Reviews for Paper Tiger
ehux2high4u.de chapter 11 . 7/6/2010
I wondered all over the last yearsince I found your „Brotherhood“ about the story when Porter threatend the boys. I guess I missed this story the last time.

But now, in lack of new episodes I decided to reread the whole Brotherhood-Story so far. And I hope that, when I finish, that I can finish with the new stories during the last season.

So I have to say that I love this story. All the emotional stuff between Dean and Caleb is amazing. And how they include little Sammy. And all the jokes about the tigers. It's awsome. I laughed my ass off about the cotton balls. ;o)

I love all your fics. You are a exceptionally gifted writer and I hope that you don't stop writing – ever!

For ever yours,

Emily
Voldemort- Coolest Badguy EVER chapter 11 . 4/7/2010
Goodness, this is a suspenseful, teasing little chapter, ain't it? Reading the stories in the order given on The Hunters Tomb, I still have a way to go before "To The Victor Goes The Spoils", so all this is a nice lead-in to it... Particularly cause I don't remember what happens in "Victor"... I have a terrible memory span. 8P

Griffin is certainly the bad guy you love to hate - and I do kinda love him... A little... I always have obsessions with the bad guys... *blushes*

I loved the last line: "Because only The Guardian can open the goddamn door."

It was a nice bit of humour and major suspense, and an awesome way to draw an intense and amazingly written story to a close.

Thanks for another wonderful read!

Voldemort- Coolest Badguy EVER chapter 10 . 4/7/2010
Yes, I'm in the group who would've liked tom have seen Griffin BURN, but, as said before, it can't be all good guys, can it?

The entire Christmas scene was very cute with a nice mix of humour and cute fluffiness. 8)

Dean and Sam's conversation at the end was both sweet and sad; Sam's line, "Lots of bad things happen around us, Dean" was a firm tug on the heartstrings. Love for little Sam!

This was a beautiful chapter, and a nice way to bring all that angst and drama to a happy end.

Voldemort- Coolest Badguy EVER chapter 9 . 4/7/2010
Hooray! We've gotten to the rescue! 8)

It's very sad to see Jarrett go down, after his guilt and sense of honour finally caught up with him. He would have been a nice character to have around, but we can't have nothing but good guys in the story, can we? ;)

Griffin is cold as ice - his treatment of the boys was cruel, and his attempts to cover up his own betrayal was just plain evil, so it was good to see him finally get his comeuppance. Suffer, Porter, suffer. 8)

Voldemort- Coolest Badguy EVER chapter 8 . 4/7/2010
I am so easily amused that, for reasons I can't quite understand, I found Bobby's code name "Junkyard Dog" to be so funny that I laughed hysterically for some time. Thank God I'm alone right now. Otherwise people would think I'm crazy. 8

Dean's line "I don't wanna go" really tugged at the heartstring - you can convey the emotions of these young children so well, it makes the scenes so much more realistic and heartbreaking.

Caleb's protectiveness is, as usual, adorable to read, so this was another muchly-loved chapter. 8)

Voldemort- Coolest Badguy EVER chapter 7 . 4/7/2010
This chapter was a wonderful mix of humour, angst, and some adorable "aw" moments.

I loved John, Mac and Bobby's scene - what's not to love about a group of grown men acting like children? 8) John's line about them acting like Dean and Sam was a bittersweet line, adding to all that drama we've got here.

Poor Dean was in need of some major comfort, so Caleb acting the protective older brother was very sweet. I also liked Sammy's prayers at the end. His innocence over the "whole puppy thing" was also extremely cute. 8D

I can barely remember where the story goes from here - it's like reading it for the first time, so it's all very exciting and suspenseful. Lovin' it!

Voldemort- Coolest Badguy EVER chapter 6 . 4/7/2010
Griffin's true nature is revealed - makes for an awesome chapter!

Jarrett is another interesting character - I liked the inner conflicts he was experiencing, with his paternal instincts fighting his willingness to obey Porter. Knowing his fate, it's sad to read his feelings for his sons; he's clearly a loving father, if nothing else.

Sick!Dean is very sad, so methinks I'll keep reading now. 8)

Voldemort- Coolest Badguy EVER chapter 5 . 4/7/2010
Aw, who couldn't love the story of the blue shirt? Adorable! 8)

I loved Dean's phone call with Pastor Jim and John - I've always appreciated your characterisation of Dean as intelligent; too often you see stories which have Sam and Dean with brain and brawn respectively, so it's a welcome change to see Dean with amazing practical skills and cunning.

You left Dean's fate at a cliffhanger (and it's been so long since I've read this story that I don't remember what happens...), and then we had Sam and Caleb's scne which was both cute and bittersweet.

I liked Sam filling in Dean's lines of the rehearsed story, and loved the image of Griffin being unable to hold back a laugh at Sam line: "That's why you call him Deana and tell him to untwist his panties and let you tell the rest of the fucking story." Hilarious!

Another awesome chapter, really getting into the thick of the action.

Voldemort- Coolest Badguy EVER chapter 4 . 4/7/2010
Things are getting nice and angsty, huh? 8)

Loved the image of John near tackling Bobby when the phone rang - a nice bit of humour before we reach Caleb, Dean and Sam's scene.

Griffin's story about Merlin and the original Triad was a wonderful piece of dialogue amidst all the action of the scene. It was good to see the beginning of Caleb's realisation regarding his and the boys positions in the Brotherhood.

The image of Dean clinging to Caleb and hiding behind him was enough to bring tears to my eyes! Poor little Dean! 8(

You ended with a rather evil cliffhanger there, on a cruel, foreboding line, so thank goodness I don't have to wait for the next chapter!

Voldemort- Coolest Badguy EVER chapter 3 . 4/7/2010
After all the "hurt" in the last chapter, it was nice to see some much needed "comfort". Dean's defences coming down was near heart-breaking, and lead to the wonderful brotherly image of he and Caleb hugging, which was cute. 8)

I liked the quick reference to Elijah and Ethan - reading this the first time, I sure my eyes would have skimmed over it, oblivious.

Things are looking grim for the boys, and we had no sight of John, Mac and the others in their search for them, so onwards...

P.S. Loved the quote!

"In waking a tiger, use a long stick." - Mao Tse-Tung

8D
Voldemort- Coolest Badguy EVER chapter 2 . 4/7/2010
And the plot thickens, indeed! Griffin is a clever ol' SOB, ain't he? ;)

Loved the inclusion of Duran Hughes - he's another interesting character, in my opinion.

We get a quick glimpse of Dean - and if memory serves me right, Sid's mention of fire doesn't bode well for the little Winchester...

Still waiting for Sam, so onto the next chapter!

Voldemort- Coolest Badguy EVER chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
I'm finally back for some more reading and reviewing!

The 2007 intro was very sad, knowing Jim and John have passed away, leaving poor Mac alone with all the responsibility of the Brotherhood. Needless to say, I'm glad to get into the flashbacks, where everyone's alive and... "well". 8)

Griffin's such an odd character, so it's good to see him back in the midst of a story.

I love little Dean and Sam, so I shall happily go onto the next chapter to find 'em!

Iron Angel 80 chapter 12 . 4/17/2008
I've just finished your story and I loved it. I've also checked out your web-site 'The Hunter's Tomb' and it's awesome, you have a real talent for this stuff and I hope you keep it up. One thing I'm wondering, at the end of chapter 11 you had a drinking game about the two new hunters Ruby and Bela. I realize you wrote that before the third season started and no one knew how the new charactors were going to work out, and you had some strong opinions about the girls. Now that the third season is almost over and we've gotten to know the girls, what do you feel they contributed to the story? Do you like them now, now that we know they're not riding around in the back seat of the Impala helping to solve cases? I've got to say that I really enjoy Bela's charactor, she's such a pain in the boys asses that I find her well suited to the show - just to make the boys life toughter than it already is. You had to smile when she told Dean that they should have angry sex, that was pretty funny. Any way, keep it up and I will be starting To the Victor Goes the Spoils tomorrow.
SomeoneElsesDream chapter 11 . 2/13/2008
So I'm reading chapter 8 of Victor and I see a note about a reference in Paper Tiger...what? How have I missed a whole Brotherhood story? What rock was I living under when this was written? Oops...my bad!

This was great (as all your stories are) and I really loved the history of why we hate Griffin (because we do) and why we love Mac (again, because we do)

Pastor Jim should have let John kill Griffin when he had the chance...or better yet...Jim should have done it himself...that would have been gripping and amazing.
writerchick03 chapter 11 . 10/23/2007
Must confess it took a little to process the many new characters in this fic. I found the Hunter's Tomb most helpful! I can't wait til Caleb finds out about the deal. Now, on to read the next fic!