Reviews for The Calm Before the Storm
curiousbookworm chapter 19 . 11/30/2011
finsih finish finish :/( its soogood!
Barney chapter 19 . 8/13/2011
OMG Minerva has his journal. OMG I can't wait for you to continue. This was such a cliffhanger! This was possibly your best chapter ever. This is where things are going to get really interesting from, isn't it? I can't wait.

You cannot imagine how excited this ending got me. I love cliffies. I'm ridiculously excited now.

Please continue you very soon, your chapters are getting better and better - you can forget most of what I have said in my previous reviews, because you had corrected all the things that had bothered me. I hope I hadn't discouraged you with my previous reviews; I was honestly just trying to help, because I remember constructive criticism had helped me a lot, back in the day.

Please continue very soon! :)
Barney chapter 17 . 8/13/2011
OMG Lord Voldemort likes his tea with two lumps of sugar in it and without cream! I'm sorry, but that really amused me, seeing as I never looked at Lord Voldemort as an actual human being with carnal desires and normal human needs like eating and drinking. Other than that, Minerva is uncharacteristically easy to manipulate. But it might just be because she is young, and perhaps her naivete in her young age is the reason she will grow to be as reserved and stern as she is in the books. It is just - unusual to read about her, acting like this. Again, this is only my opinion, and I hope I am not offending or discouraging you by writing it down.

Other than that, I'm still very much enjoying your story, and I do hope that you'll finish it and not abandon it the way most Tom Riddle stories get abandoned when very dark things start to happen and the writing gets hard because of this. This story has so much potential it would be a real waste.
Barney chapter 16 . 8/13/2011
Minerva was finally as awesome in this chapter as she was in the books. I thought she would have the upper hand more often, actually. I hope there are more chapters like this to come. It would also be very interesting if they power-struggled during chapters, because both of them are very smart and powerful.
Barney chapter 11 . 8/13/2011
Hey! I find your story highly entertaining and enjoyable. I have a few complaints, however, and they are not meant to hurt you; this is just my opinion and advice, and you only heed it if you see fit.

First of all, the length of chapters is great (reading too much online burns my eyes out), but it feels like each chapter is ONE scene, which makes the story feel a bit awkward for me. Of course I also understand that you wouldn't want your readers to become bored with your story or any chapter, and some people just write shorter chapters than others. I also think you should add more descriptions to your story, because even if your dialogue is highly entertaining, I have a hard time imagining what some places and people look like.

The characterization is a bit off as well, I think. Minerva wouldn't trust Tom so easily; I don't like it when very clever characters become useless, lovesick puppies at the first touch of a man. Of course some people might, but Minerva never struck me as the type who would. Also, Minerva playing Quidditch? Minerva is awesome enough without being a Quidditch player...

I also think Tom is too nice, but that might be because he's a teenager.

Other than that, your story is great, otherwise I wouldn't have read it up until the eleventh chapter. Again, this was not to hurt you or discourage you, but I do think a little constructive criticism can be helpful. I tried to not be too harsh, I hope it worked - and again, this is only my opinion and I can be just as wrong as you, if you get what I mean.
Lissie1019 chapter 19 . 4/16/2011
Why did you have to stop writing HERE? It's such a nice story, so it's a shame it's abandoned. I really like that it's not the typically dark Tom Riddle we usually see, but it still isn't fluffy and sweet. I also think the idea of Tom and Minerva is very interesting. So PLEASE continue to write this story!
slytherinslut13 chapter 19 . 2/10/2010
Argh! Its a cliffie! Ok, so I really like this story. There aren't many good Minerva/ Tom M. Riddle fanfics out there!

Thanks for writing,

Rose
K. East chapter 9 . 1/3/2010
No! So close. (Again.) You're driving me mad, here.

I'm really unsure as to Tom's motives here- but I trust you'll explain in future chapters. He's one tricky bastard, isn't he?

On to the next chapter.
K. East chapter 8 . 1/3/2010
I don't know how I feel about Tom's kindness toward house elves... with all that pureblood supremacy he's into, it seems like he wouldn't consider house elves to be sentient beings (I know you wrote this before DH, but still).

Other than that- yet another fantastic chapter. I think part of the intrigue is the two characters you chose... two equally brilliant, steadfast people; however you manage to bring them together is beyond me.

(Now can they kiss? Please?)
K. East chapter 7 . 1/3/2010
Le gasp.

So close.

Darn you, Dumbledore!

(No, but in all actuality, this chapter was extremely enjoyable.)
K. East chapter 6 . 1/3/2010
But he won't keep it that way, right? ... right?

I really, really want some Tom/Minerva action right now. I know it's way too early for such things, considering he's still pretty much a cold-hearted bastard and Minerva's... well, Minerva- but it would be incredibly awesome anyway.

That being said, I'm moving on to the next chapter now. Keep up the awesome work!
K. East chapter 5 . 1/3/2010
Dumbledore loves to meddle, doesn't it?

I'm really enjoying this story. I'm glad that I happened upon it, because I would never have actively sought out a Tom/McGonagall story, and yet it's quite entertaining. You really deserve more reviews than you are getting!
K. East chapter 4 . 1/3/2010
Hm... what was he doing in the bathroom? I suppose we'll find out sooner or later- or maybe it WAS an "encounter", as Minerva put it.

Interesting.
K. East chapter 3 . 1/3/2010
I liked the little detail about Tom's friends calling him Voldemort. I think you've really got him down as a student- he's very calculating, still pretty cold and distant, but not (yet) completely evil.

On the other hand, I'm having a hard time grasping Minerva's character- she feels far too vulnerable. (But perhaps fifty years of experience with people is what molds her into her strong, confident character of the 1990s. And with this pairing, it's inevitable that she is going to have to give, because clearly Tom will not.)
K. East chapter 2 . 1/3/2010
The plot thickens! Now I don't think I'll be able to walk away from this story- I really want to know what happens, and moreso I want to see how you can pull this off. Judging by these two chapters though, you won't have a hard time. :) Keep up the good work.