Reviews for Sympathy
Chelliyah chapter 1 . 8/12/2007
love it.

love love love it!

cant wait for more of ya ficis!
DAnNSfreak chapter 1 . 7/7/2007
Always love your M&Ms stories! Nice one.
TraceZBullet chapter 1 . 7/3/2007
Wow...that was so hot without being smutty...how do you do it? :) I'm always looking forward to your fics!

T
iheartCSI4326 chapter 1 . 7/2/2007
Perfect. No really, it was.

From beginning to end, it had the perfect flow to it, each part setting off the next. I love it. It's both in character, and shows off the sides of both Danny, and Lindsay we love.

'She wanders towards the bedroom, partially disrobing. His eyes widen as she removes her jacket and tosses it on the chair. She kicks off her shoes and lets her hair down from the hasty ponytail she pulled it into earlier.'

It may be a sort of in-between line, but I love the mental picture it created. Danny's eyes widening, so cute on his part.

'He’ll never look at that pool table the same – and he really should get it refelted.'

Haha. I'm sure none of us ever will. It's funny seeing Danny reacting to what we've been going crazy over.

And what has to be the best Danny line, both in personality, and in context of the entire story.

“Oh, yes,” he growls, dropping his lips to her throat and relishing the moan that escapes her. “We fucking do.”

*Giggles* I LOVE LOVE LOVE that line. So much, it completed it. This line, just makes your imagination run wild, then with the following ending sentences. It was perfect.

You are as always. My inspiration. Great job. (Emphasis on great.)

Lila. ;)
Silvara71 chapter 1 . 6/30/2007
great story, I can imagine Danny talking with Flack, and his face to so much simpathy...

I like it very much
HalfAsleep chapter 1 . 6/29/2007
Great fic, but I am wondering how Danny would be able to lab work with just one hand? Wouldn't desk work have been more appropriate?
wickedlittlehigh chapter 1 . 6/28/2007
I've been longing for a good post-finale fic that goes into Lindsay's hinted at guilt, and Danny's hinted at relief. This hit all the right points for me, so thank you! And well done.
TutorGirlml chapter 1 . 6/28/2007
Oh, that was just about perfect. I really liked it a lot. I can totally see everyone wanting to help Danny and make sure he's okay, and him just wanting things to get back to normal. You really did a great job with this one; it rings true to all the characters and had such a great flow and good ending.
MelanieA chapter 1 . 6/28/2007
Enjoyed the story. I love DL. It reminded me a lot of another story, Pleasure & Pain. Still good, though.
mel60 chapter 1 . 6/27/2007
I love, absolutely love the overall undercurrent of New York cynicism in this. It's so Danny. It feels like Danny.

I also love Flack's little bit of sympathy when he tells Danny:

“So you broke a couple of fingers. Big deal. I had my stomach blown open last year. Stop being a whining little pussy and take your damn shot, Messer.”

Classic. Very New York. Very in character. Great voice.

Love it.
LadeeBear chapter 1 . 6/27/2007
*applauds*

You should know by now that I always enjoy everything that you write, so this is no exception. It was brilliantly executed, from the opening sentence to the closing few words. :) And it had the right balance - balancing Lindsay's emotions with Danny's desire for everyone to stop treating him like a defenseless human being; balancing angst with fluff; and balancing fluff with...well, a smidgen of smut. ;)

I definitely enjoyed this.
notesofwimsey chapter 1 . 6/27/2007
If I had to pick a favourite line among all the great lines here, it would be this one:

"He does want to be a stubborn jackass, thank you very much."

I love a story in which I can hear Danny's voice, and he was all over this one! Nice job.
ReJo chapter 1 . 6/27/2007
Very good! These parts really made me laugh:

He broke his leg in high school, trying to sneak out of Maria Cuccione’s bedroom window. He misjudged the distance from the sill to the tree and ended up sprawled on his back on the Cuccione’s front lawn. Luckily, the Virgin Mary statue broke his fall. Unfortunately, it also broke his tibia. He was extremely happy that Mr. Cuccione didn’t break anything else.

“Look at what the one-handed boy can do all by himself.”
Phyxsius chapter 1 . 6/27/2007
I would imagine it would be hard for someone who is self-sufficient to accept help from another. But hey, Danny, when you're in a relationship, you have to give up the reins every now and again.

Great post-ep fic!
Shelbers chapter 1 . 6/27/2007
lol now...that is how they should open up season 4! with the end scene, lol! awesome fic:)