Reviews for To Be Loved or Feared
Crudy chapter 18 . 1/28
I just finished reading this. It doesn't seem like you will be updating anymore though which is shame. This had a lot of potential to turn into a good political thriller, and I always felt that FMA missed out on an opportunity to make a statement on politics and military but it's a shonen so go figure.

I mean I loved the run towards the conclusion—the rebellion, the fights with the homunculi and Father, etc.—but I think they left off several gaping plot holes. How ever did they gain as much as support as they did for their coup? Did the fighters on their side know about the dark truth of their country or were they in the dark? Who is Madame Christmas? What of the fallout of Mustang's side putting the blame on the Briggs faction? How are they going to cover up something as massive the temporary deaths the whole citizens of Amestris experienced when the Nationwide Transmutation Circle was activated? It's all just confusing and messy. I played several scenarios in my head and it all turns out ugly, not like the happy ending we saw from canon.

Naturally I got hooked on your story and I went on reading even though I knew it'll never be updated ever again. But whoa Riza dead? Did not see that coming at all. Either this death was faked or you did not plan on following canon events all along. Mustang getting deployed to Briggs was one thing but the death of a character who had a pivotal role in the finale?

So anyway with this hiatus I am left again to fill in the blanks myself (I would appreciate it if you give me a PM and give me a quick rundown of your plot outline till the ending, hehe). With 18 chapters I felt that you could have done more. This is my main complaint, your pacing was too slow and the writing sort of long-winded. I guess that's what turned off readers as I feel this kind of fic could've been more popular. If you did read this review, I just wish you luck with your future endeavors and hope you still take up writing, fanfiction or otherwise.
Full Worm Garden chapter 16 . 8/8/2011
Any romance between Roy and Olivier?
Maurelle chapter 18 . 2/18/2010
I like this. I admit that the jumping was a major turn off for me at first, but after that things went okay. And don't worry about reviews. The more the story gets around the more you'll get. It just takes time, sometimes.
the blanket chapter 18 . 2/9/2009
But what happens next? :o
Jennifer chapter 18 . 6/25/2008
I've really enjoyed the story so far. I hope you will continue to update, especially with what happened in the latest chapter.
Orion117 chapter 18 . 5/2/2008
Someone linked me to this story, and I really enjoyed it. The characters are very well-drawn, and you created an interesting plot. I couldn't help but think Olivier and Roy had some chemistry when I first saw them together in the manga, so I was glad to see a fic focusing on them. I hope you add more to it someday!
smiling cat chapter 17 . 1/22/2008
I like this story, especially the parts that follow the Briggs situation. Roy and Olivier are confrontational! It's thrilling to read their conversations.

But what I like best is being able to read the events from various points of view.

I still don't know what to think about the Riza/Jean developement
Rokan chapter 16 . 10/21/2007
Hey, I really like this story so far! It's an interesting plot. In any case, I look forward to more.

And you are not a terrible writer either, you write much better than I probably ever will.
Alex R chapter 8 . 10/12/2007
Miles is not so meek. He might not have spoken out immediately, but he would not passively doubt his abilities to "work with" State Alchemists.

I don't like the "'Am I right, boys?'" from Buccaneer; he's right and he knows it (at least in his eyes) and needs no confirmation.

Mr. Whitesuit... 'nuff said :)
Romani-chan chapter 16 . 9/21/2007
This story is really good so far. I love the insight into Olivier, she has to be one of the most interesting characters in the manga. And any story with Roy in it is okay with me (self proclaimed fangirl)

Update soon!

Romani-chan
Rosemary Greene chapter 8 . 7/14/2007
Hey there! So far the build up for the relationship is nice. (Good to see a fic where they're not jumping on each other within the first two chapters D.) The one suggestion I have to really give is to try and add description to the scenes you're writing. Because while the dialogue is there and well done, I feel like each chapter brings a blank canvas to it, so describing Olivier's office, or allowing the reader to picture the blizzard that rips through Mustang might help flesh out your story a bit more. Now I haven't read up to chapter 71, so I'm not entirely sure on the specifics, but I think the story's moving along nicely. Also, if you wish not to "update too frequently", try having the different scenes occur within the same chapter. I wish you all the best with pulling off this challenge. I'll keep on reading!
Chibi Hayaku Hashiru chapter 5 . 6/27/2007
Ok this is a good story and everything but you shouldn't update so fast. Give people a little more time to review. I'm really sorry if I offended you or anything but I am really enjoying your story and hope that you update soon! :) And that was just my word of advice to you.