Reviews for Stolen
Asher chapter 26 . 1/23
So I realise that this story is quite old, but I have to comment here. Normally I reserve my thoughts until I finish a fic if I'm not quite sure where it's going-especially fics like this, which are complete.

But something has bothered me and I cannot ignore the need to address it: the slurs in this chapter.

I'm not sure whether you are now aware, but whether you are or not, it needs to be said: using the term 'Gypsy' is unacceptable. To the Romani people it's very like the N-word in use and meaning. For centuries upon centuries the Romani people have been looked down upon, treated as vermin, subjugated to hard lives as outcasts and met with hatred and disgust at each and every step. Distrust and hatred of them continues to this day, and so perpetuating that attitude by likening them to demons seriously strikes a chord with me; an unpleasant one, off-key and jarring.

As I've said, I realise that this story is rather old but this chapter has left me incredibly disturbed, not by the otherwise dark content (such as the stillbirths, the implied lesser status of the female fetuses despite female fetuses being more resilient in real life, the implied gore)-none of that bothered me as I have a strong interest in dark themes, and a stronger stomach.

But when words have an affect on others' lives, in real life, it must be addressed.

If things have changed since this chapter was written, then this commentary was unnecessary and I hope you'll ignore it. But if you were unaware of the severity of it, as so many people are, then I hope you'll find it helpful.
Lna Anwar chapter 3 . 1/21
I hate Lucius so goddamn much.
kat chapter 9 . 1/12
i wanna return narcissa's slap with a punch or two and rip her hair out! what a ho!
f3y-chan chapter 43 . 1/5
Oh, and I remember you wrote Regulus Black as Regalus or something. Maybe if you have the time you can fix it? Just saying. Peace out!
f3y-chan chapter 44 . 1/5
Obviously, it's me again, since apparently my rant was too long for a single review. Anyway, I would like to say I also love the magical things in this story, like the irish phoenix, although that was originally from Fantastic Beasts, but it still nice to include details from JK Rowling to the story. My most favorite part from this is the fourth part, i think it is called not yet certain. It's the most different background compared to JK Rowling world, and yet it was so real. The whole story feels real to me, and for that I give my thanks to you. Thank you for writing it. I enjoy it very much. Good luck!
f3y-chan chapter 45 . 1/5
Thank you, thank you so much for this amazing story. It really was a masterpiece. Hermione and Draco were both very in character, and you developed them well. They have changed so much and yet it was effortlessly and gradually done. Draco's line, maybe you would like to marry me sometime, was such an undraco thing to say in canon, but it's just perfect in this story. And the whole story can be passed as canon, and that is like the greatest compliment ever. Truth to be told I got a bit sad and angry Draco spent so much time at Azkaban, but I guess, oh well, that was life. On the other hand, I am so so very very happy you made Remus alive, and Tonks, and their son, and John! A truly fairytale ending for Remus, that is so precious. Thank you again. One of my favorite moments from this fanfic was when Agnes said that it's not the color of her dress to Hermione, but it was the way Felix saw her, young and beautiful, always. It's so romantic.
Dark Veritas chapter 44 . 10/28/2015
So I just finished reading. WOW. I think it may be the best and realistic Dramione fic I've ever read, and I've been reading them for over a decade. I have absolutely struggled to find good ones after I exhausted all the classics, and I am so glad I found yours. You managed to utilize the forced marriage plot without your story being all about it-its a temptation I see a lot of writers give into and you artfully avoided it, so bravo. Additionally, I think I understand why Hermione was so passive early on-to maintain her cover. I love how Draco slowly developed-his development was not forced at all and he was not 100% a new person, but good enough for Hermione in my opinion because he saved all the house elves! Also, that proposal was so hilarious and the ending so fitting as well as how Draco came out of his madness with the phoenix and the rain. I am so sad Ron died but I supposed someone major had to. I am also sad that couple they were staying with dad-that one really hurt.

Anyway, thank you for writing this story-and for finishing it! I lead quite a stressful life and its so nice to get lost in a story at the end of the day and not get torn out of it by bad grammar, or writing, or cliche. This was truly a beautiful piece.
Dark Veritas chapter 45 . 10/28/2015
What a beautiful, perfect, honesty way to end it. Bravo!
Dark Veritas chapter 13 . 10/25/2015
YAY CROOKSHANKS LIVES
Dark Veritas chapter 12 . 10/25/2015
WOW that is so dark...brilliant though.
Dark Veritas chapter 10 . 10/25/2015
Okay, I do like her a bit more in this one. She seems much more in character for some reason.
Dark Veritas chapter 8 . 10/25/2015
So I really like this story so far! I don't usually like forced marriage stories because I generally find the relationship that develops equally forced and the whole concept rather distasteful, but I love that she's really only doing this for the Order, so that's pretty in character.

What I don't think is in character is Hermione just standing back as the house elf is going to be murdered...particularly because she has always defended Kreacher. I just think that she's a little passive in this story and a little bit like a damsel in distress when Hermione is really always one to move things forward and maintain agency over her life...Maybe I'll be proven wrong in future chapters.
weasleyey chapter 39 . 10/23/2015
THIS IS THE MOST BRILLIANT YET BRUTAL I LOVE YOU EXCHANGE I HAVE EVER READ I AM BROKEN
Nelly983 chapter 45 . 9/30/2015
Wow one of the best stories I have ever read. Thank you
fldancer94 chapter 45 . 9/29/2015
Omg! This was such a great story! I lost it at the part where he blurted out his proposL It was just so cute! Can't wait to read again!
1,491 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »