1 . 8/25/2008
Wow... This was incredibly written. A very dark story, but it was amazingly detailed yet vague. Those points that I could understand were simply amazing. The use of alliteration was very well done. Great job!
caylender chapter 1 . 9/3/2007
Wow, that was amazing! I love the way you worded it. It really flowed well.
PrettyArbitrary chapter 1 . 8/14/2007
"Raph is always words." Wow! I'd never thought of it that way before, but that's pretty cool. I also like the thought that he knows how much Raph wants to protect his family, and holds him back from it so he doesn't have to make the sacrifices that would entail.

And the last line is tear-your-heart-out painful. Poor Leo! So dedicated, so selfless. He hollows himself out for the sake of the others and feels bad that he doesn't have more to give.
kytyngurl2 chapter 1 . 7/13/2007
Wow yet again! Are you tired of me saying that yet? You must be.

I think this drabble highlights your ability to create these stunning but disorienting mental images with lovely worldplay and metaphors and all around awesomeness than any of your other fics. This fic is just a joy to read, I really really admire the technical skill that went into it.

As for it's content, well, that's also pretty darn amazing! I guess I see this as a sick/feverish Leo having fever dreams and sucumbing to his fears as his family treats him. I really do love your Leo, and it's writers like you that have changed him from a character I hated to someone I like and feel sorry for. I understand him now, and I understand him so much in this fic it hurts.

Just amazing!
lost-katana chapter 1 . 6/27/2007
Dang that was good! So Leo was sick? Very interesting.

Another fic to add to my favorites!
vashsunglasses chapter 1 . 6/26/2007
It captures the sadness of insanity beautifully.
Serendipity1 chapter 1 . 6/26/2007
I love the near stream-of-consciousness flow this story has, expressing the hazy state of Leo's mind very well. As someone who's had a concussion and little else to warp her mental state, it comes off as perfectly dizzy, vague, and almost symbolic in the way you concentrate on sensations and snatches of memory. It's almost like Leonardo's mind is unraveling here, which is a perspective I personally have always wanted to try. Great job!
The Ghost of FF. Net chapter 1 . 6/26/2007
I was totally sucked in. I love your way with words, and tortured Leo anytime is good. :D Thanks for the review, BTW! ;)
Reinbeauchaser chapter 1 . 6/25/2007
Dementia, Alzheimers, or insanity. Either one of three or all three, but - wow - what a jumble of thoughts and emotions. A very tangled yet thought-provoking missive.

Be blessed,