Reviews for AN: Dry Winds
middlechild274 chapter 6 . 11/19/2014
I like this story very much. I'm a big "Sand" siblings fan. Is there a sequel on this?
Kitsune1978 chapter 2 . 5/22/2012
I like more and more how the things are going between Baki and Gaara. Seems that youngest Sand sibling is easy to manipulate ;P
Kitsune1978 chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
This is one of my favorite stories about Baki. I'm repeating it over and over - even if he's kind of supporting character with minor role, he shouldn't be so underrated in fanfics. He must have been extraordinary person to survive young homicidal Gaara as his teacher, nothing less.

I love how your story is in fact centered around Baki and how you portrayed him. He was always like that to me - almost old-fashioned, sticking to his beliefs, honorable, with quite high standards ("I wouldn't presume to bind a girl's future to mine, my lord, especially as her teacher.") And he couldn't be different, considering how much Sand siblings respect him.

My definitely less favorite character so far is the Kazekage - no wonder here, I suppose. He's just as heartless and manipulating as they come, bastard. I've never thought he could consider Temari to be the next Shukaku's vessel, but it makes sense in a way. Another reason to detest him.

I don't like Hiroko also. If she didn't love Baki, she should leave him before he was scarred. Fortunately Baki seems not to be extremely hurt - probably hiding it all too well, or maybe he really doesn't care. Who knows.

What surprised me was that siblings seemed to be so much at ease around Gaara. They wasn't scared at all. Quite ooc.

Ah, and Baki's line: "I'm not afraid of dying. You know firsthand that there are worse things than death." was perfect. I believe he couldn't find best words to stop Gaara from killing him and in the same time give his youngest student a hint that he understands what Gaara is going through.

Great job with the story, I'm happy it is complete. Added to favorites of course :)
HimekoUchia chapter 2 . 5/11/2012
Awwwwwwwwwwww I'm grinning like an idiot at the cuteness of this!

Very awesome story so far!

Now, on to the next chapter!
SpunkyPaperAngel chapter 1 . 5/10/2012
I just spent my entire afternoon reading your story :) Thank you for having written it.

I loved the way you characterized Temari, Gaara, and Kankuro, and how you gave life to Baki. The story was well-written, and the dialogue perfect.

It had a great balance of everything, and highly amusing parts. There were parts where I could not stop smiling!

Kankuro was the funniest (I really love his characterization as the middle child), followed by Gaara.

Love it!
Stina Whatever chapter 6 . 3/2/2012
I really liek the way taht you've written Gaara, you've captured him perfectly
Naybi chapter 6 . 6/19/2009
Amazing story! I liked very much how you explained how the sand sibs grew up It was very sweet and Funny. I liked Gaaras threats like "Talk about it and die" or "Its a blond boy, with a cat and a pet raccoon" that was hilarious also that Gaara and Kankuro are both willing to protect Temari. This is you 1 of my favorite teams. I really liked this story i give you 100/10 and a pair of thumbs up. Congratulations on your story!
Little Kunai chapter 6 . 3/23/2009
excellent ending. particularly, the heart-to-heart girl talk with hiroko. i like the way you portrayed baki. very good.
Little Kunai chapter 4 . 3/23/2009
this is my favorite chapter.
Little Kunai chapter 3 . 3/23/2009
always a good chapter, i envy your style
Little Kunai chapter 2 . 3/23/2009
holy crap i remember reading this story part-way then not being able to find it. coulda swore i favorited it. guess not. i always thought it was a well-written peek into their lives before they got intro'd
PenumbraChey chapter 1 . 10/21/2008
Very, very nice establishing chapter. I like all the things you've set up that I'll assume will be resolved for the last part.
jo-fitz chapter 6 . 3/12/2008
Wow, I really loved this story! I really never was able to like Baki, but now I sort of see him in a different light. Amazing what a good fiction can do. ;D I can't wait to read more of your stories.
sarahstalcup chapter 5 . 1/25/2008
Funniest line in the story: "Hiroko doesn't like curtains?" asked Temari.

I recently re-read this story, and I'd forgotten how funny this chapter is.

Sarah
Nesha1 chapter 6 . 10/7/2007
The emotions between Temari and Baki were very real. I KNEW he wouldn't take her as his wife. The Baki I know, I couldn't see him doing that. It's like I stated before, he respects his students too much.

I'm looking foward to your other Baki-Sand sibling-centric stories.
55 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »