Reviews for A Place for Warriors
AmazingHefi chapter 28 . 3/5
Let me tell you something. This story exceeded my expectations. I was pretty sure it would be a generic happy ending, Snape being someone else but who he is - a bitter man through and through. You did change him but it wap gradual and he stayed human. Harry too. Certainly, he was a bit more bitter and less disillusioned about Albus but he was more than in the Canon. I like that.

I like the plot , the story structure and character development. I like the comradeship between two lost boys. I like brief moments of fluff carefully hidden in anger and disappointment and pain.

I love this story more than I have expected.
Selene-of-the-Moon2 chapter 19 . 2/13
I DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT EXACTLY IS HAPPENING, BUT I LIKE IT!
AfterTheEpilogue chapter 11 . 2/9
I love this story a ridiculous amount. I think you've captured Snape's and Harry's personalities better than just about any other fanfiction I've ever read.

I have to get up for work in just a few hours, but I still can't stop reading!
MusicMelis chapter 28 . 2/1
Wonderful story, wouldn't mind a sequel someday hint hint! )
RissaGrace17 chapter 28 . 1/13
This was an amazing story with incredible writing! You have captured the mindset of Harry and Snape more accurately, in my opinion, than I would have ever thought possible. I really enjoyed reading this! Thanks for writing!
Eaze chapter 28 . 1/5
I know that you peobably don't read comments anymore, but I just wanted to thank you for writing something so beautiful as this. It was well-written and I really enjoyed your style of writing.
Looking forward to more of your work,
Ania
Guest chapter 28 . 12/20/2016
Amazing. Took the Rowling story and smashed it till we had every piece laid out before us to see with your description.
halfpennybuddha chapter 19 . 12/20/2016
This is an amazing fic - extremely well written with brilliantly flushed out characters and a great plot line. Unfortunately I just can't get past the dumbledore bashing enough to complete it, which is strange since a little dumbledore bashing usually doesn't bother me. Perhaps it's the sheer intensity of it. But it is really great, and I hope you continue to write. You have a great talent for it.
Eruhin chapter 28 . 11/29/2016
I enjoyed this story a lot! I loved Harry (and that's a compliment because God knows he's often annoyed me in the books), I loved Snape and I loved the evolution of their relationship. Not sure whether I completely share your view of Dumbledore, but that didn't stop me from enjoying the fic ;)
V-Vendetta chapter 28 . 11/4/2016
I've read this with rapt attention, completely enraptured by the story, the analysis of both Professor Severus Snape and Harry James Potter. You've caused me to stay up late when I had work or college the next morning, forgoing sleep to instead read this story. I got to the end and I had the most...warm content feeling in my heart. Thank you for the read.

-V
Guest chapter 28 . 10/23/2016
Good story, a round of applause from this corner. I love the psychoanalysis of the characters and the many situations. I also love how you didn't sugar coat the reality of the tough topics of abuse and neglect that would have made the story lose depth and unrealistic. I don't like when some fics make this topic all happy and sickly bearable when it is not. It's no fun when people who are suppose to protect and love are the ones who despise and hurt you. Also, I strongly agree and have many arguments because i could never understand why Lily would dis a close childhood friend for one humiliating slip up. You would think that she would know him and at least understand. But then again, my experience is from people abandoning me to be with the 'in' groups. However, good story, good details to the books and well written. Thanks for sharing, I honestly enjoyed it. well done.
curbsidepuke chapter 28 . 10/13/2016
I read this once before, or twice, in stages long before Snape and Harry ever left the Room.

I am very glad it was finished.
Guest chapter 28 . 8/7/2016
This is, hands down, THE most well-written Harry and Snape fics I've ever read. You show the progress of their relationships and the intricacies of their character so masterfully, it's like you actually knew them personally for years.
I like Harry, but you make me absolutely fall in LOVE with your Harry. You make him someone that hurt so much, but loves so deeply, someone that is strong in mind and character. And your Snape. Don't even get me started on him. You took someone from an abusive background, someone that can still turn to abuse in his darker moments, and you make him try —and succeed to form a relationship that's positive and beneficial rather than abusive. Time and again we see Snape and Harry clash with each other, see the, make mistakes (and how!), but they always seek to understand their conflicts and resolve them. And this is so important. The ability to respect each other and resolve conflicts is the most important aspect of a healthy relationship, and you really got that down in your story.
But what I really love most about this story is how it shows us that broken people can, and do heal and move forward with life. I need more stories like this in my life. Truly. It's easy to take something good and turn it into hell to evoke tears from your readers. Darkness in life stay with us; we are naturally predisposed towards it. But building something up from what's broken and bleeding takes so much work and skill and dedication. And you did it so beautifully.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Guest chapter 8 . 8/5/2016
Okay, I read the reviews, and you probably won't ever see this, but maybe someone else will.
To the guest that was railing about misogyny: I think you had a major misunderstanding. Harry was not blaming his mother for Snape's actions. Nor did he believe women are responsible for the wrongs committed by men. Seriously? If Snape had been female and Lily was his father, I can see him having the same response. He would still find it harsh and feel that *he* should have done more for *her*, he would still think that he would have done more in *his* place.
Harry, despite all his faults, is a very forgiving person. More importantly, he was *projecting* himself. That was made clear in the later part of the chapter. As a "freak" and a bullied misfit, he empathised with Snape for the abusive childhoods they had in common. What Harry believed happened was not necessarily what actually happened, but he was considering things from his own perspective. He valued his own friendships highly where familial ones had failed him. Of course *Harry* would consider it harsh if Ron or Hermione walked out on him because of an insult or never helped him when he was sliding into darkness! — Never mind those were not all there were to the circumstances surrounding the whole Lily and Snape scenario. Snape was not as innocent or blameless as Harry thought he was, but Harry didn't have all the information. Even if he knew on some logical level, he was emotionally predisposed against it.
I know this is a serious issue and I admire your sense of social justice — we need a lot more people that are willing to call out this sort of bs that's spreading through media and influencing people unaware. But please, *please*, don't jump the gun about this. Read and judge the contents carefully before you decide to feel insulted and accuse people of being prejudiced bigots, lest you run the risk of sounding unfairly judgmental yourself.
the-dandiest-of-lions chapter 8 . 7/13/2016