Reviews for A Better Time
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 2 . 8/13
Bah. No way Sasuke-bastard could kill Naruto and do anything other than crawl away to die - even with Kishimoto's insane, God Mode, Hax, whirligig eyes.

Otherwise, it was a very well-crafted tear jerker.
mnementh2000 chapter 2 . 7/7
I can see 1 of 4 possible paths for Hinata to take if Naruto had died: shrink into herself and give up entirely, wasting away quietly; standing up and using his death as a catalyst to improve herself as a person and ninja, living her life more confidently and possibly in honor of him; becoming the cold, heartless, avenger that she did in your story; or just giving it all up and ending it soon after Naruto, as he was her inspiration and pillar to lean on early on. Truthfully, she was very shy and timid up until the war, even if she had been gaining bit by bit, thus I could see any of these outcomes as being just as likely as the others.

This being said, your story could very well be the final outcome of Hinata had Naruto died. There is a saying: "when seeking revenge (or vengeance), first dig two graves - one for your enemy and one for yourself". Inevitably, in the course of seeking such, you end up cutting your ties to everyone else, and lose yourself to the one course. In the end, you find that you have nothing left to live for once your 'task' is complete, leaving you empty and alone, with no clear direction for your life. Your story proves this point succinctly, as she had cut nearly all her ties to those around her, to the extent that she sought oblivion over the emptiness that was left of her life - a life without the one she loved.

All in all, a well-written, albeit extremely sad, story. Still, one that I enjoyed re-reading once I went back through my follows. I have to agree with one reviewer, though, the final bit seemed... off, somehow. It didn't really sound like what Naruto would say, the wording was wrong. Still, good job on the story, and portraying such an emotional side of 'what if'.
Sizzin chapter 2 . 5/20
Wow... this was sad. I almost let a tear fall in the last sentence.
I feel melancholic now. Seriously, damn it.
Gruffard chapter 2 . 5/6
Very dark but well done. Glad I found this.
CrystalBud chapter 1 . 12/5/2014
so sad...
Guest chapter 2 . 12/3/2014
Hi, good story and sad one too. I know this will make me seem heartless but I didn' t cry like others said they did. But well it was still a good story, now exuce me I'm going to read some of your other story.
Joshua the First chapter 2 . 8/22/2014
Speechless.
Kaltos chapter 2 . 6/3/2014
What is it with you and making sad stories about Hinata, I'm not trying to complain though. You really are a great writer, all of your stories are incredibly well writen. I hope you keep up this hobby of yours.
larryjc chapter 2 . 5/8/2014
This is something you definately don't see everyday. I enjoyed this story immensly. And hinata's death was fitting. Really emotional stuff.
rednaxela12 chapter 2 . 4/7/2014
Quite good, I enjoyed reading this a great deal.
God1801 chapter 2 . 3/5/2014
I think Sasuke would have won
Hina Hime Chan chapter 1 . 2/10/2014
With the war going on in the manga chapters I always wondered what will happen to Hinata if Naruto died. Now I know.
Excellent story!
Kagega chapter 2 . 1/2/2014
Love fanficts like this one, I have always been a huge fan of a good romance - angst story and this was a very good short fic.
fullmetal-meeze chapter 2 . 11/24/2013
This is intense. This is tragic but deserved. The only thing that threw me off was the last few words of the story. I didn't like that part. I imagine he would have said "Hinata, I'm so sorry. For everything you've been through. For everything you've sacrificed for my sake. I'm here on the other side, Hinata. Waiting for you, loving you." This story was realistic. I like it.
Walk The Max Planck chapter 2 . 9/18/2013
That was beautiful. In just two chapters you made me cry; no one has ever managed that before. You're an amazing writer, and that really was beautiful.