Reviews for In the Blink of an Eye
Ibelieveinsam chapter 2 . 6/30/2007
I just found this story and I'm really enjoying it a lot. I like how you write the tension between the brothers and how they fear they are almost losing the relationship with one another in a way. Dean fears that Sam can do just fine without him because he went to Stanford and learned to connect with other people. Sam fears that if he can't hunt that he and Dean won't have as strong a bond with each other.

I thought you characterized Dr. McHugh really well and I liked that he and Sam shared a common bond in their grief. I love that this is Limp!Sam too. I'm nervous to see if Sam will actually regain his sight though. I can't wait to see what happens next :)
Nessie chapter 2 . 6/30/2007
Very good chapter. A lot of emotions. I love how Dean takes care of Sam and that he is sometimes jealous. I like your story a lot. Cant wait to read more. Please update soon!
amy.G chapter 2 . 6/30/2007
Wow! cool please continue this is great thanks :)
KatieLB chapter 2 . 6/30/2007
Im just glad you explained why the doc and sam got along so well... another great chapter... poor sammy and guilt ridden brother!
KatieLB chapter 1 . 6/30/2007
oh those two stubborn winchester men I swear! both so concerned with the other that they ignore their own injuries! great beginning can't wait to see whats going to happen
TraSan chapter 1 . 6/30/2007
Big thanks to Carocali for pointing me in your direction. I tend to meander about this site with a blindfold and a tail with a pin in it, trying to find the donkey...wait...no! I did not just compare you to a donkey. Awk!

Okay, wonderful, wonderful story. Some Dean whumpage and some major hurt Sam to come.

I really liked the banter, your phrasing and the storyline. Can't wait for more.
carocali chapter 2 . 6/30/2007
Wow! He really lost his vision! Holy Crap! What an intense chapter!

I love the relationship between the doctor and Sam, and how Dean was 'jealous' of it. What a nice twist to have them bond over death. Very cool!

How will they cope? What will they do? I can't wait for your next chapter...

:D

Caroline
geminigrl11 chapter 2 . 6/30/2007
Oh, wow - you have scaled up the emotional torment on this one, haven't you? Every single fic you write just gets better and better, and this is my favorite yet. Your description of Sam post-op was so realistic it had me flinching-poor boy, all confused and agitated from the double wallop of pain and wrong meds...and Dean's reactions to his pain (and TEARS).

The end though-Sam's response to hearing that the surgeyr didn't work...so horrible. And poor Dean, feeling far more guilt than he should for something he would never in a million years have made happened on purpose.

Can't wait for what's next!
ziggy.uk chapter 2 . 6/30/2007
Beautifully written chapter, and you got Dean's feelings about the Dr spot on. It was totally right that Dean was feeling as he was as he has been Sam's primary carer since he was 4 really and he is feeling usurped as Dr McHugh is able to do for Sam what he can't at the moment and Dean is feeling inadequate and sort of disorientated because of it! Plus the rapport between Sam and Dr McHugh didn't help, and Dean was jealous of it, until he knew the real reason, shared grief over losing a loved one! Great that Dr McHugh never questioned why Dean was registered as Rick but Sam called him Dean and he said to Sam, that it was Dean when he came to his side after the operation!

Sad that the operation wasn't a success and they both have to come to terms with Sam being blind in one eye now. Sam adjusting to life one sighted is not going to be easy for a while and Dean is going to be eaten up with guilt for his bored prank for quite some time!

Sam also is going to be worried that if he can't hunt Dean won't need him, and he really needs Dean. But he should know too that Dean needs him just as much, hunting or no hunting!

Pity there is no miracle cure for Sam's vision, guess as he left it a few days before anyone knew about the detached retina there was less chance of the operation working!

Amazing update, the detail was fantastic and the writing superb, as always!
Floralia chapter 2 . 6/30/2007
Poor Sammy. You really don’t believe in the leaving them more or less as you found them do you ;-).

I loved this, and I though Dean’s reaction to the doctor was believable. I liked the explanation behind it though. Very sweet, and it’s nice to have Sam’s grief acknowledged every now and again, even if it has been a while. I really didn’t expect Sam to be blind though. That’s going to take some adjusting too. Obviously I’m loving Dean’s guilt, and Sam’s insecurity he’ll lose Dean too because of this.
mollieclarke chapter 2 . 6/30/2007
aww poor sam

excellent chapter

plz update soon
kokomocalifornia chapter 1 . 6/30/2007
oh! i love it already!
Onari chapter 2 . 6/30/2007
oh, babe, don't worry about Dean's response to the doctor. I loved it, really, I thought it was perpectly undesrtandable (I was kinda getting the same feeling myself in the first chapter, before Dean started to feel wary) As a matter of fact, If I were him, I would have been very pissed at the world for not having been there when Sam woke up and took off his bandages. Sedated again without Dean in the room? I'd have tore the hospital apart!

Not that it wasn't what they had to do, considering that Dean wasn't there, but that's how I would have felt. Yeah, I'm a bit over protective too ;-)

Excellent story!

Update soon!

Love xx
DontKnowMyName chapter 2 . 6/29/2007
ah I still love it. I thought dean was going to be dreaming though cause I really though sam was going to be alright. I kept waiting for there to be a twist but it never came which in itself was a twist lol. Great job! Update again soon pleasE!
Julie chapter 2 . 6/29/2007
Good chapter! Update soon! : )
73 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »