Reviews for Tactless
Elizabeth chapter 1 . 12/2/2010
I loved your take on the end of S3. The Master was on point with pretty much everything he said. I wish this happened on the show (lets face it, he must have searched the Tardis' memory to get some things he could use against the Doctor). I liked Rose, but everything he said was true (sorry die-hard fans). I know some people think you are bashing her because you seem to be a Martha fan, but you are simply stating facts. Rose never went through half the things Martha did with the Doctor, and if she did I don't know it she would have been as strong (Rose travelling the world on her own for a year to save it - please). Rose was good, but Martha was extraordinary. That chapter where the Master compares the two is great, and I think it is something the writers didn't want to address (for fear of upsetting the Rose fans). Martha seems to be the stronger, more capable, not to mention more intelligent companion. It does seem rather ridiculous that the Doctor "supposedly" loves Rose, considering he has way more in common with Martha (they work well together and are just compatible). I always thought the Doctor loved Rose, but wasn't in love with her, even if he wanted to be. Whereas with Martha, he is attracted to her and admire her but doesn't know how to deal with it (because he knows she will leave him one day) so he treat her indifferently to keep her at arms length. The Master admires and respects Martha, even if she is his enemy. He doesn't understand how the Doctor could be so callous towards her given everything she has done for him. The Jack bits are brilliant. Overall this could have been a missing scene. Great work. I wish you could do a sequel, focusing on the Doctors reaction to the Masters words, and Martha's return (maybe he tells her she should be his ally because he would appreciate her more than the Doctor). Now that would be a great read. Thanks for the great story.
faerietaleredux chapter 1 . 10/17/2010
You've captured jack brilliantly.

And I have to say that it's sad-but the master was right about a lot of the things mentioned. It's frustrating to see both jack and Martha go under-appreciated by the doctor. Sigh... Still he does live them. Complicated thing, I guess.
faerietaleredux chapter 1 . 10/17/2010
You've captured jack brilliantly.

Artemis1000 chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
Hahahaha, that is soooo Jack, chatting up a pretty girl while they're all about to die *giggles*
Her Head In the Clouds chapter 1 . 9/1/2010
Great ficlet; a refreshing read just like 'otahyoni' said
PhoenixWytch chapter 1 . 10/2/2009
Oh ouch... The Master has a point though. The Doctor has been rather cruel to Martha.

Thanks for writing.
Spoofmaster chapter 1 . 10/8/2008
I llke Jack's point of view on things (and the downsides of immortality). I also think that the Master brings up some good points (and I think the reviewer who didn't like his speech might have forgotten that it's the Master we're talking about - he may bring up some painful truths, but it's not beyond him to manipulate the facts as well).

Anyway, adding this to the Tin Dog.
just drifting chapter 1 . 3/3/2008
that was really good but i dont like the bit about Rose. rose was brilliant and i know you love Martha and so do i but dont bag out rose because shes just as good
Ivy3 chapter 1 . 1/19/2008
Aw now THAT'S a great missing scene. I like The Master taunting The Doctor and his rapport with Jack and Tish. And Jack being Jack of course!
Annie Onimous chapter 1 . 10/13/2007
Heh I loved it! I always thought Jack/Tish would be a could couple. This was an excellent story as per usual (GO TEN/MARTHA!).
Eliche chapter 1 . 10/5/2007
:D very nice
AnimeAlexis chapter 1 . 8/25/2007
I don't think I ever get tired of saying how wonderful your stories are. Cos they're just fantastic, you know. I think I've read Put the Kettle On about 15 times now. This is brilliant. How Jack manages to flirt with everyone at any given moment for no particular reason amazes me, and I adore the Master's Martha paragraph. And is it me, or does he sound like he's got something of a crush on Martha? I have to see The Sound of Drums, cos I think I missed a hell of a lot by not watching it. And at leat we know that Jack didn't end up as one of the Troclaphane. THAT would be horrible. And did I mention how spot on his character is here? Wondering about whether Martha would save the world so he wouldn't have to float around in space, checking his hair after he resurrects, "Can't I say hello?". Lol. Can I have a new story now, please? Pretty please?
Liveforthemoments chapter 1 . 7/17/2007
Typically Jack - irrepressible, insufferable, annoying the Doctor. Lovely!
thefuzzyone123 chapter 1 . 6/29/2007
Excellent! As usual with your writing everyone is dead on character. I even like the master in this, sometimes you need a psychopath to tell you a few home truths :)
otahyoni chapter 1 . 6/29/2007
Can I just say "kudos!" for your Martha-is-so-better-than-Rose paragraph? Because, Rose was cool and all, but Martha is ever so much more clever and self-sufficient. She's already ended up on her own more times in this one season than Rose did in two, and she's done beautifully.

Anyway. I just found it refreshing, since everyone else in the universe is all "DIE MARTHA. ROSE IS SO BETTER! ROSE FOREVER!" And while I'd like to see Rose back just for the Doctor's sake, I'd also like to see her not back, so he can finally move on and give his friendship with Martha a chance to grow into something real rather than the surface companion-relationship it is now.

This got a bit out of hand. Sorry. :)