Reviews for A Place for Warriors
Janie.ohio chapter 8 . 9/20
this was interesting, though you lost me when you sweetie tended to present tense. thanks for sharing
Galx20 chapter 28 . 9/12
When Dumbledore manipulated Harry and Snape with the truth serum that was unexpected and well written. The story was very good and I'm probably going to read it again very soon.
alfamky chapter 21 . 7/5
oh but sometimes I wish it would. Turn into slash that is. But that would also ruin the delicate balance you've constructed already. Pity...
chessie517 chapter 28 . 5/31
This was an amazing story. Ive favorited over 500 stories on my account and ready hundreds more that did not make it to the list, but this story is one of the best I've had the pleasure to find. If you ever pick up the quill again, I'd be all to eager to immerse myself in the world you flawlessly created. Thank you so much.
enahma chapter 1 . 5/23
I have been reading fanfics since 2001, and yours is still one of the best fics I've met. Your characterization of Snape is so spot on I cannot even praise enough. Their slowly changing relationship is totally believable, sometimes a bit painful (to read about and to feel about), yet, it's the fourth time I've read it in the last 7 years, and that's a big praise because I scarcely read fanfictions anymore. I even have it in my ebook reader. But now, I decided to leave at least one review, because you deserve much more than one.
My favourite part of the fic is when they are finally out of the Room and begin to try out how to behave around each other - Snape the git who has never loved before ( I guess Lily was an obsession rather than a love), and the abused and teenager Harry. I loved that you did not alienate Harry and his friends either. Well done.
Thank you for such an interesting, intriguing and refreshing read!
Skia Shadow chapter 28 . 4/2
I know this is quite a bit after the end of this story, but I loved it so much I had to review. A total of three times, your writing brought me to tears, and books rarely do that. You write nuance so well, one can really see all the sides of the issue. And the scene where Harry destroys Ariana’s picture- it was beautiful and heartbreaking. Especially Dumbledore’s reaction. Up till that scene, it is easy to completely vilify Dumbledore. But that one scene portrays the complexity behind everything, behind the decisions we make, the complexity in just being human. And the issues with Snape’s violence; after reading this, it would be extremely hard to think of things in just black and white. I loved this fanfic, your writing is truly amazing. -Skia
cullengirlfan chapter 28 . 3/19
I loved your story line! Shape getting to know Harry over time and excepting his own flaws through Harry's acceptance of him was very beautiful.
optionofpeace chapter 1 . 2/10
I signed up to this site just to leave my... well, my absolute gratitude.
I came here with close to no expectations, just a mere wish to find something that would resonate with my dreams of a perfect harry-snape fic, and it completely over-exceeded my most vivid dreams. I rarely love fictons, I like them, enjoy etc, but this one felt like you have taken all my wishes about the pair and its relationship and put it into book-lenght writing - and SO WELL written! - with such a cool concept and despite the extremes both Harry and Snape had to endure you wrote them magically SO in character!
I LOVED how you did not make Snape call Harry ''Harry'', as it usually goes with stories like these - do ooc imo. And in those bits of moments Snape actually did call him that, it was the most heartbreaking feeling, so fragile, it was like reading the sound of shattering glass - am I making any sense haha?
I LOVED the concept of them going through angst-promoting challenges, the riddles, the room changes; you exploited the world of magic that JKR created in perfection.
I LOVED that you also clothed my personal dislike towards Dubledore in such... correct and just way. You did not let him off. You showed that under everything he is a manipulator - a sad, damaged man, but nevertheless a manipulator - and even that had so many sides and shades; nothing was black and white in your writing and it absolutely adore that.
I LOVED how well you write damaged characters. It was real, it was a suspended, fragile balance between the extremes that many writers can't manage, yet you did.
I LOVED how you knew that Snape is a complicated, so is Dumbledore, and Harry is just a product of wide spectrum of consequences, and you did not seek to write the perfect world, the perfect characters that always make the perfect choices or will not make the same mistakes ever again. I guess this overlaps with my love of your skill to write damaged people, but this also comes as a skill to simply write people - because it is easy for a reader to judge, and rarely a full consideration towards the characters is regarded. Yet you did it, being the player of even more complicated role - the writer.
I LOVED your ability to bring back certain tiny things and words that had happened chapters ago. I did notice them.
What I did miss was the emergency stone thing - what was that? What did it do? Maybe one more chapter of Harry and Dumbles' conversation would have been a cherry on the top... but that's just a tiny, molecular wish of mine.
THANK YOU! I ran through both of your stories in less than one day like an addict, and I truly, madly wish there was more. Once you dig up the gold mine, you do not want to let go of it and you go slightly mad when you discover that there is as much gold as there is.
Mulberries chapter 28 . 1/29
Let me add my voice to the chorus. What an amazing, beautiful, brilliant story. It is well-crafted, well-written and so unique in its deeper characterisation and raw feeling.
This is the only time I can truly say that I hate Harry. What he did was Unforgivable.

Love the story btw! Still gonna read it to the end! :)
Katiewalters chapter 28 . 1/2
This is a wonderful story!
megacharizat chapter 25 . 12/31/2017
Dumbledore is like a rolercoster. first I hated him, then I pittied him, and now I hate him again. ugh, I wonder what's next.
megacharizat chapter 6 . 12/31/2017
snape is a git! stupid, mean, lying, git! git! giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!

but your story is quite awesome.
Uzu-kurama chapter 28 . 12/29/2017
You're story is perfect. The relation between Harry and Snape is really interesting. The end is just woaw... Well done ! Thank you so much :D
Little.Luna chapter 28 . 12/23/2017
I don’t think you know how amazing it feels when reading such a good story. I loved the relationship between Snape and Harry, how you’ve written it, how it evolves. It just feels right. And I think feeling is such a strong theme in your story and in a matter of fact, it describes it beautifully. Well done !
1,649 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »