Reviews for I Promised
KendrixTermina chapter 1 . 6/14/2013
I guess that at its heart, Asuka's character arc is that of a naive young girl shattering upon the hard, unfair rocks of reality...
Cole chapter 1 . 6/25/2010
you should write more about asuka.

Though you sum up her personality truely, your missing a little something. Shinji can be summed up the easiest, he's sort of a pussy without his dad and everything that comes of it. Rei is a bit more complicated, but not by much: she is only half human (explaining her lack of plain human emotional understanding) and goes through the psychological trauma of realising this, as well as realising she is a clone of her previous self. Asuka is by far more complicated than these three, very hard to understand. Yes, she is harsh and a show-off due to her child-hood neglection, but no one seems to realise that she was emotionally abandoned by both parents and ignored all her childhood, and even though she got reviered by others around her sometimes, she would fail to see it because she was still psychologically traumatised from what she saw and felt as a little girl. summed up as a girl who shows off to gain the attention she never had as a child just doesnt quite explain it, but it is close. but i do really hope you write more about asuka, there aren't enough GOOD writers out there writing about her
NemesisZero chapter 1 . 5/11/2008
You capture her character quite well here. You don't do anything with it, but it still is a somewhat interesting read just for the the sake of analysis.
sky7228 chapter 1 . 12/15/2007
This is really well written. it really captures Asuka's determination.
sentinel28 chapter 1 . 7/11/2007
Wow. This was simply stunning. I think you've really captured Asuka's mindset. Most Eva fans know that Asuka's bluster is cover for a deep-rooted inferiority complex, but I have *never* seen it written so well. I especially liked you pointing out that Rei gets all the attention from Gendo, Shinji all the attention from Misato...leaving Asuka without the one thing she so desperately craves. Never seen that pointed out before (at least not in fanfiction; the manga hints at it), but it's right on target.

I've read some of your other works, but this is by far your best. Well done.
Optimus Prima chapter 1 . 6/27/2007
What an interesting story! I really enjoyed this insightful look inside Asuka's mind. The writing is simaltaneously smooth and engaging to read AND one hundred percent Asuka. Good work!

Smilies,

Nabeko-tan
one guy chapter 1 . 6/27/2007
Some fine work. That's what I expected from this fic and that's what I got.

Once again we see the familiar, good descriptive style. And that was a good psychological analysis. I was about to criticize you for not translating the German words but the interesting thing is the meaning of them seems very obvious because of the context. So all is ok with that.

By the way, this time you didn't talk about Rei and Shinji's love which shows some variety.

All in all, it is indeed a very good story.

By the way, thank you for the recommendations ;)
JustDrunkMyself chapter 1 . 6/27/2007
I enjoyed this story. It was written consistently and well. Good work.

-Mjolnir.G
Neferius chapter 1 . 6/27/2007
Well Ikarus, once again you have written a nice piece of literature. Okay that sounded a little to much like an ass kiss.

How about, excellent work Onesun, just what I expected from an author of your caliber. No, still too much ass kissing.

Oh oh I got it. Great work man, I really enjoyed this look into Asuka's mind. You gave off a good sense of emotion and when looking back at the series I can totally see things from Asuka's prospective. Once again, great work.

Read ya Later.
Da-Guru chapter 1 . 6/26/2007
Very nice, IO. You've really captured Asuka.

I don't really have any comments. There isn't anything that really needs work in this fic. You did a very good job here. I'd really like to see more stuff like this from ya.
Halamee2559 chapter 1 . 6/26/2007
This is a great insight on Asuka's character, and was well worth the read.

_
Fifth Horseman chapter 1 . 6/26/2007
Very good. A great depiction of what could be going on inside her head. Nice work.
Sideris chapter 1 . 6/26/2007
Once more, I can't say anything but that I love it. Great work, man.
Rose1948 chapter 1 . 6/26/2007
A very insightful look into a rather complex person.