Reviews for Twilight Fanfiction Etiquette
TulipNixphe chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
Great advice! I will put a link to this on my desktop so I can look at it whenever I write Twilight Fanfiction.
Jenni Drocks chapter 3 . 11/14/2011
Gotta say you are awesome for taking the time to write this out. You had advice that was applicable to other stories other than Twiligh. I actually found this as a cited work in someone's essay I'm looking at including in my own for a college class of mine. You were very clear, and I loved the '100 ways..." bit, I really laughed at those. I got to say thanks, you're one totally awesome human being and I am honored to be the sam species as you ]
timey-wimey detector chapter 4 . 3/2/2011
This had a lot of really good advice, not only for the Twilight fandom, but for fanfiction in general. As for your take on the flame, I agree, it seems as if they wanted to seem smart by using big words in order to give a feeling that they knew what they were talking about and I don't honestly think anyone would write that without an agenda. Also, they seemed to like the word fornicate. What does anything they said in connection to that have to do with writing? Oh, sorry, I seem to have gone off on a rather long tangent. Oops. I also have to agree with your opinions stated in this chapter. I have found many fanfics better written, and while it's a good thing that there are great writers here, its sad when they make the original look like a crayon drawing next to an oil painting. At any rate, I wish more people would read this. It would really make fanfic a better place.
lll0 chapter 1 . 10/18/2010
Loved the story-thing, most of those things get on my nerves like hell to. I was just wondering, why do you need to put a disclaimer at the top? People know you don't own twilight, so why do we need to tell people?
TripOverFlatSurfaces chapter 3 . 7/20/2010
Hey, about that flame example...was it really like that? Er, look, I know it's probably kind of stupid to review just about the flame but I've never seen so many insulting words together in the same place. Did that person go through a dictionary or something?

OK! Now that I've gotten that out of my system... I'm so glad someone(which is you) finally got fed up enough to write this sort of thing. It's good advice! If people take this to heart, I'm sure the number of well- written fanfictions will increase.

Also, I'm pretty sure this isn't in there, when writing fanfics it's always best to put some space inbetween your sentences, usually two taps of the ENTER key. Otherwise, it'll become one big block of text. I don't know about you, but I always find those kind of stories so hard to read that I just give up altogether.

Ex: Smiling, she reached down to playfully ruffle his hair. He half-heartedly swatted her hand away, grumbling, "I'm not a kid anymore."

Her smile widened, "Oh but you'll always be my kid brother. Besides, who's the one that still wets the bed?"

"Sh-Shut up! Only once! It was only once!" His face flushed with embarressment. He could not believe she was still holding that against him. It wasn't his fault. Really. She giggled at his expression. Her laughter was like bells tinkling in the air.

He jumped to his feet and mumbled a quick excuse before dashing back to the house, face flaming. The sound of bells followed him all the way to his room.

See the example above? Yeah, that's what I meant.
Bourbon Rose chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
absolutely true, everything, but especially the grammar part. It annoys the hell out of me when a story doesn't have a break in the whole freaking thing. Or those stupid A/N through it. You're absolutely right.

You know what's also annoying? When an author starts a story and then - in the freaking middle of it! - stops, because he/she doesn't know how to continue. Hello?
edwards-crazy-lover chapter 4 . 4/21/2010
WOW! that was all useful information.

Authors who write Twilight Fanfic must read this!

But I must admit I opose to some of ur views concerning the cullens but other than that I love that you have taken you're time and effort to write this up.

Well, good luck with you're work!
Vinegar and Roses chapter 2 . 11/20/2009
Thx for this, but I skipped it, since... well, I got a little bored. I'll go to it for help if I get writer's block, which is really often. I also have a question. Is it good ettquette in your opinion, to give a preview paragraph on a story? I did that and well, I'm wondering if I should do that in the future. I'm not sure I would like to get a new chapter alert, and in the end its an A/N or just one paragraph. But I heard that some people may acctually like it this way. So... Any advise?
Vinegar and Roses chapter 1 . 11/20/2009
Uh. I believe Bella would be stronger than Felix, since New Borns are THAT strong, like SM said. And Bella didn't need to do much to beat Emmet in BD, if you didn't realise.
WantsToBeAWriter13 chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
You've really helped. Thanks.
Danelly chapter 1 . 9/14/2009
Thank you for sharing this! I haven't done much Twilight yet, and, as my favorite characters are the Volturi, it will probably be about them. :) But seriously, thank you. It's really great that you have these guidelines, because, being given this sort of thing from the start, rather than a bunch of flames after you've wrote a story, really helps people. :)
Blue Tulips chapter 3 . 8/5/2009
Wow, that review is...harsh. If it were me, I would have said: Well, that flame just helped me learn some new vocabulary in future chapters!

I agree with your points on this, great job!
Blue Tulips chapter 2 . 8/5/2009
Woow, I laughed so hard on some of these! That's EXACTLY how to get author's block, well I haven't tried even 10 percent of them even, but logic adds up...
Blue Tulips chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
If only I found this when I started! XD Yeah, I had to learn these the hard way. (I kinda have a Mary-Sue built up) But, thanks for this help!

I know how you feel about these things like the summaries, AN notes during the story, and spelling. So many stories are like [insert line here...]

(AN-I wanted to stop it here, but I'm not that mean!)

[insert...] I'm always like, okay...you don't have to tell me that, I kinda want to read story now...

Great job at this!
109309344324309 chapter 1 . 6/14/2009
This is really useful and so true! So many people on fanfiction are using horrible cliches and bad grammer nowadays...Ugh. *shudders*