Reviews for At the End
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 6/12
This makes me think of all of those people whose voices Ani heard, crowding around the three and watching, waiting, encouraging, hoping...
Brilliant fic.
MercuryMan chapter 1 . 6/5
Just great! Very thoughtful rumination on this scene that has always been difficult for me to justify in some ways. Very well done.
Gigira chapter 1 . 5/6
Wow. This is just incredible. Poetic, philosophical, moving, very abstract and at the same time so concrete. So many levels, that's wonderful, there is horror and revolt in this, yet it is also a reflection on pain and truth and life and death... And that language. Boy, that language. I don't think I've ever read anything that original, that special, and holding so much meaning at the same time. I'm awed. Congratulations and thank you for sharing it.
QueenPersephoneofHades chapter 1 . 11/12/2015
This is absolutely stunning. Wonderful imagery. Gut-wrenching emotion. The end is also a beginning; I might be crying a little bit right now. Brilliant job!
Brievel chapter 1 . 4/8/2015
Deeply, painfully poignant.
Frodogenic's Apprentice chapter 1 . 5/15/2011
THAT WAS CONFUSING, SSSSsOOOOOooooOO CONDUSING. BUT, I SUPPOSE YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THE AUTHOR'S MOTIVE. SOMETHING I DID NOT DO...
StarGirl chapter 1 . 3/20/2011
This is beautiful. The sentence structure is varied, your word choice is impeccable, and you ability to create believable characters is obvious. Despite some run-ons and the beginning being a tad hard to follow, this gorgeous. Very well done.
PoppyPotter chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
Wow! Amazingly written- you've captured the emotions perfectly. I truly enjoyed reading this ( even if it nearly made me cry).
Do a Barrel Roll chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
That was beautiful...and a tad depressing.
The Flying Taco chapter 1 . 6/2/2010
My eyes are tearing... beautiful.
Mathematica chapter 1 . 2/8/2009
As someone who is always reduced to bawling shamelessly - er, I mean, sniffling, because I never, never cry - at the end of ROTJ, I must say, this had me feeling tearful - er, I mean, deep and poetic. Kudos to you :)

"the color blue, suddenly an animate living thing, twisted and corrupt like all living things are, except that this makes no effort to conceal its wickedness, only arcs its way mercilessly through atmosphere and flesh alike, bound inexorably for its intended target—his heart." Lovely words, but the sentence construction is a bit awkward here. Darth Run On Sentence strikes again, I see ...

"He feels the punishment in every feather-ending of every nerve, so keenly that there is no space left in which to feel that it is not fair." I love this, it's so poetic!

"Bespin was truth. The pain in his hand is truth. He was truth." I like the short sentences here, they're very effective :)

"From out of the void float words that seem like the memory of another—the Dark Side clouds everything…" Good memory!

You nail the words really well throughout the whole thing, I love the ambiguity :)

"…I love you, Father…

Pride dies." GAH! Love, love, love.

I would say this moved me, but I am Mathematica, and I can't ever admit to words moving -

Oh, sod this.

I loved it. I reread it. I was moved.

You will be famous someday, my friend.
NobodyAtAll chapter 1 . 1/26/2009
That was fun! I like the ambiguity of it. I think you really wrote Vader/Anakin well. Many times when people write him, it seems disjointed - they can't align the Anakin Skywalker of the Prequel Trilogy with the Vader/Anakin of the Original Trilogy. You pulled it off splendidly. :)

Yay!
blank101 chapter 1 . 6/27/2008
Wow, that was intense. I really enjoyed it, particularly the reference to the Dark Side as being a cannibal, eating the Light.

Beautifully written; glad I found it.
Madman007 chapter 1 . 1/2/2008
Just read this via your review of my fic. I have been wanting to write Vader in something set earlier with Mara Jade (my two fave SW characters - both very complex people). I now have some insight into what direction I want to go based on your words. Don't worry, I will make it my own.

THIS is how to show the torment inside Anakin at this moment. On screen, and even in the novel of ROTJ, it seemed cheap compared to this. If only we could have heard those voices of his past and present it would have been special. That is to say your story is special. It did more to describe what was happening to Anakin even more than Lucas did. Bravo!

Now, if you could come up with why we saw Hayden at the "new" end of ROTJ - or is that asking too much?
Darth Indurate chapter 1 . 10/16/2007
Painfully true. I am sure Vader felt exactly like this "at the end". Engaging story that I enjoyed reading. Keep it up.