Reviews for To Trammel Some Wild Thing
another fine mess chapter 15 . 5/17
Please, please, PLEASE update! I've read this story through several times and I can't wait to find out what happens next!
Bone App the Teeth chapter 15 . 4/29
THIS IS FRICKIN' AMAZING! IVE READ THIS WHOLE STORY IN A MATTER OF A DAY AND HAVE NOT SLEPT BECAUSE OF IT! But I digress, I am proud and it was worth it. I hope you update soon and consider coming back to this story, because it is truly one of my favorites out there. Also, your author notes are hilarious XD- just thought I should add that. Cheers!
I'm so glad I stumbled across your story when I entered the world of VH fanfic. Despite your fears I found this story to be a true pleasure to read. You have written Ana's struggle very well and I am enjoying the development of Dracula ' character in this story. I always felt like there wasn't enough back story presented in the movie and had always hoped for more, which you have given us :) I'm so glad you decided to come back and continue writing this story and I look forward to more updates, whenever they might come. Thank you for all the time and effort you have put into this story so far, it has been appreciated!
emily.quitadamo chapter 15 . 11/23/2015
Please update!
Bella chapter 15 . 10/8/2015
Found this today and couldn't stop reading it. Love it! Please continue it! Please please
Aldrnari chapter 15 . 7/3/2015
This story has sucked me in and taken my full attention. It had me on the edge of my seat and now im left with wanting. This tale has a massive twist to it and I love the plot and character development. Please oh please find it in your heart to continue this story for it must be finished. It is rare to find an authour as talented as you!. You have the ability to capture your readers with your writing. It is brilliant. I urge I beg of you please continue!
Justin Adkins chapter 1 . 5/9/2015
A large portion of this is copied from the Lord of the Rings the Two Towers.
Netag Silverstar chapter 15 . 5/5/2015
Holy eviscerating vampires Batman! This story is amazing!

I am really happy to have read this story, I have spent the past few chapters longing for and dreading the next chapter as I steadily ran out of chapters to read.

This was so intense, a few spelling mistakes here and there but that can be forgiven for the sheer beauty, depth and detail encompassed in this story. Your historical details and references, as a Dracula (fictional and historical) fan and hobby-ist, really worked well on me. I loved them to absolute pieces.

Your world building is fantastic, I personally liked how real your settings where, without being set pieces, as we say in writing, the castles and the woods feel alive without being distracting.

I loved reading your mini essays on the characters and their motivations and desires. They were really interesting to read. I would suggest pulling them out and posting them as a separate piece, titled something like in Defence of Dracula or some such thing. It would be really interesting to see what else you think of the characters and the film and other related works.

I really like how your mind works in this actually. You are really inspiring in how you convey your characters and I hope my creative writing shows even a tenth of the talent yours shows.

Supporting characters: I love Carl, I love the actor and I love how you have portrayed him in this story. I like Frank or Adam, in this case, I think you have done a great job and your little essay made him so much more important for me. I appreciate Marishka and the undertaker and little Jozsi (have I spelt those right?) as great little details that worked really well.

I have a personal love for Verona and I like how she is treated in this fic. Dracula's thoughts on her where rather moving. And so when I am finished writing this I shall endeavor to read your story on her and Vlad.

I think Aleera is a good enough villain, that's why I hate her and want to see her die, but you have done such a wonderful characterization of her here that I hate her even more! (This is a good thing, it means you write her well).

I don't have a problem with Hugh Jackman nor with Van Helsing, and even though you bash him in your comments, I feel you are being really reasonable with him as just a side character in your story. I think the Judas Iscariot thing is really cool though, story wise and I look forward to seeing how you are going I explore this.

Velkan is so awesome here. We don't see anything of him, yet he is such a great and interesting character merely for how Anna reacts. I found this very enjoyable to read.

Before I get to the big stars, I have to mention the references.

Oh my god man/woman/person, your in house references are so super totally awesomely amazing! I spent several minutes smiling my face off over the Labyrinth references, which were really well done and the LoTR parts were so fantastically cool. The Wormtongue line fit Dracula so perfectly I could scream. Shakespeare is great and historical novels are superb (I am running out of adjectives here.) if you some how fit a Princess Bride quote I here I shall die of happiness. I think I will die of happiness any way If you update, let alone what the content is.

Before I forget, your narrative, the tension you built, the suspense, the unique twists you made. All completely wonderful, sensational, astounding. I really really really like it.

Anna: I'm ok with Anna in the movie I can suspend my belief and just go with it, heck I watched this as a 7 yr old an she was my favorite character (even the I shipped her with Dracula). I adore your characterization of her, I love her humanity and her weakness. She feels so real, and so true to her original portrayal as well. If I ever write a princess as well as you do I will be very pleased, and probably get good score in writing.

Dracula: holy hell is this guy amazing. One if the three Australians on set and the best guy in the movie, I have high expectations for Dracula. If he does not make the cut, I will not comment. Here he is probably one of the best versions I have seen written in . And I read Strangers In the Night just before I started on this. His backstory, his treatment of others, the sex appeal. Everything here is nigh on perfect, even my mental images when you describe his hair... I will stop myself before I dissolve in to a pool of fan girl putty.

Overall I really love and enjoy this story, I think it's amazing and that you are a really talented writer. I hope that you will continue with this story, that you don't give and know that there is at least one person here who is willing to wait for you, not matter how long it may take for you to update. I cannot tell where our old work needs as our newer starts, probably because I was too enamored with your writing to realize it. No matter what you write, I think you will do very well with it.

Well done, I wish you all the luck in the world and I look forward to seeing your next chapter. (Just don't sacrifice school or work for it, those come first.)

Your newly converted fan,

KD chapter 15 . 3/26/2015
It's good to have you back! It's been soooooooo long! I hope to see more soon!
cawo114 chapter 15 . 1/24/2015
I just discover your fic and i'm totally captivated by it. I'll wait impatiently for the new chapter :-)
MoonDriver chapter 8 . 1/19/2015
"And yet his touch had been gentle, his gaze, albeit fleetingly, earnest. True, he had been vicious, but had he not then healed my wounds? Expressed concern, remorse even? Vowed never to harm me? He wanted me, he said he did, and there had been truth in all his looks."
This is so disturbing how Anna sounds like someone who is in a relationship with an abusive partner. I feel so sorry for her in this story - though, actually, I always feel sorry for her. Her character has a way of being incompatible with happiness, hasn't it? Or maybe it's just ALL characters in Van Helsing - except Carl, Carl seems to be the less damaged of them all :) Well, anyway, I can't find it in me to be annoyed with angsty-Anna. Who wouldn't be desperate in her place?
MoonDriver chapter 12 . 1/19/2015
"You fight so hard for your kind, my little warrior, but you haven't even the slightest idea of what it really is to be human."
This line really captures how I feel about Anna. I've always been somewhat fond of her despite how little you actually saw of her feelings in the movie. There was always something a bit unnatural about how cold and ruthless she was, like she was actually broken inside but couldn't afford to even think about it.
And I always felt so sad watching the end, because after Dracula was defeated, I thought Anna might actually have a real life. But they just went and killed her. So she never even had the chance to try and learn "what it really is to be human"... I wonder how your Anna will turn out...
MoonDriver chapter 13 . 1/19/2015
"Even when he was on the other side of the room, she leaned towards him like a moth instinctively draws near a flame, as if words alone could not express her longing for closeness."
I don't know if this has been pointed out before, but... BELLATRIX! Aleera is Dracula's Bella. Gosh, I'm such a Harry Potter nerd. I'm curious: did you do this on purpose?
MoonDriver chapter 11 . 1/19/2015
"The bargain was dissolved, but what of it? It had never truly existed in the first place. [...] A fine figure he had cut when he came to her that night, promising everything but intending nothing."
You've broken my heart with this. I can't believe how sad it is that no matter how hard Anna's been trying not to be Dracula's puppet, she got so totally fooled. And she still isn't aware of it, is she? That in the end no matter how things had turned out she would never have saved her brother. And I also can't believe that I was STUPID enough to actually believe Dracula would honor a bargain. I'm ashamed to say I did, up until you so kindly pointed it out to me... Guess it's not a wonder I really love this fic, I can perfectly identify with Anna. He tricked me just as good as he tricked her.
MoonDriver chapter 15 . 1/19/2015
Hey there :) I really hope that you will update this someday. This story is a masterpiece - there is no other way to describe it. I fell in love with it as soon as I read the first chapter and from there on it only got better and better!
You say that reviews have a way of making you want to write more? Then I'll be glad to share my thoughts on other chapters too. Please tell me that you will finish this eventually. It's too much of a gem to remain uncompleted. I feel down just thinking that I might never know what will happen next.