Reviews for Spiderthread Untruth
DarkRoguePhantom chapter 1 . 7/22/2011
I don't have time to write you an essay. Sorry. Anyway, I found your fic disturbing, moving and shocking all at once. The first line was magic! Pure magic! The undercurrent of pure emotion, the similes, the lies, the denial are perfect. Your interpretation of a Luke/Percy relationship was also very touching. I've read many such fics and I've always observed that it seemed much more ... physical. But yours was pure heart felt emotion. A very good job.
serkeret chapter 2 . 5/25/2010
Hi! I found this on DeviantART, and although I won't write you an essay, I gotta say that I love this. First, the title. Spiderthread Untruth. It's so mystrious. I'm not a big fan of PercyxLuke, but that's probably that this is the only story ever that I'm cannon on. I also like where he says "Remember what talented liars Hermes' children are? Of course you do, and you're probably frowning and wondering what percentage of this letter is made up of those world-class lies. I'll make it easy and tell you: Everything except the last 587 words, and the ones after them."

I also like the last sentence of the Diary, and everything ater that ties it down to the story, and perfects it.
Clara Fonteyn chapter 2 . 11/21/2009
Absolutely beautiful. I loved the ending with the textbook setting. Ironic that Percy was the one that killed Luke. I know you wrote this ages ago, but really, this is a classic. And as you well know, classics are timeless. Please keep writing.

~Clara
Silvered Rae chapter 1 . 2/17/2009
Oh. My. God.

Finally! A good non-slash story about Luke and Percy! This is my favorite pairing and you did such a great job! You are awesome!
an otaku chapter 2 . 12/19/2008
This story was somewhat confusing to me. But seemed like something what Luke (or any demigod for that matter) would think like. Or about. Very human. I think this is what inspired me to like Luke/Percy.
starrysnow chapter 1 . 9/26/2008
Hey, i read and favourited this story long ago, but I couldn't find the time to make a review until now. Sorry!

It's hard to find any nice and grammer/mistake - free story over here in the Percy Jackson and The Olympians section. I was quite happy (VERY) when I found this story.

Luke's character and thoughts are well-defined and described in this story... ... I like how it is in his point of view(thoughts actually). Luke/Percy is a pairing that's hard to find; Your story is great in the sense that you made them seem real, and not overly ... ... lovey-dovey?

Will you think of writing another, perhaps an ongoing fic wtih this pairing? I like your writing style, and I think that it would be an interesting story to read. Please consider it!
The Fifth Champion chapter 2 . 9/2/2008
On the contrary, I thought this was very Luke-ish indeed. It's sharp and bitter and witty and hard- very much the way I feel he is portrayed in the books upon Percy discovering his betrayal. *So, from end of the first book, ON*

W_O_W: I'm reviewing this extremely late. You have to understand-from the moment I looked at the title of this, I was immediately drawn to it. "Spiderthread Untruth" Can anything possibly sound more enchanting and haunting and darkly poetic than that? *You must understand, that I kill for these sorts of things* And yet, the fact that there was an undertone of LukePercy kept me from reading it. Its not that I dislike slash/shonen-ai. I could just never see Luke *or Percy for that matter* harboring homosexual feelings-not to mention, I'm a very greedy individual, and my own personal attachment to Luke kept me from shipping him with ANYONE for quite a long time. *I can now say that I am a fairly-enthused Thunke shipper, though I still possess a strong attachment to Luke*

But this is just so gorgeous.

And again I repeat.

This is just SO GORGEOUS.

In complete honesty, you are an amazing writer. You say that you want to rewrite this? I really feel thats unnecessary. I found the wording beautiful, elegant, flawless. I sunk instantly and immediately into what was being said-was completely captivated. And *unlike what you said, apparently* I really felt like it was Luke speaking-I could almost hear his voice.

And the more I think about it-I should have you know-the more interesting and amusing the whole LukePercy thing is becoming. Seriously.

The beginning notion is mind-boggling, philosophical, richly amazing. Just in general, the idea of hate not, in fact, being the opposite of love, because a connection and feelings still exists-is brillant. And comparing it to Luke's situation with the gods is sheer genius. I can see him doing this. In my mind, Luke has always been a very reflective, idealistic, overthinker. Not the tradional intelligence of Annabeth, obviously-but someone who sits and stews over things. *Obviously, this is directly connected to his hatred of Olympus*

The actual language of this was beautiful, and I find that first person narrative is a difficult thing to pull off WELL, so lots of immense praise on that! The wording was so gorgeous, this is so well-written, I adore it: especially this one line: "What I was before reality set in and froze the bud of my childish innocence?" A "bud" of innocence is such a gorgeous metaphor, sounding so young, just blooming-verus a whole flower. And how it was frozen before it could flourish. Outstanding.

The way he speaks about demigods-the way he talks of the gods-so crisply, firmly, so assuredly-sounds just like him in everyway. In fact, I really feel like you've characterized him perfectly *at least in my opinion* so I don't understand why you think it sounds un-Luke-ish. In fact, his steady determination and obstinate belief in the righteousness of his crusade only makes it more obvious that he has doubts-in a subtle, begruding way, that is very much how I see Luke. The constant repeating of "I don't have anything to regret" especially when it applies to Percy, makes the bitterness and slight questioning very obvious.

And the line about Percy's smile was so *uberly!* sweet and sad, I loved it so much! You really make me actually LIKE the LukePercy pairing, which s a major compliment, because I seriously don't think that Luke is gay. But I won't deny, the way you describe the tension, the longing, the begruding nature-how they are on opposite sides, makes it all extremely intriguing and interesting.

The dream is so bittersweet, so perfect. I feel like its definitely symbolic-but I'm afraid that I'll butcher its wonder if I guess. It gave me this choking sensation I feel when very emotional, powerful, and climatic moments are reached, smothering you so that you can't breathe. Its so good.

I knew it was Percy, somehow, you conveyed it very well, through subtle means. This whole piece, in a quiet sort of way, is really centered on Luke's thoughts on Percy, isn't it? Somehow, that single motion: "You stood there, smiling and holding out your hand" and those words "'Come on, let’s go sit on the roof or something and watch the rest of the sunset, okay? It’s nice tonight.'" make me want to cry. They are simple, yet full of meaning. A friendship *well, in this story's case, relationship* that could never exist, except for in dreams. Its haunting. Somehow...*I'm going on a huge rant now, please forgive me* since you described this at sunset, I picture Percy lost in this warm, yellowy, blinding light of the dying sun. You know, like the moment when the sun is sinking to the horizon, and shrouds everything in its last rays, so that everything becomes a dark silhoutte surrounded by golden light? *Am I just ranting senselessly?* Well, I picture Luke blinded in that light-so that all he really sees is the outline of Percy, the slightest image of his face in the shadows of sun. I feel the the idea of him holding out his hand-its like a gesture of peace, which is bittersweet, because its full of longing, but very obviously can never be reached.

Oh, and I love this part, its so sharp and clever, cynical:"Remember what talented liars Hermes’ children are? Of course you do, and you’re probably frowning and wondering what percentage of this letter is made up of those world-class lies. I’ll make it easy and tell you: Everything except the last 587 words, and the ones after them." It was so clever, left my eyebrows raised and a smirk on my lips. Wonderful.

The ending is phenomenal. Okay, I'll admit it. You made me like the LukePercy shipping. You truly did. Despite the fact that I still don't believe that Luke is gay, I found myself drinking in and loving these complicated feelings Luke has-and the ending is just so magnificent. I love the way its cut short, so abruptly, before the words can be said, leaving it up to the imagination. So close-but it will never be said. I'll admit that I think *and hope. See what you've done to me?* that the words are "I'm sorry and I love you." I'll even go so far as to say that I'm longing for Percy's reaction-if he would ever even read this, but I think you're right to leave it vague. It gives power to the piece.

I love how the ending is this hurried, dramatic bit-so gorgeously and perfectly done. Its not too fast, and the abrupt cut off leaves you shocked and amazed. I adore how it seems to be Luke's final, last minute, his dying message-and in this moment of truth, he admits "what I now feel is the wrong side" and that he's actually sorry. This is why I love Luke's character so much. He's so interesting, so complicated. He's definitely not a hero, but he's not a normal villian. I truly think I'll be one of the few who sobs if he dies at the end of the series. ;;

The textbook finish...chilling, haunting, so amazing. I fall over, dead, in wonder and awe at this. Seriously. First off, the titles are outstanding, so cool and creative. I particularly love "Turncoat's War" and "Western Civilization: Its Genesis, Its Fall, Its Resurrection?" its sounds so much like a block of real history, like a literal textbook. And the reference to Chiron was excellent-ties back to the book, to everything.

I think I particularly like the textbook ending because, besides the utter creativity of you coming up with this, its cold-after we see directly into the mind and heart of Luke, his death is summed up in a sentence, detached, no speak of regrets or anything, just plain facts. And of course, the fact that it was Percy who killed Luke is so bitterly ironic and beautiful that I could almost smack you in my envy. It leaves this tight knot in my chest.

I wish I could be better at reviewing, so I could truly understand how this piece made me feel-but I think the only thing I can say is that I truly admire you and this piece of work. Its the type that will stay with me, stay on my mind, and I'll obsess over it. Its so sad, so tragic, so lovely, so deeply bitter. I adored every minute of it-I truly respect you, and above all, I hope you never stop writing.

If you want *though you very obviously don't have too!* I also wrote a fanfic about Luke-though, in opposition to yours, its takes place in the PAST, before Luke betrayed the gods. Its actually a long chapter fic, but unfortunately I've had it on hiatus for a while...You see, I'm writing this orignial work that I'm really excited about *its 200 pages! I never wrote so much in just one story before!* and I feel like if I wrote anything else alongside it, I would get distracted. But I do hope to return to my Luke story once I finish my orignial work. I would be honored if you gave it a shot. *Note: I actually don't like the first chapter so much as the following*

Thanks so much for this amazing story. We need more like this on fanfiction. This is totally going under my faves. And you're also going down as a favorite author. Yay!
Musafreen chapter 2 . 7/1/2008
I liked it. A lot. I think it was beautifully written, and really brought out emotions.

*tear* Wish you'd write more. Really. Hunting through the fandom is becoming harder by the day.

I overstep. Anyway, good job!
Lady Sardonyx chapter 1 . 6/6/2008
*happy sigh*

It's so tragic and dark and angsty and *rambles*

But... wow. And the textbook ending was impressive.
Seran Hawthorne chapter 1 . 6/6/2008
Simply amazing. Sweet and sad and heartbreakingly beautiful.

I never realized how much I liked the journal entry type fics...huh, thanks. I might have to keep that in mind now.
Jovial Reader chapter 2 . 10/16/2007
Like- woah. I know, I'm not much of a reviewer but stories like this one just kind of leave you.. speechless. This was written OMGOMGAWESOMELY and you get a ChInKsTa!trophy ..! Happy days _ ..

-cough- yay for SLASH. You made my day :) !
the original KeT chapter 2 . 10/8/2007
o-o You took an entire chapter to write your AN? dood.

I liked the careful formality of the writing style, btw.
the original KeT chapter 1 . 10/8/2007
So much hinting and half-buried truths! _ Whoa, I'm dumbstruck. The ending (textbook notes?) majorly smacked me in the face. I want to see a story set after this Turncoat's War, or during. Lots of angst and tragedy and death.

So so so. The last sentence. Whazzup there? 8o

(faintly nosebleeds over imagined images of Percy's confession) Hey, that would make a good humor fic.
cheesey little hobbitses chapter 2 . 7/14/2007
Wow! This is a lovely piece of work. I don't know if this is sort of un-Luke-ish, because he lies so often. The cruel irony of his death...beautiful. I wish my school textbooks were this interesting! The last line makes my inner fangirl happy.
MrsPiccolosWife chapter 2 . 7/14/2007
Absolutely fantastic! Oh, gods, you're amazing! Luke's emotions were a nice contrast from the books. I loved how you made it like a textbook entry or something. If the last line is what I think it's meant to be, then I am a very happy fangirl.