Reviews for Zeppless
Wanabee chapter 6 . 10/26/2007
Hey I really LOVE your story and am sad to see you haven't updated in a while! I hope you continue with the story! And who was the girl Dawn was talking about? Also I'm a Dander shipper (Dawn/Xander) so I was wondering if there is going to be anything between the two of them?
steve chapter 6 . 8/1/2007
Since you took the time to respond to my review, I will respond to your riposte. You claim the shows were about redemption but I ask you how can you say that with a straight face? I am a Roman Catholic & we were taught that redemption is a 2-part process. First you acknowledge the error & then you try to do better. If you look at my issues with Angel they are all about his actions not Angelus'. Also, in the last ep he proved he chose the path of the demon & rejected redemption. 1. He used Lindsay & ordered his murder as soon as he was done serving him just like a true demon would! What makes this worse is he had an easy way to check his loyalty thru Lorne & refused to use it! 2. Because Harmony reminded him of Cordy he gave the soulless demon a letter of recommendation so she could get a new job somewhere & murder her clueless colleagues at her leisure. She betrayed Angel so there is no way any sane person could trust her not to murder humans when it suits her! 3. Even though Angel knows about portals to other worlds & knew that Wolfram & Hart would come at him with everything they had, he chose to make a stand in downtown LA, where hundreds of innocents will be caught & killed in the crossfire! As always, the egotistical vampire doesn't care about the innocents that will pay the price, he just wants to make sure there is a big enough body count that Buffy, Faith & anyone else clueless enough to care about the selfish demon will believe that he died nobly rather than selfishly. Angels last actions prove he is unworthy of redemption! On Buffy, Spike only did what little good he did do to get in Buffy's panties. On Angel, he just tried to show up Angel. Spike, souled or soulless, never saw a difference in his behavior. He was always a opportunistic, stalking, raping, massmurdering sociopath who cared only about himself & his object of obsession, whether it was Dru, Buffy, Dawn or Buffy again. Once Buffy was raised from the dead & vulnerable, Spike dumped Dawn so he could take advantage of Buffy while she was disoriented & pliable. Once Spike got his soul back he never apologized to Dawn for using her crush on him so he could stalk Buffy, he never apologized to Willow & Xander for his several attempts to murder them; He emotionally eviscerated Robin Wood for daring to prove that Spike was a danger to everyone & trying to slay the demon that murdered his mother; Sadly, Buffy never seemed more Dru-like than when she told Robin that she would let Spike kill him if he wanted. Yes, I totally blame that insane rant of Buffy's & her subsequent betrayal of Giles on Spike's demonic influence! Healthy Buffy would have sided with Wood. She would have tried to slay whatever demon had murdered her mom without a second's hesitation! Souled Spike gloried in Buffy turning her back on Giles & kept her busy with himself in spite of the fact that in season 4 Spike correctly IDed Buffy's formula for success!Buffy Giles Willow Xander victory!

Instead of actively working to rebuild the team he worked at keeping them apart. He wanted Buffy for himself! Everyone & everything else was irrelevant! On Angel, Spike just cared about showing Angel up in every way possible! Again, the sociopath said or did whatever it took to achieve his goal! Redemption is nowhere in Spike's vocabulary because he never acknowledges any need for change on his part! According to himself, Spike is perfect!

Willow had been my fave female character. In season six she threw away everything that made her great! In season 7 she strove for redemption all the way up to the last ep. Sadly, it just took a little manipulation on Buffy's part to throw away all her progress & go back to being an out of control junkie who raped women all over the world, shoving demonic energy into them & giving the FE hundreds of clueless innocents to play mindgames with. After all, if one rogue slayer is a danger, as Faith was in season 3, than hundreds of rogue slayers being guided by their dead loved ones to commit atrocities is an unstoppable nightmare! It makes sense that that was the FE's true goal all along. After all, by the end of season 7 the only people Buffy was listening to were Caleb, FE, Spike & Angel. When the others tried to talk to her, she got huffy & ran out of the house, refusing to compromise...

I find it interesting that Faith was condemned in season 3 for believing it was all about power but Buffy is lionized for the exact same attitude in season 7!

I do believe in redemption! Sadly, none of those characters seem to believe they are doing evil & therefore they are truly damned by their last actions of selfish hubris!
moonsaballoon chapter 6 . 8/1/2007
Squee! New chapter! i love this story! Plz update soon!
RabidReject chapter 6 . 7/31/2007
Great chapter. Can't wait to see what comes next.
melodrome chapter 5 . 7/22/2007
This is a shout out to Steve, in case he ever decides to check back.

First off, I appreciate your honesty and your ability to voice it so clearly. Beating around the bush isn't for you, and that's admirable. However, I can't take constructive criticism without defending my intentions, so here goes.

The Buffy and Angel series were both about redemption. Angel, having done dreadful things in his past, is working towards the goal of becoming human. Based off the principles you have voiced here, Angel never deserves that. It doesn't matter what people do; their pasts will always dictate who they are. Despite that Angel was, technically, a different person without a soul, forgiveness on any scale is never an option for Angel. Spike, likewise now ensouled and thus technically a different person, is looking for goodness to be had before he turns to dust. Willow, who unlike the vamps is at the core a wonderful person, never deserves to be forgiven for her mistakes, does she? According to what has been voiced, no one can ever be absolved, no matter how hard one might try.

(On a bit of a sidenote, I don't agree with what Angel ended up doing either. However, there are always casualties with war. How many lives did Angel potentially save when he took out that branch of W&H? We don't know how the scales ended up balancing.)

This story is based on the principle that even Xander, who sat back and watched everything happen, has a limit. He is, after all, only human, which has always been emphasized. It seems perfectly reasonable to think that he sees everything he's lost, sees everyone so willing to sacrifice themselves for a cause he finds hard to believe in since Anya died, and not be willing to do it anymore. The thing is that Xander does have an influence. By backing out, he may be thinking that he can outrun these issues, and talk some of his friends into doing the same. Xander inevitably is in favour of good, and this does not waver. If he sees that good cannot triumph, he may well, and reasonably, leave the situation. He is human, and he is misguided. But what I intend to emphasize later is that he is not a coward.

The Powers That Be sent Angel a link to redemption for years. Why shouldn't they help Willow along occasionally?

Finally, Xander is my favourite character. It is not my intention to deface him, but only to tell a story. The story is not complete, and thus neither are some of these judgements. However, it must have been compelling in some way for you to have read 7,500 words of it before getting this cranky. I am very pleased that my style is not what has put you off, and I thank you for the compliment.

Cheers again for the honesty. I hope this one story hasn't put you off my writing altogether.
Bluesnowman chapter 5 . 7/22/2007
Interesting story do far.
steve chapter 5 . 7/21/2007
This story makes no sense. At the end of their respective series both Buffy & Angel screwed up royally & handed evil easy victories but here you show Angel died heroically? What nonsense. The moron betrayed & had assassinated Lindsay without checking which side he was on, deliberately caused a fight in downtown LA so hundreds of innocents could be killed & now the raping sociopath Spike is portrayed as some kind of hero? Meanwhile Xander, the only one who didn't run away, go insane or become uncaring evil like Buffy at the end is portrayed as a coward? Willow the power-mad, black-magic addicted murdering junkie is foung worthy of the Powers that be at least makes sense. They proved over & over on Angel that they had their own evil agenda & sadly the Willow who casually raped women all over the world & shoved demonic energy into them destroying the slayer line forever & giving the First Evil hundreds of clueless innocent victims for it to play with is their kind of selfish evil puppet, just like the worthless Angel... I don't think I will read anymore. I do like your writing style, very clean & clear. I just can't enjoy where you are taking the characters. I like my Xander steadfast & true. I might have been able to handle the vampire worship crap if Xander's character hadn't been assassinated at the same time...
Wauzi chapter 5 . 7/21/2007
Great story so far!

I really like your style to switch between present and past. Keep up the good work!

Wauzi
RabidReject chapter 5 . 7/21/2007
Awesome chapter. Kinda see the group dynamic falling apart there. Hm.. and why is Dawn searching for Xander and not Willow? I guess we shall find out...
arizona chapter 4 . 7/15/2007
Interesting story. But it seems to move pretty slow. Hope it picks up soon.
deactivate-account chapter 4 . 7/13/2007
Giles is dying? Giles can't die, he's great and so is this story. Please update soon.
deactivate-account chapter 2 . 7/2/2007
Strong start, looking forward to finding out where this is going.
RobC chapter 2 . 7/2/2007