Reviews for Monochrome
Catsrawesome chapter 1 . 12/30/2014
This is an interesting theory. I liked how well it was thought out, and how beautifully it was written. Great job
Marinaaa chapter 1 . 10/20/2014
I read and reread these stories many times... and they are still beautiful... probably the best fanfiction I've read... I had to come back to them after I've finally finished the games... thank you very much for writing them...
Crimson Reaper Ragna chapter 1 . 7/18/2013
Wow, you really connected the events of SoTC and ICO well. I'm also one of those people that believes Mono becomes the Queen, and seeing a fanfic about it is amazing.

I also loved the take on the backstory of both games, something that is rarely, if ever, explained.

The whole scenario with Mono becoming the Queen simply to see Wander again is very touching, along with the way you played her cruelty while being possessed by Dormin, letting the horned children escape and then die.

The ending is very touching with the Queen finally getting her wish, and this work is nothing short of a masterpiece.
Element-OverLord chapter 1 . 5/21/2013
Such Beautiful Tragedy...Words Cannot Describe This...I'm Now Sad But Happy, Bless This Fic And It's Creator...Also This Theory Is Interesting...

GOOD LUCK!
theImp chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
that was AMAZING! this, in my opinion, was one of the most amazing interpretations of the Ico and SOTC series i have ever read! i've read other good interpretations, but this one is officially one of my favorites :D
Patriot-of-USA chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
Some part of me wonders if this is not what really happened. I always wondered about the connection between Shadow of the Colossus and Ico Your scenario is one that is not entirely impossible. You get a really great job!
Happenstance chapter 1 . 6/12/2011
Indescribably good.
LadyA.R.R.O chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
I liked this story from this angle. Very well written and I loved it, wouldn't mind seeing your work continue between Yorda and Ico.

Sincerely,

Lady Angela
StarShine47 chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
Wow. You actually made me think about who the Queen actually was XD. I guess.. in the end.. you'd do anything for your loved one. Even if it means sacrificing other people's lives \

10/10
Yuki Valons chapter 1 . 4/12/2009
I've read many interpertations of the endings for Shadow of the Colossus and ICO, but never one that went in the direction that Mono IS the Queen. But now that I've read this I certainly see it as a possibility.

Ah, its been a while since a game has made me think so much. SotC had such a sad ending for me, and apparently in ICO he may have just dreamt meeting Yorda again. But I guess that one's really up to our imaginations too. Maybe there'll be a third game that will explain SotC or ICO more XD.

Very well written! Definitely adding to favourites.
TechnicolourGrey chapter 1 . 4/8/2009
I loved this.

I agree with the theory that Mono Queen, and this has supported the idea of it even more for me. Everything fits, and in the such vivid description you have used. I really enjoyed reading this - so beautifully written, full of emotion and gives a new aspect on the Queen which I'm sure many of us have missed; all she wants to do is be reunited with her beloved.

Kudos to you

Saphira x
SoapAndTIW chapter 1 . 6/14/2008
EXTREMELY interesting! I only realized at the end that you'd been talking about Momo the entire time! As a result of this, I think I will forever think of the Queen as Momo reborn, so I commend you! And that certainly connects Wanda to Ico... Let's ignore the fact that you can see the Queen's castle in the distance in SotC :3

Exquisitely written; it's good to see writers with such an astounding command of the english language :) Bravo!
Tobu Ishi chapter 1 . 1/3/2008
It gets a little purple sometimes (though I'm certainly not one to talk about getting too purple), but this is still the best take on the Mono Queen theory I've seen yet. I may not agree with the theory, but you've done justice to the best aspects of it, and your prose is still very atmospheric and vivid. I particularly enjoyed the descriptions of Yorda and the doves-very much like the game itself, and so lonely.
MoreThanYourAveragePsycho chapter 1 . 11/18/2007
2 words:Masterpiece

Never in my life has something made so much sense as this,so cheers to you
unposh brit chapter 1 . 10/5/2007
I don't know what to say about this without making my comment as long as the story was.

You've executed the whole thing perfectly, theres not anything dull in that. I love the whole relationship thing between the queen and dormin.

10/10