Reviews for Underdark
Autumnights chapter 4 . 7/31/2009
That. Was. The. Most. Amazing. Thing.

Holy crap! how did you even do that? You mastered Mikey's POV and kept a great balance of drama, humor, suspense and angst. That was just amazing. Well done. An absolute favorite.
Scribe of Turesa chapter 4 . 7/14/2009
WOW! It was good I was so caught up in it I forgot to review until now...very good job!
Alonein-Darkness7 chapter 4 . 7/7/2009
This has got to be one of the greatest Ninja Turtles fics I have ever read-and I've read a lot. I honestly just can't even elaborate on why this fic is so awesome or else I'd just be copying and pasting the entire tale!
thehappystalkerball chapter 4 . 6/14/2009
Wow, that was a great story! Haha, it's crazy when you're one-shots suddenly become multi-chapter fics! I was so worried about Leo and Mikey for quite awhile, some scary stuff!

I loved reading it from Mikey's fun and hysterical point of view, it was amusing and funny, but at the same time you didn't miss the seriousness of the situation. You could really feel the hopelessness there towards the end of their dark, seemingly never ending journey! Wow, that was great, I loved it! I'm so glad you took the time out to write and post it for us all to read. Thanks!
moderina chapter 4 . 6/6/2009
So, I just have to say this because I absolutely love this story. I've read it through so many times and it's fantastic everytime.

I think what I love most about this story is your characterizations of the two. Leo is nice and protective and stubborn as usual, but you also explore him in a light manner, Mikey evaluating or moreso realizing how deep Leo really is. Your Leo I think is the quintessential older brother, loving and not so overbearing.

However, Mikey definitely steals my full praise on this one, and not simply because the story is through his persepctive. It is an accepted fact that Mikey is most likely the youngest of the turtles (despite the fact that age difference is probably by seconds, but whatever). But what rubs me the wrong way with a lot of the fiction on this site, or any fan-depiction of Mikey really, is that too many people play up the "baby" image way too much. Mikey is usually protrayed as an extraordinarly naive, blubbering child; sometimes I have to remind myself that he isn't a few years younger than the rest of them. This really bugs me because I feel it really doesn't do Mikey as a character justice at all.

You on the other hand, gave him that justice. Your Mikey, while still retaining that wicked sense of humour :), over-the-top imagination and the ability to scream like a girl, acted and sounded to me like his age, which is practically the same age as his o-so-serious brother he is stuck in the sewers with. He evaluates things with his own brand of Mikey-maturity and proves he knows what's going on and what he has to do in this tough situations, unlike other Mikeys whose roles are excentuated through his sweet child innocence to these sorts of things (I've never understood why Mikey wouldn't understand tragedy while the other do, sure he might be affected by it differently, but he's not totally oblivious to the workings of the world). I can safely say that your Mikey acted and sounded like an actual teenage mutant ninja turtle instead of a PREteen mutant ninja turtle. I don't know if this was your goal in writing him, but I can tell you that this base of a character really allowed for a fantastic story of brother bonding to emerge and really grabbed me as reader and fan from the moment Mikey started talking about explosions.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that I would like to thank you for your refreshing and in my mind, extraordinarily successful take on Michaelangelo and I hope you continue to use your talent at writing as it is truly amazing!
Godsliltippy chapter 4 . 6/4/2009
So I'm surfing through Deviantart and i come across this amazing picture of Leo and Mikey from a scene in chapter 2... so very glad i did! This was amazing! I love the first person perspective! It was very easy to imagine the pain and distress they were going through. Very well written! Thanks so much for sharing it with us!

Lots o love!

Tippy
KeepYerCoolGreenBean chapter 1 . 5/30/2009
I believe I commented on this fic once before, but I just have to say:

I read it-probably-about six to eight months ago...I've reread it maybe ten times since then. Every time I read it...it...gets...BETTER.

Mikey's continuous monologue is spot on perfection, and the fact that there are equal parts of amusement and suspense is amazing. I love the fact that the characters are themselves and the story engages you through the step by step moments, even though it's told from the perspective of someone who cannot see his surroundings!

Brilliant! You are a genius!

I offer you cookies and my undying gratitude for giving me something I can enjoy over and over again. .

Leo...Mikey...for the suffering you have endured in the making of this fic...I salute you! Now enjoy your ice cream and tea shake...and/or Raph's beer.
Jade chapter 4 . 5/25/2009
Hi,

your story is realy great. Thank you :-)

Jade, Germany
TrisakAminawn chapter 1 . 5/15/2009
Totally should not be reviewing this when my automatic comments run to Ninja-Turtle-ignorant observations like 'real turtles have not got ribs.' It's a fun read anyway, though. Fond of Mikey. Should sleep. Also wondering about why they aren't reptiles. I think I saw an animated video where they /could/ take off their shells...freaked me out, I can tell you, since a turtle out of its shell is a dead pile of organs...
finem chapter 4 . 4/27/2009
This is such an amazing story. I can't even begin to say how much I enjoyed reading it. Everything was just so well put together, pulled at heart strings one moment and sent blood pressure through the roof in the next. Amazing job with Mikey's voice, Leo's behavior, and just...man. It was so cool seeing Mikey taking care of business. Executed with a perfect balance of self-deprecating panic and thinking on his feet. Also very cool to see Leo to the rescue but have the two of them working together to get out a very bad situation.

Ack! I loved it so much. I Keep reading this baby over and over, the brotherly moments in particular. That part at the end of last chapter with Raph and Mikey made me want to squeeze them both so hard. Thank you for writing this. Thank you for sharing it. It is amazing. Can't say that enough. ok...that's all...
Nicole Silverwolf chapter 4 . 4/13/2009
Thanks so much for writing this. I haven't watched this series...in years! Your piece is compelling and really atmospheric. Leo and Mike's bond is a wonderful thing to see strengthen as this fic progresses. I enjoyed it immensely.
batfan7 chapter 4 . 3/20/2009
This is a fantastic story! Brilliantly written. I don't usually like the first-person ones, but this was so well done that I hardly even noticed. Mikey and Leo were also extremely well written - very in-character. Having the whole thing in Mikey's perspective definitly made this story. I mean, it would have been interesting to see some of the other turtle's views, but I honestly dont' think it would have added anything and possibly taken some away from the empathy towards Mikey's thoughts and emotions.

Anyway, excellent story! I'm glad I found it!
Nightwatcher'sunknowngirl chapter 4 . 3/14/2009
That was one AWESOME read. Vary EXCITING!

Just loved it.:)

Keep up the good work and thanks for the great read,

W
Nightwatcher'sunknowngirl chapter 3 . 3/14/2009
THAT WAS TOTALLY AWESOME!:)
Nightwatcher'sunknowngirl chapter 2 . 3/14/2009