Reviews for Second To None
MattKennedy chapter 7 . 4/10
Great story! Really loved your development of a 'minor' character, though I did miss the great back and forth between Jon and Jack in the earlier installments of the series. :)
kateydidnt chapter 1 . 8/19/2014
I keep hoping one day you will write/publish the sequel to this fantastic story.
2JackBauer4 chapter 7 . 8/14/2014
I know this story is a little older, but I wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed it anyway. I loved every little moment of it. Although I'm from Germany and know nothing about military procedures I found it interesting to learn a few things about the Air Force. Especially from an insider. The many shortcuts were a little difficult, but fortunately you explained them very well at the bottom of every chapter.
The plot was very exciting, I just couldn't stop reading. The way you integrated scenes and information from some of the episodes and Continuum was great. The pranks Jon pulled were brilliant and even though I didn't get all the jokes behind the prank-calls, I often had to laugh.
The characters were great too, the ones from the show as well as your own. The conflict between being Jon and being Jack at the same time, was very well written and I loved the scenes when Jon met somebody from Jacks past, awesome!
Last thing to say for me: I would love to read a sequel with TSgt Vega at the SGC when he learns that Jon is a clone with all the memories of Major General Jack O'Neill. That would be really great!
Thanks again for writing this, I had a great time reading it!
Susan M. M chapter 7 . 7/21/2014
First, thank you for your service. As a member of the US military, you are overworked and underpaid, but your service is appreciated. Second, thank you for the story. Excellent writing. Your personal experience added to the depth of details, and the blend of humor and action was perfect.
Guest chapter 7 . 6/28/2014
Well written and it shows that you have served for a number of years. However I can never take US drill and cermonies serious, impressive yes but it lacks style and class (the concepts of "looking professional" and "no PDA" are laughable). I assume that you are an NCO and not a flag officer (although the joint chiefs writing fanfiction, preferably togheter, is a very amusing though) so I will not give you the speach on why US foreign policy and use of force is something to be ashamed of and why GW Bush deserves life in prison for crimes against humanity.
Neellok chapter 7 . 6/28/2014
This was an enthralling and stunning story. Thank you for writing it. :)
editcat chapter 7 . 6/27/2014
I know you wrote this a very long time ago, but I'm reviewing anyway, because I was just that impressed with the whole series. I don't know a lot about military (especially USAF) specifics, but with all the extra commentary and just the way you presented everything, I never felt lost or overwhelmed. The characters were beautifully handled. I loved the way you showed Jon gaining his own sense of self, almost losing it for a while, and then getting it back. But I especially loved the character of TSgt Vega, who in many ways seemed to be the real hero of "Second to None." He was a very real character, likable and capable without ever becoming a Mary Sue (or Marty Stu). I honestly felt at the end that there could be a series based on a team led by Jon with Vega a part of it, and maybe Cassie after she completed her education. Not just a series of stories, but an honest-to-Pete TV series, with occasional visits by the original SG-1 characters but really standing on its own. I hope you still get messages and read this, because you deserve a great deal of credit for this work. Thanks for sharing your time and talent.
Shells chapter 4 . 6/11/2014
Alright, the OFF joke? It's funny up until you ACTUALLY have someone call in that problem with their computer monitor. I don't remember her rank, but she managed to make me embarassed to be in the same service as her. Her co-workers weren't especially thrilled either. It was just ... painful... it was painful.
Shells chapter 3 . 6/11/2014
Hearing protection around TIs? Now there's a concept.
Shells chapter 2 . 6/11/2014
So, whenever we got an FNG on night shift one of the SrA would promptly send the poor soul over to the equipment checkout desk to get the flightline key. One time we had a guy searching for 2 hours before someone took mercy. Ran him all over the squadron. On the bright side, that particular airman never got lost again...
Shells chapter 1 . 6/11/2014
Wow- you just gave me flashbacks to basic training. Very well written story so far. Too bad you used the 322nd when everybody knows the 324th is better.
Jillian A.K chapter 2 . 5/21/2014
Every time I reread this story, I am flummoxed by the Flight line joke! It is driving me nuts. Please explain. Pretty please?
daimonian32 chapter 7 . 4/29/2014
That was intense, and great attention to detail! Thank you.
Irina Marenco chapter 7 . 2/1/2014
This story remains my all-times favorite gen story about clone!Jack. I re-read it from time to time and I love it every single time. Thanks for sharing!
Guest chapter 7 . 1/20/2014