Reviews for For the Love of a Child
a reader chapter 2 . 3/8/2013
the plot was okay but the timing difference was way off ..
Shcarlette chapter 7 . 10/29/2012
so cute...
timey-wimey detector chapter 2 . 2/6/2011
Eto...I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but you might not want to put random Japanese lines in these. Unless the person is extremely familiar with the language they won't know the difference between aho and baka, or the other random uses of Japanese. Quite frankly, it was hurting my head when I had to switch back and fort between languages that often. Another solution would be to post footnotes at the end with translations for non Japanese speakers. Anyway, the idea for this story is good, but its a bit difficult to read.
kokoronagomu chapter 7 . 3/8/2010
i believe i read this a long long time ago, but never reviewed. i'm correcting that grievous error now.

that was sweet. a little deviation from canon, but a wonderful one. powerfully emotional story.

a pleasure,

ginny

kokoronagomu. deviantart. com
poems2songs chapter 7 . 10/12/2007
wonderful story... really liked it... good job... great work...
antica chapter 7 . 12/14/2005
loved the story it is so sweet _
RiverDoe chapter 7 . 11/12/2005
wow, such a sweet story. love it.
Stefanie2 chapter 7 . 10/13/2005
How odd...I go looking for some good Kenshin fics and I find yours. :-p
Kagero chapter 7 . 9/23/2005
I know this story is out for almost 4 years, but only recently I have stumbles to it.

All I have to say is that you have captures the spirit of the show perfectly, and thats something really hard to do.

Great story.
Reiyuka chapter 7 . 8/5/2005
A lovely ending to a lovely story! That's really all I can say, it was just so very lovely. -
skenshingumi chapter 6 . 5/28/2005
I love the part where Kenshin tells Mikomi the story of how they met and reveals his true feelings. I also love that Kenshin, who is always portrayed as so great with kids, gets a bout of frustration trying to figure out what the baby wants.
skenshingumi chapter 5 . 5/28/2005
Wow, Aoshi and Misao both get philosophical in this chapter. That could be dangerous.

I love the three of them waking up on the futon together but the best part is definitely after Misao takes the baby. The way they just slide into nature taking its course without real thought or planning is perfect after they have been dancing around each other for a year. I especially like the way Kenshin drops the dono after Kaoru admits she would have let their love-making continue. I noticed the missing honorific before she did, by the way.
skenshingumi chapter 4 . 5/28/2005
I love this, the torment on the bridge, running to hide his tears and then ending on "hope". That imagery is so true to the story and spirit of Kenshin. (Unlike Seisouhen which I consider totally AU.)

I forgot to mention two things I loved about the last chapter. I loved the idea of Kenshin buying the baby a doll and then realizing it as if in a trance, uncomfortable with what that means. I also loved the last paragraph, where Kaoru just begins to realize the depths to which Kenshin is affected. "He turned on her. Kaoru fought the urge to gasp at the pain that radiated from his violet eyes, the guilt and the

loss that swirled around in an endless loop. "No, Kaoru," he growled. "I will not name that child." Kenshin pulled her hand away from his gi and marched out the gate, nearly

running into Yahiko."

That last paragraph is so powerful and vivid. Excellent stuff.
skenshingumi chapter 3 . 5/28/2005
This story is such a great one. I love the whole idea of Kenshin having to deal with the anguish of killing his child as well as his wife. Kenshin has such a special relationship with children that you know this is totally eating him up.

I can't understand why your reviews aren't in the hundreds. You write well and the story is excellent. I have read it before but I just felt like checking it out again. You need advertising!
skenshingumi chapter 7 . 12/6/2004
Great story! Please write more RK fiction.
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »