Reviews for How To Do Nothing At All
Pyritohedron chapter 11 . 4/11
There are actual tears streaming down my face right now.

I don't even know what to say. I'd been waiting for years and I was sure this fic wouldn't ever get another update and I'd come to peace with that. But then you went and updated it and you shattered my heart into tiny little ittybitty shards while you were at it.

It was glorious, thank you.

I've been meaning to leave a review for a very long time. This is undeniably my all time favorite fic, I was going to say one of but that would have been a lie. I've still never actually gotten the chance play kingdom hearts but you were able to make me care so much about all of these characters. And now that investment is renewed.

I know by now it's been a few years since you updated last but I'm going to take the fact that you haven't marked it as completed as a sign to keep checking back in every so often again.

Congrats on everything, though! I hope things are still going well for you.
StereoBeach chapter 1 . 12/21/2015
Admittedly only halfway through the first chapter, your writing style is simply a hoot. And while thoroughly disappointed that you haven't updated in a quarter-past eternity, I'm plenty excited to consume what you have written.
silenttower chapter 10 . 4/6/2015
I trusted you, and yet you have stomped my heart to pieces yet again. I thought, maybe this time there will be a happy ending. Surely she's had enough blood and tears.
But no, no. No, it's actually the worst one yet.
I didn't think anything could top Suburbia and yet here we are.
I regret reading this. I wish I could erase it from my mind and go on believing that eventually they would work things out and everything would be okay and we would learn how to do nothing at all.
But all I have learned is that doing nothing at all gets you an ending like this.
Congratulations, you have tricked me once again. Maybe you'll trick me one more time and update another chapter. But I will understand if you don't. It has been, after all, a long time.
silenttower chapter 11 . 4/6/2015
You know, you'd think after Suburbia, and after Marigolds, I would have learned never to believe in you. But still somehow I trusted you.
I trusted you.
magneticpie chapter 11 . 2/17/2015
I look at my old FF accounts maaaaybe once a year just on the off chance that this has updated and there was honestly no better feeling than the surprised bliss of realizing that it HAD... EIGHT MONTHS AGO.

Rereading an old favorite fic is comparable to some weird sappy simile like eating warm caramel with a spoon when its snowing outside. Rereading an old favorite fic with a new chapter is like some weird sappy simile that is better than that... something like eating that warm spoon caramel and then finding out that your best friend who you'd lost contact with seven years ago was in town and they brought you more caramel and a hug.

congrats on your marriage, novel, teaching, and all of your happy life shenanigans. Your nostalgia made my day a hell of a lot better, and gave me an excuse to reach out to a friend I made, and read this fic with, in 2007.
So even if you don't go on to finish the rest of this, thanks for the caramel and the hug.
17hsy3g2i1 chapter 11 . 2/10/2015
Please feel nostalgic again and finish this story. You're one of my favorite writers on this site and I love this story.
GameOvaries chapter 11 . 1/25/2015
I AM! I AM! Please finish this! I started reading this story when I was a sophomore in high school. Now I am an adult and still desperate for the ending. (Which is totally pathetic from all angles.) PLEASE.
skinnedkneedmisfit chapter 11 . 12/8/2014
…I just.

So, I've been out of the fanfiction game for a really long time. Haven't really read stuff since I finished college. Tried writing stuff but it never went anywhere. But I still have a folder squirreled away in my bookmarks ("Stuff" - "Fanfiction" - "fics" - "awesome fics") just for the fanfics that changed my life, and this one was at the very top. About once a year or so, I find myself scrolling through the "awesome fics" folder, sometimes clicking on author profiles to see if there's anyway to find authors from abandoned stories. I had a rare triple-take when I realized that this story had been updated (almost half a year ago, but still). I re-read *everything* in a couple days and now…

I sincerely hope you finish this story. I know it's been six months since this last update, but it meant so much to me to see you update again. I feel nostalgic for the old stories I used to write (I scrubbed this account years ago, and seeing you update is making me regret it!) It must be close to winter break where you are, so maybe this will free up some time for a quick chapter? I was happy to see your little life-update at the end of this chapter. Glad that you're happy and married and even have a job you went to college for! Hope to see another update from you soon. If not, glad one of us made it!
Insert-somthing-creative-here chapter 1 . 9/30/2014
Wow. My god I have found the story of my life. I hope the rest doesn't disappoint.
Guest chapter 11 . 9/10/2014
xigbar-organization 13 here, I have to say that thisstory stll holdz the number 1 place for favorite fanfics for me, despite the time range betweenchapter updates. The writing is intense, and the character depth, combined with how utterly /dense/ Xigbar is makes this fic all the more captivatinf, and I can't seem to stop reading it.

I've no idea when the next installment will come, if it evere does, but I will be eagerly awaiting the continuation and eventual end of this story.

Once again, the effort put into this story is clear to see, and you've done a fantastic job writing it. Take care, friend, RL before Fanfics after all.
xAnrii chapter 11 . 6/17/2014
...

Okay. So. I just randomly looked at this story on my favorites. Because it was on top. Then I switched to categories. Then I stopped. And went back. And then I thought:

"Holy mother of pearl."

And then I stared. And stared. And stared at the update date and now I either want to scream or cry (both in joy) for your glorious return, because BY THE GODS, this is one of my favorite fanfics... ever, and having it unfinished left me wanting to curl up in a ball and cry.

Thank you for your return! *weeps tears of joy* And now... I shall proceed to reread this from the beginning. : (Not yet reading this glorious new chapter because I need some serious refreshing on this story. Haven't come to it in a while because it makes me a sad panda to read stories with long-since-past update dates). Oh, how I love this day... thank you!
lhbaghead chapter 11 . 6/17/2014
Hello, yes, there are legions of fans out here and excited.

Oddly enough, not even a month ago I thought of this story, and remembered it as wonderful, captivating, new, different, etcetera etcetera. I missed it, but thought maybe, probably, I should give up on seeing it finished (as it is, I definitely cannot chastise- this is the first time in a year where I've opened this account up, and there are also, yes, some stories I should finish). Then, coincidence, fate, I don't know, you updated- and now I'm sitting here at two in the morning, just finished reading all of it straight through, craving closure but celebrating the fact that shit, I forgot how damned good of a writer you are.

So! There are people out there, pulling a Rose and holding on to this story for dear life. As life is (congratulations on getting married, by the way, however late this may be), I will pull patience from my soul and eagerly await this. For now, yes, thank you for updating.
Devil Lace chapter 11 . 6/15/2014
wow when i saw this email i was like 'wait does a newer fanfic i follow have the same name or is that really falaphesian updating'
wow i was just so clueless and surprised but wow i'm glad to hear everything is going great for you. you were always one of my favorite fic writers for all your quirky talent and i'm so excited to see you're still writing.
hope to see more from you fanfic-wise.
FinalFallenFantasy chapter 11 . 6/14/2014
Man, I missed you! Haha saw the alert message for this update and just stared for a moment, like 'is this real?!' really glad to hear things are going so well for you!
Emily chapter 11 . 6/13/2014
I still read! I'm out here. I've been keeping up with this story since 2008/2009, it's the only fanfic that I come back too, considering I'm in my 20's and I have bills and responsibilities now. When my sister texted me last night that this story had updated I jumped on my computer first thing this morning.
I love your writing and I love this story! Thank you for coming back to it. Now I'm going to ask a selfish question. Is this the last chapter?