Reviews for Darkness of the Unknown
Criticanon chapter 1 . 6/19/2013
Fun read, nice to see someone use a Gelgoog J type.
Shawn chapter 1 . 11/7/2010
Nice story and it even had my fav Zeon MS in it.
Marching Madly Onward chapter 1 . 6/19/2010
I read this ages ago on Mechatalk and never got around to reviewing it. Shame on me

It's a great piece, WZA. (In fact, I think you should have tied with Cardi for #1, but that's just my two cents.) You used the setting to great effect-Ares wondering to himself if this is what the end of the world looks like. There's a palpable sense of foreboding in a floating graveyard/scrapyard like the shoal zone, and that comes through loud and clear in your writing. It underscores how disastrous the One Year War had been and will continue to be. Even as the team pulls through without any losses, they're in a precarious position I wouldn't wish on anyone. The fear of the front line is strong even in a team of pilots in high-spec rides.

I will admit characterization suffers a bit from the brisk length. For instance, the exposition on Trent's personality comes out suddenly near the end without going anywhere. Of course, that's probably a side effect of the time constraints that come with a challenge. I know you're not usually one to skimp on characterization.

Before I ramble on too long, I'll say you did a great job with what you were given. It hits on a lot of the themes and moods that made the original work, while painting a brand new picture I enjoyed seeing written out in your style. Well done
FinalCloudFantasy chapter 1 . 1/6/2009
Cool story. I liked the fight with the Gelgoog Jeager (which I identified by its description) and I liked the fact that you didn't kill everyone. You also handled the newtype thing pretty well. All in all, nice job!
veteran Raven chapter 1 . 4/8/2008
very nicely done write sum more plz:D
The Blackjack chapter 1 . 8/17/2007
Wow. A real UC fic. A real good UC fic. I thought they were dieing breed, but you've created a good one right here.

Short, but not bad. Good dialouge, good description- generally solid all around. Not a whole lot to criticize.

Nice to see the Jaeger. It's one of my favorite OYW designs. Ares is a pretty solid pilot if he could take one down in GM Sniper, I reckon.

Hopefully we'll see more OYW from you.
Texan Rebel chapter 1 . 6/29/2007
Very well done. That has to be one of the best UC stories I have seen to date. And the whole thing about the naginata, it should of had it because it was a PROTOTYPE ment for testing with different weapon options for most devastating results on the enemy. Still, I give this story a 10/10! Great job!