Reviews for In the Blink of an Eye
Phx chapter 2 . 6/29/2007
I felt Dean's response to the doctor was spot on.

In fact I would have been surprised if he hadn't been jealous and a bit suspicious/leery of the man's attention to Sam.

Dean is not used to shouldering the responsibility for his brother with anyone, not even John. We have seen, from the show, that the relationship Sam had with his father was intense, to say the least, so I would expect that the role of comforter was very often put on Dean's shoulders. Not that John didn't love his boys, it was just the way it worked out.

And we have seen how quickly Dean falls back into that role as soon as he realizes Sam really needs it from him. Dean only has problems being chick-flicky when it involves Dean... When it involves Sam and it is something Sam needs to work through, Dean is willing to talk. But more importantly he is willing to listen...

I loved that the doctor does open Dean's eyes about the true context of his and Sam's 'relationship' and it is so sweet. Sometimes it is easy to forget Sam's grief over losing Jessica in light of other things.

But now on to the rest of the chapter. I LOVED it. I totally inhaled hurtingSam, worriedDean (my favorite combination) and I loved that you didn't 'forget' that Dean was recovering too. And that you had the medical staff making sure Dean didn't overdo it. And of course, complications for Sam only sweeten the chapter for me.

And the staff thinking Dean/Rick and Sam were a 'couple' made me laugh out out. You nailed it. It bugs Dean, but doesn't bother Sam. So true!

But most importantly. WOW. You partially blinded Sam! Wow. And guiltyDean realizing the true reprecussions of his prank - aw...

So now I am dying to see how they are going to manage. And, I can't forget to add, wah, poor Sam thinking Dean will want to ditch him if he can't hunt! Poor kid!

I can't wait to read on!
JoyofReading chapter 2 . 6/29/2007
Just found this story. I was surprised that the surgery didn't work, but I also thought he might be having a stroke too. I'm glad he didn't.

I look forward to more.
Still Awesome2009 chapter 2 . 6/29/2007
sad, sam's blind in one eye. I can relate. I'm legally blind, anyway great chapter. Update soon
tona234angel chapter 2 . 6/29/2007
awesome job. can't wait to see where else this goes.
maxandkiz chapter 2 . 6/29/2007
That was wonderful! I loved Dean's reaction to the Dr. and Sam hitting it off. Didn't expect what happened when the bandages came off. What will they do now? Maybe go to Bobby's for awhile. Hope Sam can adjust.
sammygirl1963 chapter 2 . 6/29/2007
Dang, you suprised me with the ending of this chapter, I just knew Sam would have his vision back in that eye. Dean is going to have a time getting Sam to accept the change in his life nowespecially with Sam probably thinking that Dean will leave him behind if he can't hunt!
Fafa Fai chapter 2 . 6/29/2007
Oh god this was really good, this had funny moments *thanks to Dean of course* and sad moments like Sammy crying after the surgery and finding out the now is half blind. But wow this was really a perfect chapter. I knew sammy will be blind of an eye.
Poaetpainter chapter 2 . 6/29/2007
You write your emotions with such a direct aim. Amazing chapter. I admit towards the end I placed my hand over my own right eye, you know... testing it out..
friendly chapter 2 . 6/29/2007
great job.. this is really good..
maxandkiz chapter 1 . 6/29/2007
Awesome start! Dean already feels guilty about Sam getting hurt in the accident. He's going to feel even worse for not making sure Sam got checked out.

Can't wait to see what's wrong with Sam.
Fafa Fai chapter 1 . 6/29/2007
Good the way Dean was acting when the doctor was being nice with his Sammy. Ou typical, Sammy didn't go to the doctors for be with his brother. well now he is half blind and Dean is o going to feel guilty.
Floralia chapter 1 . 6/29/2007
Wow, there was just loads going on. I love your whoozy Sam, and Dean's uncomfortableness watching the doctor be the one to support him. Great start.
EnglishLass chapter 1 . 6/29/2007
Can't wait for the next chapter. You've got a great relationship going between Dean and Sam, that shows how much they worry about each other
mollieclarke chapter 1 . 6/29/2007
excellent start

plz update soon
Nate and Jake chapter 1 . 6/29/2007
It is very good so far. UPdate soon.
73 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »