Reviews for Underdark
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 2 . 7/6/2007
Argh! Will it never end? I'm on tenterhooks here, waiting to see if Leo and Mikey will ever make it out of that thrice-accursed and horribly uncooperative tunnel.

The grate was just a crowning glory in a series of disasters. It seems so unfair for them to get that far only to have some stupid bits of metal stop them, and I won't even go into the heartbreak of what happened next, just in case there's someone out there reading the reviews before reading the chapter.

The more I read your TMNT stories, the more I like Leo. He's always thinking of others and being absurdly noble. Mikey too is having his fits and spurts of heroism. I love that he's constantly monitering Leo for signs he's worsening, and that he sometimes is a bit slow in figuring things out, but tries hard anyhow. Their personalities are so different and you're doing a great job of keeping them distinct from one another that I feel almost as if I know them.

Great use of suspence too, in the processing Mikey's brain had to do to figure out what happened to Leonardo.

Great job, and good luck with the next chapter.
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 7/6/2007
Hah! You quoted the original Superman movie! "Lois Lane eat your heart6 out" indeed!

Good description of the fall through the water. I especially liked the part where Michelangelo likened trying to breathe during his wild descent with trying to inhale with a shower nozzle jammed in your face.

The relationship between Mikey and Leo is endearingly rendered. Mikey plays the goofball clown of a younger sibling really well, but his affection for Leo and concern comes through clearly. His lame jokes are a tension relieving device, and if he can make his uber-serious older brother laugh, so much the better. I never thought I'd ever enjoy a story in the Teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtles genre quite so much.
T420000 chapter 2 . 7/6/2007
aw NO this is so damn good man ur talented. i mean..even the parts that are just trudging throughthe mud..a normal person'd be like..forget this its not important. but it really is..it makes us just feel how ...crappy it is u know? god its good keep wririntg and update soon man.
Pyrinsomniac chapter 2 . 7/5/2007
AH! The SUSPENSE!

On the other hand, love your use of setting and characterization, and the way you write Mikey's POV. You've pulled it off admirably.

More, please!
Donny's Girl chapter 2 . 7/5/2007
oh freaking wow. i have no clue what to say haha! this is beautiful, man. love it. leo may not be my favorite turtle, but i definately love him in this fic. he's very leo-like, but not the kind of leo-ness that i hate hehe :P this is a really creative idea...plot bunnies have strange imaginations, don't they :P i myself don't get visited by plot bunnies anymore...and the very few that do visit me have multiple mental disabilities. meh. anyway! nuff about me! I LOVE IT! continue soon. or i shall come after you. do not doubt me mwahahahaha!

...ha.

LOVELY JOB!

xoxo DG
doc-trigger chapter 2 . 7/4/2007
OMG! This is freakin awsome! I'm loving the fic so far, and I can't wait for an update. Poor Mikey and Leo. I have no idea how you're going to get them out of this without makeing things worse for both Leo and Mikey, unless you have Don and Raph find them, but that seems like much too simple an answer for what you've got going here. So, I will sit and wait (semi)patiently for an update.

BYE!
jainga chapter 1 . 7/4/2007
I love this. I was a huge turtles fan like eleven or twelve years ago. Havn't seen their latest movie yet, but saw this fic on the favorites of one of the other authors I follow and thought "What the heck, I'll give it a try." It's great! It's actually had me digging through my old VHS's looking for the recourdings I have of the original cartoon.

Update soon please.
LadyLeo chapter 2 . 7/3/2007
EK! You must post more! This story is absolutely excellent. You give so much depth to the characters...and the jokes are timeless. I already have about fifty favorite Mikey and Leo quotes from these two chapters alone! Please update soon! Now I'm off to peruse your other fics...
memyselfandi89 chapter 2 . 7/2/2007
Haha! Sweet! No I'm not coming after your blood just as long as you get that next chapter up soon. What else is left to go wrong? Seriously, they've practically gone through the entire book. You know what's really cool about this (aside from them getting the crap beaten out of them and such) is that Mikey isn't coming across as stupid. He's still acting just like himself but you've got his thought process going really well and it's pretty cool. Now you might be thinking 'huh never even thought about it'. Well even if it wasn't exactly intentional it's awesome. Please tell me you're writing the third part quickly! Please!
lost-katana chapter 2 . 7/2/2007
Can I simply say: 'Awesome!'?

Seriously, I started it thinking, 'Okay, another interesting little tale.' But a quarter way into the first chapter I was finding my way onto the edge of my seat. This is amazing.

I love Mikey and Leo interactions. They don't happen often and you are writing both characters flawlessly!

And now here I am... drooling over my keyboard in anticipation of the next chapter. I have GOT to know what happens next! Please! You got to tell me before I leave to go on vacation Wednesday!

Excellent job! Please update soon!
FonziesLeatherJacket chapter 2 . 7/2/2007
Wow just wow...this quite possibly is the best Leo and Mike story I have ever read. I really like the pair of them, and this is just fantastic. I wait with baited breath for the next one!
sunbune chapter 2 . 7/2/2007
"Thus proving yet again that Leo is a spooky-ass mind reader with far too much pride."

lol, wow. I love you Mikey.

"...standard horror movie cliché. I know Leo will end up doing that to us all one day"

that thought gave me actual goosebumps. You better not EVER do anything of the kind, Leo.

This is masterfully written. It's like I'm right there with them, trying not to panic as I feel my way through the "underdark". It's better than a live-action movie.
sunbune chapter 1 . 7/2/2007
...whoa... I'm in awe.

It's captivating. I'm more worried about Leo than Mikey at this point.

Mikey is irresistible with his jokes and clever comments. "Film at eleven." Grin! I love him so much. You've written him, and his insightful perceptions of Leo, so perfectly.
narutosfangurl chapter 2 . 7/2/2007
YAY! You updated! That makes me very happy! I really like the way you have described everything. It feels like I'm right there in the tunnels with them. Your descriptions are so realistic. I wish I could do that. *pouts* Anyway, please finish the next chapter soon! I can't wait to see what happens next! I just hope that the anticipation doesn't kill me! LoL

NFG
Khrysalis chapter 2 . 7/1/2007
Much to my amusement, I've had to take several breaks reading part two. Not because I needed breaks, but because every so often I had to leave to take care of other things. Every time I had to leave off, I was going crazy, wondering what was going on next. Not helped when part two ended.

This story is incredible. The sensations. How feverish Leo must have felt trying to wade through icy water, Mikey banging his head again, little jolts of fear as Mikey battling with gravity during his climb. My favorite part was the brief moment that they could see each other. Mikey clinging there, Leo's eyes going wide.

I think another favorite thing about this story is the way Mikey and Leo have to sense each other because they can't actually see each one another. The reactions of their hands when they hold on to each other to stay together in the darkness, and especially the way their voices sound, changed by stress and emotion. Cleverly, masterfully written.

Don't worry; I trust you. And your blood is better suited where it is because I need you to be writing the rest of this wonderful, wonderful fic. Shall wait patiently. Well, you'll perceive it as patience, anyway... (-grin-)
368 | « Prev Page 1 .. 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 .. Last Next »